Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS like Alone In The Dark 3
craven7 Offline

Threads: 8
CS like Alone In The Dark 3

Hi guys,

i was wondering if there is a CS/TC with an environment which is comparable to the house in the old game Alone In The Dark 3.

For those who don't know this game, it features a huge mansion with lots of doors, rooms (hidden and secret ones too ofcourse Wink) and loads of puzzles to solve, keys to find to open previously unaccessable areas etc.

I am looking for a map similar to this one, where you just don't go through room after room, but are moving in a huge area in which you reveal locations which weren't accessable half an hour ago, so you kinda get that "detective-feeling" by following clues which are spreaded over several locations to finally open THAT one door that is buggering you since you walked past it.

Don't get me wrong I am not looking for a remake of the map, I also want the typical Amnesia feeling with hiding/being chased etc, but not the typical Amnesia map design, which seems to be not completely linear, but still pretty straightforward.

Also don't get me wrong; i LOVE Amnesia^^

TLDR:
huge mansion, many puzzles, nonlinear map design

Thanks in advance!
08-29-2012, 11:29 AM
Find
johnbox Offline

Threads: 5
RE: CS like Alone In The Dark 3

hey,

because amnesia offers all this mansion-stuff, you can get tons of those custom stories. but i don't think, there will be anything comparable to your game, except someone really made it this way. then the CS-name has probably something to co eith AitD.
wait a second, i think there was one CS called like this... i will tell you if i found it.

if you want to play other mansion-puzzle-CS, just go to moddb, and pick one of the best rated. (but watch out, that isn't always the bext, moddb-user don't have the highest requirements for a good story, look at some screens, trailer usw.)
there's also a contest for the best ones in the forum, maybe you'll find a comparable CS over there.

edit: meh, didn't found anything.

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2012, 03:18 PM by johnbox.)
08-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
RE: CS like Alone In The Dark 3

There is none. There won't be any cs that resembles the feeling felt in that game. I tried before.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
10-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Find