Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Grimind (an indie 2D horror game similar to LIMBO)
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Grimind (an indie 2D horror game similar to LIMBO)

(08-31-2012, 05:22 PM)Statyk Wrote: Why does the banning thing always have to come up? Let it go.

Also, Wouldn't it have been easier to put the 6 threads you made advertising indies into ONE thread instead of bumping a whole bunch of threads down?

Yeah, sorry. It's because I found the games one after another. Not all at the same time.
So, perhaps a moderator can move the threads of new indie games into one single main thread.
Thanks.
08-31-2012, 05:27 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I think it looks okay. The overall gameplay looks pretty bad (like Limbo), but I think it could do something special with the enemy encounters. In order to actually feel dangerous or oppressive or whatever, Limbo needed to have real threats, and instead it gave us instant death traps that respawned us instantly and let us go on our merry way after we knew where the deathtraps were. With enemies that actually stalk you in the dark and act dynamically, it could actually be pretty freaky.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
09-01-2012, 05:06 AM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Holy shit guys, it's a creepy spin on Kirby!
Imma scared!
09-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(09-01-2012, 05:06 AM)Sexbad Wrote: In order to actually feel dangerous or oppressive or whatever, Limbo needed to have real threats, and instead it gave us instant death traps that respawned us instantly and let us go on our merry way after we knew where the deathtraps were.
I don't think that was the intention of Limbo. What I think it was trying to do was trying to get us to marvel at the twisted, and mysterious world rather than wanting us to feel a ton of tension.
09-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(09-01-2012, 07:52 AM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(09-01-2012, 05:06 AM)Sexbad Wrote: In order to actually feel dangerous or oppressive or whatever, Limbo needed to have real threats, and instead it gave us instant death traps that respawned us instantly and let us go on our merry way after we knew where the deathtraps were.
I don't think that was the intention of Limbo. What I think it was trying to do was trying to get us to marvel at the twisted, and mysterious world rather than wanting us to feel a ton of tension.
When I criticize Limbo I get angry people telling me either what you said or what I mentioned. I think it depends on the weather. Either way, I don't think it was very effective.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
09-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Website Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Hm - it certainly looks interesting. Artstyle - wise I feel like Limbo is a bit more...elegant. The environments look less cluttered and are more readable, especially when it comes to the backgrounds. They are too "noisy" here for my taste. Gameplay looks a bit less fluid than Limbo, too, although that might be due to the animations rather than the actual physics behind the movement. Still, I might give this one a try Smile
09-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

You can actually play Grimind's alpha, containing the first level here. I downloaded and played it, and what I thought was that the graphics weren't very good but were stylized pretty well, but the controls were a bit clunky. The puzzles so far haven't been very thought provoking or difficult, but it is only the first level so I would imagine they get harder later on. The sound design isn't the greatest, but it helps get the needed feel across regardless. The game was fairly scary at parts when you are stuck in the unknown with sounds all around the character, and the chase seen was intense. Once you get past the negatives it's actually really fun. Feels a lot like Limbo, but scarier. It definitely has potential. I'd suggest you all give it a go and see for yourself.

The english translations are also pretty horrible too btw, but they were hilarious.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2012, 05:35 AM by Damascus Rose.)
09-02-2012, 05:29 AM
Find
Paweł Mogiła Offline

Threads: 0

Hi, here is Paweł Mogiła - the creator of Grimind.
Thanks for interest in my game. The discussion here was about very old alpha version. Now, the game was released this week for PC, after 3,5 years of development. Actually, Amnesia and Penumbra were main inspiration for making this game, you can see that controls (grabbing, throwing things) works like in Amnesia.
Here is release trailer:

If you would like to check the game - on official website http://www.grimind.com there is updated demo of the game, feel free to try it and if you like it, you can support my work by buying full version.

I'm also open to any questions and suggestions about the game.
Best regards
12-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Find