Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Just Coded my First Jumpscare
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: I Just Coded my First Jumpscare

(08-29-2012, 11:10 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Good. Streetboat, you bring a sledgehammer. Kman and Damascus Rose will bring tentacles. Statyk and Palistov will bring cows. Andyrockin, bring the fatman and the VATS. Robo, bring the big guns. I will bring my flame-proof keyboard and play "Rise Rapture, Rise" on the highest volume.

Also, fuck PewDiePie. Fuck his retarded fans. Fuck his stupid jokes. Fuck his arrogance. Fuck his egocentrism.

We will chase away all these these idiots once and for all!!!
Or we could all just not be extremists and calmly deal with the situation. Getting into an uproar never really solved anything.

or this that perhaps too much to ask from this forum?

08-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Fuck off, I want to use my sledgehammer. :3

[Image: signature-2.png]
08-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(08-29-2012, 10:49 PM)Streetboat Wrote: It's just that the material in Amnesia is not suitable for people that age, from a developmental standpoint; being subjected to torture and violence and horror from a young age can't be a good thing to be desensitized to. It's meant for people over 18 for a reason. I even think that age may be a bit young, but that's as far as the ESRB and PEGI extend.
I wouldn't necessarily say everyone under that age isn't ready to play it, to be honest I played Amnesia when I was 13 and I don't think I turned out to be some psycho Tongue. In fact I think I'm much more mature than the majority of people my age. It's all about how mature you are, sure 98% of 13 year olds that play it are just gonna play it for the scares and won't appreciate how well executed it is, but I for one can appreciate how thought out the story was and how firm of a grasp Frictional has on how to really mess with your emotions/mind. I've always had an attraction to horror, so when I did end up picking up Amnesia it didn't really have as much impact on me as it would have on most people that age because, well, I'd already experienced stuff on that level through other media. Like I said, the majority of people really aren't ready to be playing a game like that when they're that young, but saying none of them are is stretching it a bit far.

Posting Freak
08-29-2012, 11:57 PM
Website Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

(08-29-2012, 11:57 PM)Kman Wrote:
(08-29-2012, 10:49 PM)Streetboat Wrote: It's just that the material in Amnesia is not suitable for people that age, from a developmental standpoint; being subjected to torture and violence and horror from a young age can't be a good thing to be desensitized to. It's meant for people over 18 for a reason. I even think that age may be a bit young, but that's as far as the ESRB and PEGI extend.
I wouldn't necessarily say everyone under that age isn't ready to play it, to be honest I played Amnesia when I was 13 and I don't think I turned out to be some psycho Tongue. In fact I think I'm much more mature than the majority of people my age. It's all about how mature you are, sure 98% of 13 year olds that play it are just gonna play it for the scares and won't appreciate how well executed it is, but I for one can appreciate how thought out the story was and how firm of a grasp Frictional has on how to really mess with your emotions/mind. I've always had an attraction to horror, so when I did end up picking up Amnesia it didn't really have as much impact on me as it would have on most people that age because, well, I'd already experienced stuff on that level through other media. Like I said, the majority of people really aren't ready to be playing a game like that when they're that young, but saying none of them are is stretching it a bit far.
I honestly didn't like the game as much as I could've because I used a walkthrough. I was too scared. If I could forget everything about Amnesia and play through it again without knowing anything, I would.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2012, 03:37 AM by Zaffre.)
08-30-2012, 12:28 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Semantics, semantics. 'None' was the easiest and most applicable term, but if you want me to be more precise, then yes, there are absolutely exceptions, as is the case with any rule or generalization. Tongue

[Image: signature-2.png]
08-30-2012, 12:29 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Weapons over here!

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
08-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Website Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

[Image: nuke.jpg]
[Image: nuke.jpg]
[Image: fallout3-giant-nuke.jpg]

(08-29-2012, 11:18 PM)Zaffre Wrote:

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/jE3_d4Cu2qk[/video]

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2012, 07:20 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
08-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Find