Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Phantom of the Woods - Indie Feature Film
J.R.S.S. Offline

Threads: 5
Video  Phantom of the Woods - Indie Feature Film

My feature film, Phantom of the Woods, that I helped write, produce, acted, composed music, and so on has receieved World Wide Distribution from Cinema Epoch. It will also be available on Video On Demand, Netflix, and possibly Hulu and RedBox. You can buy the DVD on Amazon this November which is part of the Scared Stiff collection, which includes Phantom of the Woods and three other horror films. This is my first film with distribution, and I'm working on two more feature films as we speak. Hope you all check it out!

Plot Outline - Two young teenagers, Jake and Lana, believe their worst issues are within their everyday lives and homes, until strange occurrences and mysterious deaths begin to terrorize the small neighborhood. Soon their worst fears are unleashed and they must run for their lives before they and everyone they know is destroyed.

Release Date - November 2014
Available on Amazon on November 11th, 2014.

Nominated for Best Feature and Winner of Best Director at the Indie Horror Film Festival 2014.
[Image: blogger-image-691975658.jpg]

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/NUS3fz6z56M?list=PL2Jseh...KdkkKEabHP[/video]

Old but high view count trailer.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Old Update - Principle shooting is over. After shooting for almost six months, we're finally done with that process. The editor and I have been zooming through the editing process, along with the composers for music composition. With a deadline we have to meet for a popular festival over on the west coast, we've been moving fast. We're just now announcing the new trailer (no more teasers) for the film. I hope you all enjoy it and that it'll get everyone interested in watching it when it's released later this spring.

As far as I know, POTW will be available on Xfinity (Comcast) On-Demand under the Free-Movie section for everyone to watch. As for Netflix and other popular streaming sites, I cannot say at the moment. Buying a DVD will be available as well when it comes out, along with many bonus features (including commentary, behind the scenes, concept art, etc.)

As always, more information and updates can be found on the Facebook page.
First Post - Good day to you all. As some of you've seen me while others haven't, I don't post insanely on the forums. I lurk and say only when it has somewhat meaning or reason. So, to start off I work for an Indie film company by the name of Open Sign Productions. We're associated with Mike the Pike Productions, who has their hands in future films like White Space, Skin Trade (George R.R. Martin ((Game of Thrones))), and others. We're in the production of our feature film, named OAK. It's a psychological horror / thriller based in a small lake community, revolving around two teenagers. We've been writing since last fall, been through pre-production with casting, location scouting, budget, equipment cost, payment for cast/crew, etc and now finally shooting.

We have a budget that is given from partners but we put up a Kickstarter to see if we could get some extra cost for equipment and maybe extra pay for effects and the such. Any little thing helps. So if you wish to show some support in the project, a donation would be appreciated. Even if you don't wish to donate, go ahead and check out the trailer on the Kickstarter page and keep tabs on the progress. Any support would be
great. Thank you.

Kickstarter - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1673...ature-film
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2015, 10:40 PM by J.R.S.S..)
08-28-2012, 04:22 AM
Website Find
johnbox Offline

RE: OAK - Indie Feature Film

the trailer looks interesting. is it made after the slenderman-myth?
i would donate something, but i'm just 15 years old, so i don't have that much money. and because i'm also very interested in filmmaking and 3D-stuff, i still have enough expensive things on my wishlist to (nearly!) complete my first "semi-"professional equipment. and that just includes a new camera and a few cheaper things. everything else, wood. yay.
whatever,

good luck getting a bit more money for that project, and keep up the good work! :)

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
08-28-2012, 04:37 AM
Find
J.R.S.S. Offline

A lot of inspiration came from Lovecraft, along with creepy myths of the internet, like Slenderman. Though no, it's not based off him directly.

Always have to start small and young. We were doing backyard shorts back in 2000-2009 until we got involved with Mike the Pike. Starving artist for awhile, most of your life. Strive for the main goal that is apart of your dream, but never let your dream be apart of your main goal; living your dream is always possible, whether a goal is accomplished or not. As I mean, whether you, sir, get far and wide in the film industry as your goal is or stay a smaller Indie developer, as long as you keep your dream alive which is film, you will never fail.

Thanks for the feedback. Hope you keep tabs on the project!

Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The White Ship"
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2012, 05:38 AM by J.R.S.S..)
08-29-2012, 05:27 AM
Website Find
crisosphinx Offline

(08-29-2012, 05:27 AM)J.R.S.Storch Wrote: A lot of inspiration came from Lovecraft, along with creepy myths of the internet, like Slenderman. Though no, it's not based off him directly.

Always have to start small and young. We were doing backyard shorts back in 2000-2009 until we got involved with Mike the Pike. Starving artist for awhile, most of your life. Strive for the main goal that is apart of your dream, but never let your dream be apart of your main goal; living your dream is always possible, whether a goal is accomplished or not. As I mean, whether you, sir, get far and wide in the film industry as your goal is or stay a smaller Indie developer, as long as you keep your dream alive which is film, you will never fail.

Thanks for the feedback. Hope you keep tabs on the project!
I wish I had donated to that. Sorry!

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
12-05-2012, 02:14 AM
Find
J.R.S.S. Offline

It's quite alright, we managed to get the kickstarter funds and even got over our goal. We've been filming for the past three months and are finally on the last three weeks, wrapping up right before Christmas. Then post starts, which will include editing (naturally), ADR work, greenscreen, effect work, music, etc. etc. If you want to keep tabs on the project, go ahead and join the FB page.

http://www.facebook.com/bewaretheforest

New trailer is out, along with many screenshots. Peoples support is always appreciated!

Updated the first post with new screenshots and the trailer (along in this post).

Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The White Ship"
12-05-2012, 03:21 AM
Website Find
J.R.S.S. Offline

RE: Phantom of the Woods - Indie Feature Film

New trailer is released. Enjoy.

(first post updated)

H.P. Lovecraft
"The White Ship"
02-18-2013, 05:30 AM
Website Find
J.R.S.S. Offline

Finally able to announce that Phantom of the Woods, my first feature film, has received World Wide Distribution from Cinema Epoch and will be available on DVD this November on Amazon! First post updated with all the information!

H.P. Lovecraft
"The White Ship"
10-27-2014, 07:31 PM
Website Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45

(10-27-2014, 07:31 PM)J.R.S.S. Wrote: Finally able to announce that Phantom of the Woods, my first feature film, has received World Wide Distribution from Cinema Epoch and will be available on DVD this November on Amazon! First post updated with all the information!

Congrats! Big Grin That is very exciting to hear!

I gave the trailer a watch and honestly this looks very intriguing!

10-28-2014, 03:05 AM
Find
J.R.S.S. Offline

An exciting update! Phantom of the Woods (for which I star in next to my co-star Delaney Hathaway), is now available up on Comcast Xfinity, Verizon, Dish, and Cox On-Demand!
[Image: OnDemand_zps016053cf.jpg]

So instead of paying $20 for the DVD, you can now rent it out for $4.99. If anyone watches it, I'd love feedback. Thanks.

H.P. Lovecraft
"The White Ship"
02-15-2015, 10:39 PM
Website Find