Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Enemies
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

Threads: 12
Custom Enemies

Hi, so I want to change the sounds a monster makes. So I figured I'd do this by copying the grunt entity folder in the original Amnesia folders, then adding it under my own custom story folder like this - MyStory/entities/enemy/ - However that didn't show up in the level editor. It works when I put the edited enemy in the original amnesia entities folder, however I can't keep it this way if I want to release my custom story as I need everything under the "MyStory" folder. Is there anyway to do this without releasing a full conversion?

Apparently the user name "Kiorgaard" isn't accepted by the administrator. Turns out you can't have a name with a double 'a' in it. Odd...
08-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: Custom Enemies

What you're doing is correct. The level editor is trying to load the .ent file from your entities, when it's in your custom story folder. Just create a duplicate and put it into your custom story folder.

08-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Find
Chap Offline

Threads: 16

I tried doing this myself a while back but I remember having a problem where even after I made a duplicate and changed the music in the model editor, it would still revert back to the original music files. Is there perhaps a statement in the code that needs to be changed, like a directory or something? That might help kiorga if there is something that needs redirecting.

[Image: 20643.png]
08-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Find
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

I just copied the grunt entity, changed the music to something else, and it worked. It worked because I edit a duplicate grunt folder inside the original amnesia/entities/enemies path. But I want to throw all my edited files in amnesia/customstories/mystory/entities/enemies, but I can't find a way for the level editor to draw entities form that path. That's my problem....

Also, I'm wanting to change some of the voices that the suitors have, but although I can find the basic enabled, idle, attack, etc. sounds under ptest, I cannot find their actual quotes anywhere; like: discover, death, giveup, etc. Any ideas?

Apparently the user name "Kiorgaard" isn't accepted by the administrator. Turns out you can't have a name with a double 'a' in it. Odd...
08-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Find
brute360 Offline

Threads: 0

amnesia the dark descent\lang\eng\ptest\voice\
08-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Find
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

Great! Thanks.

08-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Find
Theforgot3n1 Offline

Threads: 20

I think if you want to create your custom enemy in your map, you have to click "mesh" (in the "general" tab for any entity), and change that to the location of your custom enemy. That way it'll find your specific entity.

Confusion: a Custom Story - Ch1 for play!
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-15477.html
About 50% built.
Delayed for now though!
08-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Website Find