Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Unplayable - Part II (in-game computer console unusable)
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game Uplayable - Part II (in-game computer console unusable)

JosephTheLee Wrote:
Thomas Wrote:Afraid I have not got a clue what the problem might be.... I will give it some thinking and get back as soon as I got an idea.

I'll try a complete re-install in the meantime. I just don't understand why one particular window (the password in the messhall) would work and the others do not.

Me neither, cannot think if any difference.

Tried taking a screenshot with F8? The screen ends up in the "redist" folder in your installation directory.
02-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Find
JosephTheLee Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game Uplayable - Part II (in-game computer console unusable)

Thomas Wrote:Me neither, cannot think if any difference.

Tried taking a screenshot with F8? The screen ends up in the "redist" folder in your installation directory.

I did not look in that folder; I thought it was probably somewhere in the install directory but didn't find it.

I'll upload a shot when I'm off of work.
02-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Find
JosephTheLee Offline

Finally figured out why it wouldn't take screenshots. Apparantly, Vista's User Account Control prevents the application from creating new files in any Program Files subdirectory.

I turned it off and was able to get the shot, see attached.

I've also looked through the other folders and found some graphic files that I wasn't able to see in-game (namely, the gui_narrator_slide01-07.jpg files)...so the files themselves are not corrupt.

Thanks-
Joseph
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2008, 01:57 AM by narog.)
02-22-2008, 01:57 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Hmm seems like it is only the text that is missing... The text is inside an area that is supposed to be clipped. However that clipping is supposed to be very plain vanilla OpenGL and if it did not work, then wouldn't it _not_ clip...

I am very confused and will see what I can do. It is very hard to fix a problem like this when you can't reproduce it yourself.
02-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Find
Schwarze Pest Offline

Threads: 6

You can do it Thomas, you can do it! Wink

<3 Horror Adventures
02-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Find
JosephTheLee Offline

Would it be possible to get a screenshot of the in-game computer from you (w/ text) so we can continue with the game till this is ironed out? I'm hooked...want to play...

-JosephTheLee's impatient wife
02-25-2008, 03:43 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Could you attach a save of the computer room?
MyDocs\Penumbra\Black Plague\Saves\(most modern one)

And I'll do the computer part for you and than give you the save file immediately afterwards.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
02-25-2008, 04:01 AM
Find
JosephTheLee Offline

WindexGlow Wrote:Could you attach a save of the computer room?
MyDocs\Penumbra\Black Plague\Saves\(most modern one)

And I'll do the computer part for you and than give you the save file immediately afterwards.

The forum doesn't allow the file extension; I've got it hosted here.

Thanks for the help!

-Joseph
02-26-2008, 02:20 AM
Find
JosephTheLee Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Unplayable - Part II (in-game computer console unusable)

:-\
03-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Find
Senkari Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Unplayable - Part II (in-game computer console unusable)

I have that problem too and I really would like to have a screenshot from that console until there's patch or something.

My specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ 2.50 Ghz
2046 Mb RAM
Ati Radeon X1600 512 Mb
Windows Vista 32-bit
I have latest drivers.
03-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Find