Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you want to see this "Equestria Girls" show come out?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
3.66%
7 3.66%
NO
21.47%
41 21.47%
Corn
74.87%
143 74.87%
Total 191 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pony Megathread
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Pony Megathread

Well I just watched the newest episode "Rarity Takes Manehatten", and after I'm done with this one I SERIOUSLY feel the need to share all my thoughts with all you guys. So here we go!

SPOILER free, except for some talk on the morale of the episode!

This episode is another Rarity centered episode, and I have to say it is one of the best episodes I've seen in a long...LONG time! It even may very well be able to compete with a Canterlot Wedding, which are my favorite episodes of the series, but falls short for a few minor issues.

The main winning point of this entire episode is the over-arching morale of the entire story. Before you are even 10 minutes halfway in, you can feel the internal struggle that Rarity is going through, which is also the morale of the episode.

What is it? Well it is that Rarity is conflicted after having her generosity exploited by a fellow pony on whether, or not she should selflessly continue to aid any pony who just might happen to need help, or just fend out for herself for fear of being used.

The episode brilliantly illustrates the two sides of the coin for this particular issue. There are just people who are simply deserving of your kindness, and you should give it without so much as a second thought, and then there are people who you may have to step back, and think for a bit. Rarity learns this all too well throughout the course of the episode, and as a result has changing attitudes on the matter. It is a very relateable, and very much real-world issue that this episode brings to light, and it is AWESOME to see mlp do this.

That basically is the one main thing carrying the whole episode, and the main thing that may very well make this one of my most liked episodes. However, there are still some issues with the entire thing that I feel a need to address. Some moderate, and some others really minor.

A noticeable issue for me when I viewed this episode was that I kind of noticed that all the events were transpiring at very high speed. Many of them did not get the comfort of being able to be fleshed out, and offer more in-depth to the scene. As a result most of the stuff just felt like it was "happening" without any support to make it feel more organic, and paced better.

Another small issue is mostly concentrated at the end of the episode where I mainly noticed more than just a few logical plot-holes that just made me go "How would that even make sense!?", but my overall enjoyment of the episode was enough for me to overlook this.

All, in all this episode is fantastic, and offered a relateable, and perhaps even thought provoking morale that is probably the first from MLP since a very long time!

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
01-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

I have to wait for Netflix to add the next fucking season; unless someone can give me a link to a website that will have ALL the new episodes, I can guess that I'll be waiting awhile.

Nothing beats reading Pony fanfiction while sipping a hot cup of Joe from your Rainbow Dash mug.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2014, 02:46 PM by failedALIAS.)
01-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(01-08-2014, 02:45 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: I have to wait for Netflix to add the next fucking season; unless someone can give me a link to a website that will have ALL the new episodes, I can guess that I'll be waiting awhile.
Youtube?

Image by BandyGrass
01-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Hahahahahahaha...

No.

Wait. . . Is that where you get them?

SEND ME LINKS; I CAN'T FIND THEM!

[Image: Uzumaki_is_magic.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2014, 06:19 PM by failedALIAS.)
01-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(01-08-2014, 06:18 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: Hahahahahahaha...

No.

Wait. . . Is that where you get them?

SEND ME LINKS; I CAN'T FIND THEM!

I think you can pretty much find them super easily just by typing in "my little pony season 4 episode x" in the search bar on Youtube lol.

Image by BandyGrass
01-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Manehatten on DVR still need to whatch!

01-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

By the way, I'm working on a story, and want to post it to FIMfiction. I'm very passionate about it, but I think I'd like to hear what you all have to say. I have yet to move on past the introduction. I'll post it here for feedback.

Spoiler below!

Equestrian Psycho: An American Psycho Parody

"Isn't that building going to be renovated next month?" Clean Cut's cheek was planted on the carriage's left window, a look of disinterest on his face. From the bags under his eyes, I could tell he had failed to get much sleep after last night's fiasco; though this was the same for me and Joe. Yet, when I looked over at Joe, his features were clearly more focused and alert. Meaning, he either had a better routine than me or Clean, or he was on enough steroids to kill a smaller pony. Celestia forbid it's the first possibility.

The four of us were crammed in the same tiny vehicle: Clean Cut, Joe Press, Sky, and myself. It wasn't often that any of us took this route, so we could never anticipate the potholes and when to brace ourselves. This, added with the stuffy atmosphere, put us all on edge.

I was seated between Sky, to my left, and Joe, to my right. Clean Cut was seated on the far left of the carriage, making mindless chit chat as he always did. It must have been something he inherited from his mother or nanny. Maybe a sister, though I wasn't sure if he had any siblings.

Sky nuzzled me, working her snout up and down my jawline. Whether it was a display of affection, or flirting, I couldn't tell. I decided to ignore it. Holding up my same passive expression as the carriage sped forward.

Though, I couldn't help but occasionally glare at each passing bum. Their faces drooped and eyes lazy. It was probably because they were drunk, or stupid -- neither would've surprised me -- that they kept the same face all day long. It was little past five and many of them were already slumped over, either rubbing the sleep out of their eyes with grime-covered hooves, or downing bottles of daisy scotch.

"There's another one!" Joe exclaimed excitedly. He pointed his hoof at the latest homeless pony that the carriage had passed.

"No fair," Clean replied. "I was just about to call it." He shot Joe a nasty look before returning to his jabbering. "I suppose it's to be expected. I hear the right side of this street is the living waste hotspot of the neighborhood," Clean said, trying to sound cool and unbothered. Despite this, his eyes were darting about the side walks, hoping to snatch the next point for himself. "I read an article in the Stable that estimates the homeless population to be up eight percent," he continued, blabbing about decay in Canterlot and other garbage. I gave up trying to fish some importance from Clean's puddle of words, instead turning my gaze back to the passing city.

$ $ $ $ $

01-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Find
molotavio.fauxx Offline

Threads: 0

Somepony certaimly kicked this tjread in the pants.
Nice to see you all again. Did you miss me?

"i support the potato" -- @MLP_molotavio
01-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(01-09-2014, 04:34 PM)molotavio.fauxx Wrote: Somepony certaimly kicked this tjread in the pants.
Nice to see you all again. Did you miss me?

Come here and give ya granpappy a hug.
01-09-2014, 05:52 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Episode List And Links To Them On DailyMotion, Vimeo, And Youtube.
Will Update As Episodes Continue To Come Out.
PM me which episode link is broken if one is found. I will replace it ASAP
Source (1) Source (2)

SEASON ONE
All Episodes

SEASON TWO
Episodes 1-24

Episodes 25&26 - A Canterlot Wedding

SEASON THREE
Episodes 1&2 - The Crystal Empire (Part 1&2)
Episode 3 - Too Many Pinkie Pies
Spoiler below!
Episode 4 - One Bad Apple
Episode 5 - Magic Duel
Episode 6 - Sleepless in Ponyville
Episode 7 - Wonderbolts Academy
Episode 8 - Just For Sidekicks
Episode 9 - Apple Family Reunion
Episode 10 - Spike At Your Service
Episode 11 - Keep Calm And Flutter On
Episode 12 - Games Ponies Play
Episode 13 - Magical Mystery Cure

SEASON FOUR
Episode 1&2 - Princess Twilight Sparkle (Part 1&2)
Episode 3 - Castle Mane-ia
Episode 4 - Daring Don't
Episode 5 - Flight to the Finish
Episode 6 - Power Ponies
Episode 7 - Bats!
Episode 8 - Rarity Takes Manehattan
Episode 9 - Pinkie Apple Pie
Episode 10 -Rainbow Falls
Episode 11 - Three's a Crowd
Episode 12 - Pinkie Pride
Episode 13 - Simple Ways
Episode 14 - Filli Vanilli
Episode 15 - Twilight Time
Episode 16 - It Ain't Easy Being Breezies
Episode 17 - Somepony to Watch Over Me

Episode 18 - Maud Pie

Episode 19 - For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils
Episode 20 - Leap of Faith
Applejack is doubtful of the Flim Flam Brothers' cure-all tonic; Granny Smith tries it and it seems to work.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2014, 09:03 AM by 7heDubz.)
01-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Find