Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[ART] Kreekakon's Art Thread: NEW BRUTE DRAWING (6/14)
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
[ART] Kreekakon's Art Thread: NEW BRUTE DRAWING (6/14)

Hey there all. For anyone who's been following me, lately I've been posting some of my old work over in the Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia thread. I figured now however since I have so many pieces to post, opening my own art thread would be a much better way to share my work, and give it more exposure.

Sorry Statyk, it's going to fall upon you, and the other guys to keep that other thread alive which I think you are all more than capable of doing *salutes*

So here we go! Just two for starters, and a special extra.

Dog

Spoiler below!
[Image: dogt.png]

Random and Simple Sculptures

Spoiler below!

[Image: rockssmall.png]

And now for that special mention. To tell the truth, everything I've posted here thus far is over a year old. However this next one will be the first drawing I have drawn in over a year. It's not finished yet, but here's the WIP of the drawing after finishing phase two of the shading. You should all find it very familiar.

Grunt - WIP
Full size: http://www.fileize.com/files/9fe886f2/2a...phase1.png
Spoiler below!
[Image: gruntpower.png]

Soooooo...yeah that's pretty much it for now. If we're lucky, the finished Grunt piece should be up in a few hours.

Also, I'll say this before hand although it hasn't really started yet: I will now start taking requests for anything someone wants me to draw. Of course you all have to wait I'm done with the Grunt at least!

A couple things to keep in mind though:
1. I do not have the skill to draw in this form (Pencil, color pencil, etc.) without reference. If you want to make a request, bundle it with something for me to use as a reference.
2. Specify if you want it to be done with color pencils, or normal pencil.

Here's my DeviantArt if anyone's interested: http://kreekakon.deviantart.com/

Cheers everyone! Smile

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2013, 08:53 AM by Kreekakon.)
09-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: [ART] Kreekakon's Art Thread

Nice to see how reminiscing about your old works got you drawing again Smile
Secretary Bird #2 was really cool!

Good luck 'n' keep on drawing!

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

09-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Now that's really cool. Surely it takes a lot of time to do something like that.

The grunt drawing is almost an "exact" copy of the grunt in-game, which is awesome.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Website Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

Love the dog drawing! you've got talent whit color pencils my good boy!

EDIT: Have you ever considered Deviantart? its a better place to post art works than on a forum Wink
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2012, 12:42 PM by Danny Boy.)
09-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(09-07-2012, 12:31 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: The grunt drawing is almost an "exact" copy of the grunt in-game, which is awesome.
Actually it IS an exact copy, since I got my reference picture from there. I don't entirely consider that a great thing though. What I feel is one of the greatest shames in my skill level is that I can't seem to move past needing references when drawing things with complicated lighting, and shapes.
(09-07-2012, 12:41 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: EDIT: Have you ever considered Deviantart? its a better place to post art works than on a forum
I actually do have DA account. I have no idea why I never posted any of this stuff up there though. Might do it now ;)

EDIT: Bad news. I currently cannot find my "pencil-style" eraser. Without it I can't apply the more delicate details in a drawing. So, there's a good chance the grunt won't be finished today.

Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2012, 01:50 PM by Kreekakon.)
09-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Very good!

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
09-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Nice, man, nice.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Thanks guys! Now, I found my supplies so I was able to finish up that Grunt piece. I'd highly recommend using the full size link as it looks much better.

Grunt

Full size: http://www.fileize.com/files/899e85ad/3e3/gruntfin.png
Spoiler below!
[Image: smallfingrunt.png]

Turns out a year of absence hasn't affected my skills as much as I thought. Although it seems that a good bit of awesome contrast I had going seems to have been lost in the scan. The picture looks way WAY better lying on my desk right now.

Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2012, 04:19 PM by Kreekakon.)
09-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12

Very impressive!
Keep up the good work! Smile

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
09-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(09-07-2012, 01:05 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(09-07-2012, 12:31 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: The grunt drawing is almost an "exact" copy of the grunt in-game, which is awesome.
Actually it IS an exact copy, since I got my reference picture from there.
The reason I said "almost" is because the colors are missing. If the colors would've been there, it would've been "exact perfection".

If there are colors, then don't blame me. I can't see too well today.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Website Find