Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make Enemies
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: How to make Enemies

(08-13-2012, 06:02 PM)Thenooblevelcreator Wrote: Ok, here i go. I'm using blender, and i still have to know well how does it work. I tried to:
1: Import the brute
2: With edit mode, i got some edges of it's sword and i moved them, so it seems an axe, and I exported it as a .dae (with another name, of course)
Then, i went to Model editor and I tried to import the mesh. It crashed. I know that modeling is very hard, but for my CS i would like to have a bit different character.
I think that it is a texture problem, but i'm not sure.
I don't exactly know if i'm asking too much, but i want to do something for beggining. Perhaps i should begin with desks, or something, but i'm not really interested on furniture.
It's not a texture problem, it's a blender problem. Blender has tons of issues with exporting DAE apparently.
08-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(08-13-2012, 06:05 PM)Traggey Wrote:
(08-13-2012, 06:02 PM)Thenooblevelcreator Wrote: Ok, here i go. I'm using blender, and i still have to know well how does it work. I tried to:
1: Import the brute
2: With edit mode, i got some edges of it's sword and i moved them, so it seems an axe, and I exported it as a .dae (with another name, of course)
Then, i went to Model editor and I tried to import the mesh. It crashed. I know that modeling is very hard, but for my CS i would like to have a bit different character.
I think that it is a texture problem, but i'm not sure.
I don't exactly know if i'm asking too much, but i want to do something for beggining. Perhaps i should begin with desks, or something, but i'm not really interested on furniture.
It's not a texture problem, it's a blender problem. Blender has tons of issues with exporting DAE apparently.
So, i should use 3ds instead? I must admit that blender is full of tools, but if it can import DAE, it should export a .DAE correctly, shouldn't?
Perhaps, as an enemy is more complicated to do, you may have problems exporting enemies.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
08-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(08-13-2012, 06:17 PM)Thenooblevelcreator Wrote: So, i should use 3ds instead? I must admit that blender is full of tools, but if it can import DAE, it should export a .DAE correctly, shouldn't?
Perhaps, as an enemy is more complicated to do, you may have problems exporting enemies.

Blender has only some import issues, but HPL2 doesn't know how to handle Blender's armatures since HPL2 was designed for Maya's armatures and way of exporting. HPL2 can handle everything else that Blender exports to DAE, though--albeit, Blender doesn't export object names, only IDs. There is a way to prevent HPL2 from crashing with Blender's armatures, but that's futile too. HPL3, or even A Machine for Pigs, may solve these issues.

Also, using 3DS Max won't help either.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2012, 07:10 PM by Your Computer.)
08-13-2012, 07:09 PM
Website Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Then, if i made the same with maya it would work? The only problem is blender?

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
08-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(08-16-2012, 12:26 PM)Thenooblevelcreator Wrote: Then, if i made the same with maya it would work? The only problem is blender?
Yup.
08-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Well, i don't have maya (by the moment). Sorry for my ignorance in this, but if i made a desk (something much simplier) with blender, it would work? It's just that i'm new in this, and i want to have the minimal knowledge. I promise: One day i will make a custom enemy for everyone.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
08-18-2012, 10:49 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(08-18-2012, 10:49 PM)Thenooblevelcreator Wrote: Well, i don't have maya (by the moment). Sorry for my ignorance in this, but if i made a desk (something much simplier) with blender, it would work? It's just that i'm new in this, and i want to have the minimal knowledge. I promise: One day i will make a custom enemy for everyone.

Armatures are the only real issue with Blender vs HPL2. Static objects and other entities work when you keep in mind what is written in the wiki.

Fact: lots of objects in Amnesia were made with Blender.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2012, 11:35 PM by Your Computer.)
08-18-2012, 11:34 PM
Website Find