Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
I NEED A TEAM TO CREATE MASTERPIECE ;D
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: I NEED A TEAM TO CREATE MASTERPIECE ;D

Just talking about how people are derailing threads isn't going to make people stop derailing threads. There might be one thread that might be derailed as we speak.

Some measures need to be brought in.

(no offense)

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2012, 05:55 PM by Robby.)
09-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Website Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(09-07-2012, 03:22 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: Haha, the best story fulfilled with jumpscares and an unforgettable atmosphere?

Interesting...

(09-07-2012, 01:58 PM)Traggey Wrote: For crying out loud guys, must you derail EVERY thread on the forum?

You're going to have to cut that out before I start sending warnings around, it's getting annoying.
I find your moderating skill annoying as of late.

ZyLogicX
To clear some things up Smile

We have to have a hierarchy; moderators, in order to keep the forums in shape. I don't think I have seen a forum without moderators.

It is true that Youtubers have led to an increase in new forum members, but I'd rather say that the increased amount of necessary moderator action is caused by the amount of members - not by a "new" (context from your message = immature) moderator.

As for handling situations, all moderators of this forum work "for free". I imagine they're doing their best handling what situations may arise; according to their own judgement. I am grateful to the people assuring this forum is running smoothly, which brings me to my next point: Looking at Traggey's individual performance as a moderator.

This thread was previously derailed and locked. Both Scraper and Traggey intervened: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid165470
Traggey is the moderator who suggested stopping pirated content from being spread through this site. I see that as a contribution. The custom content which he has shared (with quality well above the average shared ones) would also be such. He's also well-versed in the process of bringing custom content into your story, which is useful to the group of users whom wishes to do this.

I can vouch my seniority "for him".

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2012, 06:06 PM by Acies.)
09-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

I agree with Traggey and Acies.

Before release of Amnesia, I was the only moderator here since Dark hasn't been around for years. There was pretty much no problems and even if there were, just a simple warning usually put people back in order since they had some common sense of what's acceptable and what is not.
There were only few flame wars and those were mostly in threads where WindexGlow was included since he didn't seemingly like anyone. He's not regular user anymore but after the release of Amnesia and it's success, there's million others who are hundred times worse and make these boards look like childish playground like 4chan where obviously no rules apply.

As Traggey might look cocky, he's just doing what he feels correct and responsible. At least he's mature unlike many of the users here with this complete nonsense.
Why you think police exists? Think what will happen if they didn't... Seems fun, right? Wrong.
They don't do stuff because they are evil or cocky (well yeah, some might do), they do it to maintain peace and order. Oh yeah, have you ever seen a family where the rulers of a household are the children and parents have lost the control over them? Do I need to make more examples...

Besides, lately I've started to notice the same with these boards than Traggey, and even though I find some of the posts funny, to a some point, it's now getting out of hand and we must slowly take actions.
Just look at the threads from a past month or two. All of them are full of same people jumping on each others noses with this same crap. I know you do it because you're all friends here, but new comers find it unfriendly and some might even be completely new to the whole internet and forum world and then all of sudden million monkeys jump on their first thread shouting and messing around without a leash.

If you want to keep doing this childlike messing around, please, use the Random Stuff thread or find another place to mess in.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2012, 06:39 PM by Yuhaney.)
09-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Website Find
Theforgot3n1 Offline

Threads: 20

(09-04-2012, 01:36 AM)lilith Wrote: Hello everybody.; )

Im gonna make the best custom story ever.
Im scripting and making the levels. I have a lot of experience with that editor and i think that i can do nearly everything. I can also make the music if needed and record some voices.

What Can I show You now?
Short Story with one map.
You can download it from here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5jn71p

Screens

[Image: 44933044.png]

[Image: 70133083.png]

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7778/12129126.png

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8637/22153526.png

Plot of the story:
So, one day there were four friends. This was your birthday party. You were going crazy, drinking a lot of beer. Maybe too much..

That custom story is named "Bad Friends" -link to thread about that custom story - http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-18179.html
You can play that short [about 30 min game] custom story to see what I can and decide to join in.

What am I looking for?
What i mostly need are betatesters - People who will tell me which moments are boring, what I should add and so on.
Next part of people - actors - all you have to do is record some speaches
Also it would be great if the willing people helped me with the story and finding out new unique ideas.

How can I help?
You can give us some advices, make the level, record something... Any help is useful Wink
You are all welcome Big Grin

GUYS, LETS MAKE THE BEST CUSTOM STORY! WE JUST NEED TO WORK TOGETHER ;]

What exactly are We going to do?
My dream is to make the great custom story - fulfilled with jumpscares, funny moments unforgettable atmosphere and so on.
It should be consisted of many levels.
I'd like to add there many new entities [including monsters], sounds..

I think that's enough informations. ; ) If you got questions please write there or on PM.

Please All interested people to answer here ; )
Thanks.

PS. I'm still looking for the people. If I won't need them I'll edit that first post.
To help bring this thread into order, I will, based on the pictures, just hand some tips/opinions on map making for you. So let's begin!

1: First and foremost is one big improvement to your primitives. A huge amount of custom stories either forget or are unfortunately unaware of how important it is to change Tile Amount in the Plane tab. A value approximating around 0.4 on X and Z, is super simple, yet so helpful (just take a glance at the original for help on values). I mean, in such old buildings, would the wooden planks and stone floors be that small? Even a popular custom story like Abduction didn't utilize this, so do it!

2: This is more of an opinion, what looks good/makes sense to me. I dislike long corridors (the first picture). They make no sense: who would create that small corridors with that many torches? Even if the one responsible for the place would issue such an order, the way you've made yours, it still looks awfully bland. Nothing is standing out, as holes or different sort of walls. The place is in need of randomness!

3: Regarding the second picture, I have some stuff to say as well.
For some reason, I tend to find many mappers design their rooms to have these huge, perfectly squared with low ceiling, spaces, that sometimes even are half-empty. My description kind of speaks the issue for itself. You have to make more compelling, unpredictable and interesting rooms.
Use your imagination: welders protruding from the floor, Walls emerging from the sides, creating almost two rooms instead, hopefully including, the seldom used wooden thresholds and very horror-inducing stairs (separating two sections/rooms without the door), decals that nuance the rooms, etc! These rooms should by default also be filled with things, because, who makes scary, nasty rooms just for decorating?

4: The last picture that is viewed as a link is what you should be going for. It is not too huge and has things. On the other hand, you don't really post an overview of the room, so I could be announcing it a good example prematurely. I have the feeling that prison door you're peeking from might feel out of order, or?
Anyway. The only problem with that room, one I forgot to mention in my suggestion actually, is the lack of a window. I don't know the history of that room at all, so I guess it could be far underground, but windows in castle-bedrooms feels highly necessary and would lighten it up to be more atmospheric. Windows in the other pictures I've written about would be great for them as well; especially when you have such a huge template for dungeon-based maps!

Alright, since I'm a busy/lazy man, I can't play the map. Assuming the other generic stuff, for example, voice actors, custom sounds, grammar, etc, is in order. I think I'll just post this and wish you good luck. :-)

Confusion: a Custom Story - Ch1 for play!
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-15477.html
About 50% built.
Delayed for now though!
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2012, 07:39 PM by Theforgot3n1.)
09-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Website Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

(09-07-2012, 06:30 PM)Scraper Wrote: Why you think police exists? Think what will happen if they didn't... Seems fun, right? Wrong.

That's a terrible comparison - comparing an internet forum moderator to an actual police man/woman. They actually go out in the real world and go on site while internet forum moderators merely log onto a computer and play god.

Anyway police officers (and forum moderators) are known to abuse the powers given to them.

Regarding the seniority matter: I am not fit [and don't want to be a] forum moderator but I find it funny how Traggey only registered in February got the position so fast (I registered in December 2011). There are plenty of other users on the forum who would be more deserving than Traggey - I really doubt that the decision to make him a moderator was a decision that was carefully planned out.

On top of all that [sarcasm]if you dare question the almighty and powerful moderators[/sarcasm] you get the thread locked. [Image: dot_hotlockfolder.gif]

09-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(09-07-2012, 05:43 PM)Traggey Wrote: I have never in any way claimed that I am any more important to these forums than you are and I don't believe I am either.

A certain group of people have as of late been derailing threads as if there was no tomorrow and I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but that's actually a bannade offence.

This is indeed a forum, in which threads are created, to discuss certain topics, and I see nowhere in the title of this post nor in the opening post that sharing images of monkeys was any part of this thread. It's been happening all over the last few weeks and it needs to stop.
Sorry, but can we post ridiculous stuff on comedy threads?
09-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Find
lilith Offline

Threads: 2

...It's hartd to comment.
Only one quite normal person whas written something about the game. Moreover you critics it only looking on screens. You guys don't play that story and write it's stupid.

YES, SENDING FUCKING MONKEYS IS SO CLEVER.. AND YOU FEEL GREAT WITH IT? IDIOT.

I'LL TELL YOU SOMETHING ASSHOLES. YOU ARE SOOOOOO DUMB. I'll quote somebody. YOU ARE ALL SINGING ALL DANCING CRAP OF THE WORLD. You didn't deserve for my help neither my works. I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR EMPTY WORDS YOU CAN PUT THEM IN TO YOUR ASSES STUPID FAGOTS.

Just close it. That people who behave like animals shouldn't be on that forum.
09-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(09-07-2012, 09:18 PM)lilith Wrote: ...It's hartd to comment.
Only one quite normal person whas written something about the game. Moreover you critics it only looking on screens. You guys don't play that story and write it's stupid.

I'LL TELL YOU SOMETHING ASSHOLES. YOU ARE SOOOOOO DUMB. I'll quote somebody. YOU ARE ALL SINGING ALL DANCING CRAP OF THE WORLD. You didn't deserve for my help neither my works. I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR EMPTY WORDS YOU CAN PUT THEM IN TO YOUR ASSES STUPID FAGOTS.

I know that feel. Since this is escalating beyond control, I'd better let the people who know better about this deal with it.

On-Topic, looking at the screenshots, there are some problems that need a little fixing. I'll play the CS soon, I've been busy lately. I'm also working on a CS, but it is unofficial (there's another one which is).

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2012, 09:22 PM by Robby.)
09-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(09-07-2012, 09:18 PM)lilith Wrote: ...It's hartd to comment.

It is only because of the respect I hold towards Traggey that keeps me from posting another monkey photo. Did you even release a story for download? Cause even if you did, few people are going to download something that they can spot obvious flaws in from mere pictures. Secondly; Fagot? Like as in a lumpy old woman?
09-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Find