Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Exporting A Rigged Model Crash.
warmacha11 Offline

Threads: 2
Question  Exporting A Rigged Model Crash.

Ive encountered a problem with exporting my model from maya to model viewer. it seems that when i load my model fully rigged into model viewer it crashes. However, when i delete all the joints, it loads perfectly fine. also i learned that it cant be anything to do with how it was binded to the skin because i deleted all the joints and simply placed two joints into the middle of the model without binding it to anything and it still crashed when i tried loading it into model viewer....

Ive searched up and down the internet for 2 days and have found no answer to my question... this is truly my last resort. i have never started a thread on here because ive always figured out my problems since i first started Amnesia....

PLEASE HELP! Sad
08-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Find
Measuring Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Exporting A Rigged Model Crash.

Go to your skin cluster tab in the atribute editor and set the Max Influences value to 2 and uncheck "Maintain Max influences", after that click on update weights. Then delete all non deformer history and export again. Should work now Smile

The Facility
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2012, 01:10 AM by Measuring.)
08-26-2012, 01:09 AM
Find
warmacha11 Offline

(08-26-2012, 01:09 AM)Measuring Wrote: Go to your skin cluster tab in the atribute editor and set the Max Influences value to 2 and uncheck "Maintain Max influences", after that click on update weights. Then delete all non deformer history and export again. Should work now Smile
ummm the thing is... the joints isnt actually binded to the skin yet.... there is no skin cluster...model viewer crashes even if i put any joint in the model file. it could be far away from it and not bonded to the skin and will still crash.... i dont understand! Undecided
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2012, 04:14 AM by warmacha11.)
08-26-2012, 04:01 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Maybe it ALSO crashes if the joints aren't binded at all, so it actually crashes for two different reasons but you think its the same reason. Who knows? Frictional's tools sure seem to work in mysterious ways sometimes! Wink
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2012, 12:18 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
08-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Find
warmacha11 Offline

(08-26-2012, 12:18 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Maybe it ALSO crashes if the joints aren't binded at all, so it actually crashes for two different reasons but you think its the same reason. Who knows? Frictional's tools sure seem to work in mysterious ways sometimes! Wink
Ok, I see what you mean.... I tried doing what the other guy told me to do, but it still crashed, maybe part because I didn't erease the non deformed history.... Because I don't know how to do that! Tongue

Man... I hope I don't get stuck having to download other peoples models. I'm trying to be as original as possible with my game!!! Confused
08-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Edit > delete all by type > delete non deformer history.

Also theres another guy on the forums who has the same problem so maybe its a common bug with the model viewer. if we find enough people with that problem maybe we can determine what they all have in common and send a bug report to frictional Tongue
08-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Find
warmacha11 Offline

(08-27-2012, 10:27 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Edit > delete all by type > delete non deformer history.

Also theres another guy on the forums who has the same problem so maybe its a common bug with the model viewer. if we find enough people with that problem maybe we can determine what they all have in common and send a bug report to frictional Tongue
ok i figured something else out.... i took someone elses model. made a short animation in maya. and when i tried loading the .dea in the model viewer guess what? it crashed! so that might mean that theres nothing wrong with the model viewer, but maybe my openCOLLADA, i tried repairing it but it didnt work..... anyone have an idea?

might be it, OR i heard that theres this one way that you can animate that only the model viewer could read.... all i did was move the joints and key the frame, if i did this wrong please tell me! Rolleyes
08-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Maybe it has something to do with the maya+plugin version you're using? Like, maybe the 2011 version doesn't work anymore and nobody else noticed because they were all using 2010 or 2009?
Edit: seems like my .dae files from Maya 2011 keep crashing the model viewer too. (not the model editor though) I'll get an older version and report back once I tried that.
Quote: might be it, OR i heard that theres this one way that you can animate that only the model viewer could read.... all i did was move the joints and key the frame, if i did this wrong please tell me! [Image: rolleyes.gif]
wait... stuff like simulations, dynamics, mocap and Trax Editor aside, how would one animate without setting keyframes and moving stuff around?
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2012, 10:37 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
08-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Find
warmacha11 Offline

(08-27-2012, 08:58 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Maybe it has something to do with the maya+plugin version you're using? Like, maybe the 2011 version doesn't work anymore and nobody else noticed because they were all using 2010 or 2009?
Edit: seems like my .dae files from Maya 2011 keep crashing the model viewer too. (not the model editor though) I'll get an older version and report back once I tried that.
Quote: might be it, OR i heard that theres this one way that you can animate that only the model viewer could read.... all i did was move the joints and key the frame, if i did this wrong please tell me! [Image: rolleyes.gif]
wait... stuff like simulations, dynamics, mocap and Trax Editor aside, how would one animate without setting keyframes and moving stuff around?
I don't know, something about graphs. I came across it when I was researching my problem before I started this thread.... Kindve odd that no one else has 2011... But you saying that yours too crashed when you exported the model from version 2011 seems Promising! Smile
08-28-2012, 04:10 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Hm, you mean with Graph Editor? That wouldn't be anything special though... I mean there are graphs generated every time you set keys. Its simply how Maya interpolates between them if you don't have one on every frame. I wouldn't know how to animate without using Graph Editor actually Wink

Anyway, in my case it crashes no matter if I have joints in it or not so I'm not sure if it's the same cause. Unfortunately Autodesks student service was down yesterday, but I'll get the oldest version they have available today. (I think its 2010)
08-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Find