Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do i make jumpscares?? Please check my script...
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37
RE: How do i make jumpscares?? Please check my script...

This thing with making custom stories dedicated to PewDiePie has gone way overboard. Sure, he is hilarious when he is playing Amnesia, but who are you kidding, he's not going to play yours just because it involves his name. He plays it if it's good and a lot of people requests him to do it.

And on the other hand, watching PewDie while he tries to complete puzzles in a really scary atmosphere is very amusing too. Especially when the creator knows where to put the right scares. It makes him scream like a girl.

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
09-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Find
danimora2012 Offline

Threads: 18

(09-18-2012, 06:10 PM)Wapez Wrote: This thing with making custom stories dedicated to PewDiePie has gone way overboard. Sure, he is hilarious when he is playing Amnesia, but who are you kidding, he's not going to play yours just because it involves his name. He plays it if it's good and a lot of people requests him to do it.

And on the other hand, watching PewDie while he tries to complete puzzles in a really scary atmosphere is very amusing too. Especially when the creator knows where to put the right scares. It makes him scream like a girl.
Then IM THE RIGHT PERSON... im sure of it.. thank you for the reply sir
09-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(09-19-2012, 10:01 PM)danimora2012 Wrote:
(09-18-2012, 06:10 PM)Wapez Wrote: This thing with making custom stories dedicated to PewDiePie has gone way overboard. Sure, he is hilarious when he is playing Amnesia, but who are you kidding, he's not going to play yours just because it involves his name. He plays it if it's good and a lot of people requests him to do it.

Then IM THE RIGHT PERSON... im sure of it.. thank you for the reply sir
Everyone thinks they're special, or better at something than others, but that is rarely true. This can be proven by observing your skill; you've probably never made a custom story before, so I seriously doubt this will be even remotely good.
09-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

Spoiler below!
(09-20-2012, 11:02 AM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(09-19-2012, 10:01 PM)danimora2012 Wrote: Then IM THE RIGHT PERSON... im sure of it.. thank you for the reply sir
Everyone thinks they're special, or better at something than others, but that is rarely true. This can be proven by observing your skill; you've probably never made a custom story before, so I seriously doubt this will be even remotely good.

Frictional Games Forums™. Keeping your dreams and ambitions in check since 2007!

I'm not one to use care about these sort of things, but danimora, I'd advise against releasing anything until you've had a lot more experience with the HPL2 engine. It's apparent from your steadily increasing number of help threads that you're very new, so welcome to the club!

I know you're eager to release something, but take it slow. This forum is overcrowded with tons of "first time modders" custom stories, and I think I speak for a majority of members when I say that they're not really appreciated.

If you want to become a serious modder and produce quality work, I'd heavily suggest not releasing this first mod of yours; instead, simply look back on it and see what you could have done better, then keep pushing forward and making improvements. Studying the original campaign's maps is also very helpful. As time goes on you will gain more experience and eventually have the knowledge and ability to create maps that rival the original game; that is the time to publish your custom story and get your work out there.

You can completely blow this wall of text off, and that would be fine, but these are just my thoughts about how everyone should approach modding; I'm sure quite a few "veteran" members would agree with me on this as well. Everyone has the capability to be an excellent modder, just take your time and try to improve yourself.

Good luck!

I rate it 3 memes.
09-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Find