Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Let's clear the air?
PewDiePie Offline

Threads: 1
Let's clear the air?

Hey!

So... for a while now theres been a lot of negativity along with my name around these forums.
I totally get the reasons why and with A Machine for Pigs coming along I was hoping we could keep a dialogue in so that history would not to repeat it self and this community will be at it's best again.

Things that I've noted people say:

I only play shitty jumpscare maps.
I'm just not interested in these sort of maps anymore. I havn't played one for some time now and I'm not planning to play them in the future either. They were fun for a while but I gets old and I understand why theres a huge dislike for them. As big as my channel is now I wan't to promote good custom stories that deserves attention from now on.

My fans ruin...
I get that it's annoying hearing my ref from fans on the trailer of AMFP or other Amnesia related content.
I also get that it's annoying that my fans say things like: "you copy pewdiepie" just from you making Amnesia videos.
I guess I can only say.. I'm sorry, I really can't control what other people say, especially since theres so many fans now. I've been nagging constantly to stop spouting this copying nonsense. Just don't hate me for what my fans say or do. o.o

I've been rude to custom story creators.
It's true, I've been disrespectfull or rather nonchalant to some peoples creations. My intentions are never to offend anyone, I've appologized to the ones that were and hope I will control my mouth better in the future.
Honestly it's all jokes to me and I'm sorry if people take it seriously, I could never create a custom story of my own anyway.

I think the rest lies in taste
You don't have to enjoy my videos, it's totally fine with me. I don't think my videos are for hardcore horror fans (which I guess most of you are). But the truth is, I love horror games.
It's been an unknown genre of gaming for me until about 2 years ago, but now I can't get enough of it. I hope with my videos I can get more people into horror games and make it more popular again.
Not all horror content that this may be brought up will perhaps be in your favour, but at the very least it shouldn't hinder any creations that you love.

That all for now, thank you for reading. Let me know if there's something that bothers related to what I've said and I'll try to take it in. Let's make this community better again!

(Edit: Grammar mistakes)
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2012, 09:15 PM by PewDiePie.)
09-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: Lets clear the air?

I don't say I hate you, but I don't like you either.

Compare your old videos to your newer ones. THere's a gigantic difference.

And your fanbase is also going to hell. Spamming others just because they copied you...

And so much more...

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Website Find
PewDiePie Offline

(09-20-2012, 08:11 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Compare your old videos to your newer ones. THere's a gigantic difference.

You're right, I was kind of shy when I started of, Amnesia was my first LP after all.
After hundreds of hours in a game things does change.
Some people dislike the difference, most people don't.
09-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

That's enough. I liked your older videos. You were much more serious there. But the newer ones... seems like a disappointment to me.

I still watch every now and then, but I was spammed by a couple of your fans for copying you. And if I negate that, they get mad and call me an *ss.

That's the part I don't like from you. The rest are neutral.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2012, 08:15 PM by Robby.)
09-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Website Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

you want my respect, then stop treating hardcore gaming like its a Joke. it isnt. leave the Jokes for call of duty and other casual consolised titles, because, basically, they are a joke.

just at least have the civility to give the developers who took the time to make a proper game the respect there time, effort and Gutsiness actually deserves. i dont respect people who make hardcore gaming look like a joke. there are enough casual gamer focussed troll review sites like gamertv, machinima, Ignorant Gamers Network, etc, doing that already without anyone else joining them.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2012, 08:19 PM by the dark side.)
09-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Find
PewDiePie Offline

(09-20-2012, 08:15 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: That's enough. I liked your older videos. You were much more serious there. But the newer ones... seems like a disappointment to me.

I still watch every now and then, but I was spammed by a couple of your fans for copying you. And if I negate that, they get mad and call me an *ss.

That's the part I don't like from you. The rest are neutral.
Hey, I get that it's totally fine. I wish people didn't see it that way, but not much I can do about it.

Again:
Pewdiepie Wrote:I'm sorry, I really can't control what other people say, especially since theres so many fans now.
09-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

That's not really good. But why do they do that anyway?!

But other than that, your videos are sometimes enjoyable (especially ones with scares you never expected). The older videos are even better.

09-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Website Find
PewDiePie Offline

(09-20-2012, 08:16 PM)the dark side Wrote: you want my respect, then stop treating hardcore PC gaming like its a Joke. it isnt. leave the Jokes for call of duty and other casual consolised titles, because, basically, they are a joke.

just at least have the civility to give the developers who took the time to make a proper game the respect there time, effort and Gutsiness actually deserves. i dont respect people who make gaming look like a joke. there are enough casual gamer focussed troll review sites like gamertv, machinima, Ignorant Gamers Network, etc, doing that already without anyone else joining them.
Pretty sure I won't match those requirements. Our opinions are different, just how it is.
09-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

I appreciate you posting this.

Your videos just aren't to my taste. This isn't anybody's fault. However, you're doing what you want to do and you have a massive fanbase. This is awesome, and that's great for you!

Your fanbase is off-putting. However, don't worry too much about it. You'll find idiots in just about any fanbase, and those outspoken people tend to ruin the whole thing. Rotten apple spoils the bunch, y'know?

What you've done has netted you massive success. You're doing what you like doing (I assume) and you're making a living off of it (also an assumption). What more could someone ask for in life?

In the end, I wish you the best of luck.

09-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(09-20-2012, 08:20 PM)PewDiePie Wrote: Our opinions are different, just how it is.
Yup.

I don't really hate you for that, but many others do. The fanbase is the biggest problem. But other than that, the rest are fine (reduce the play-acting a little, it's getting a bit old).

09-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Website Find