Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Epic Subtitle Fail
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Epic Subtitle Fail

(09-22-2012, 05:13 AM)Jdog8998 Wrote: Something tells me hes too young to even be playing games like this, let alone communicate with the people who made it to begin with.
Considering the fact that he was able to catch that I'd assume he's old enough to be playing it.

Age =/= maturity.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2012, 05:25 AM by Kman.)
09-22-2012, 05:25 AM
Website Find
Jdog8998 Offline

Threads: 2

(09-22-2012, 05:25 AM)Kman Wrote:
(09-22-2012, 05:13 AM)Jdog8998 Wrote: Something tells me hes too young to even be playing games like this, let alone communicate with the people who made it to begin with.
Considering the fact that he was able to catch that I'd assume he's old enough to be playing it.

Age =/= maturity.
I was talking about his attitude.
09-22-2012, 05:30 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(09-22-2012, 02:48 AM)Kman Wrote:
(09-22-2012, 12:52 AM)TheGathered Wrote:
(09-21-2012, 01:13 PM)jens Wrote: http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3r0do2/
Ok then
ownt

In all seriousness though, if you expect a dev team that's first language isn't even English to release an entire game that is full of text and dialogue without making a single grammar error then you have retardedly high standards. I didn't even notice it playing through, and even if I did it wouldn't have hurt my experience, I would have just chuckled a bit and played on.
^

This. I never noticed that kind of thing while I was playing. Seriously, who cares for subtitles when you actually hear somebody saying the same thing?

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-22-2012, 08:01 AM
Website Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(09-21-2012, 04:55 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(09-21-2012, 04:32 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:
I love you jens
No homo, please.
Do you have something against gays? It's okay you can tell us
09-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(09-22-2012, 07:14 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:
(09-21-2012, 04:55 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(09-21-2012, 04:32 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:
I love you jens
No homo, please.
Do you have something against gays? It's okay you can tell us
I was just fooling around there. You know those comments where they say "I love you (no homo)"? Well, you forgot that part out, so I decided to add it. To make sure confusion is a pathetic minimum.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Website Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: Do you have something against gays? It's okay you can tell us
Spoiler below!
[Image: ackbar.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

@Robosprog: Usually, many early teenagers and preteens are discriminated against because the majority of them are not mature. For instance, look at many of the people who visit YouTube regularly. Judging by the flame wars, comments, and refusal to type properly, you can usually tell that there are children there.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
09-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

@Robosprog: You're right; I'm sorry for stereotyping. As stated earlier in the thread, age doesn't determine maturity.

[Image: OEs88.png]

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
09-23-2012, 12:40 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

Younger people are generally less mature than older people, but there are always exceptions, just like everything else. Teenagers aren't done physically/mentally maturing at their age, and that is a fact. Zaffre is correct in saying age doesn't determine maturity, but it is a good indicator.

Most of the younger members of this forum are well-behaved, but there are a handful who spam threads with nonsense.

On a side note: Who actually cares about stereotypes? Nowadays it seems everyone's made of eggshells and will instantly break the second you look at them weird. I don't see any issues with stereotypes; it's not like any of these preconceptions matter when the person being stereotyped against knows they don't adhere to it. Whens the last time a stereotype completely ruined someone's life?

I rate it 3 memes.
09-23-2012, 01:01 AM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

As much as people claim that stereotyping is bad, there's full reason for it to exist. It's usually true in most scenarios. There are always exceptions, however.

Teenagers/Pre-teens are immature morons
I'm sure we've all met a massive amount of these kind of people. There is full reason for the stereotype to exist. Easily 90% of the teens/preteens I've ever met are just like this. "LOL YOLOSWAG" kind of people.

Guys are jerks
Oh boy. Bet you've never seen this one before. And really, would you disagree? Most men in the world are total asshats.

Women are bitches
Same crap, different pile, really. Also true in the most part. Most women suck and just cause a lot of problems.

Black people are criminals and bad people in general
Now, to a sane person, that sounds absurd when generalized. However, I went to a pretty ghetto high school. There was maybe one or two black people who weren't "Niggas". By "Nigga" of course, I refer to the stereotypical black person(Be it male or female). Hell, these guys and girls got into fights every day while smoking pot and stealing from the local convenience store. Two guys were even shot during my three years there. I was also almost mugged a few times by "Niggas". Doesn't really allow me to negate their stereotype.

Natives (Native American/Canadian in this case) are always drunk and causing fights

I know only one native person that isn't like this. And I live in Canada. We have a lot of them. Every time I see them, they're either staggering down the street at 10 in the morning, smoking crack under a bridge, or getting into fights with other people.

Americans are fat, stupid slobs
Of course there are going to be exceptions to this one. I know plenty of Americans who are fine and dandy people. However, on a trip there, I saw an almost painful number of overweight people. Honestly, went into a supermarket and there was maybe ten people that weren't walking mounds of blubber.
We tried talking to some of these people. Not the smartest of people, let me tell you. Maybe they were actually intelligent, but their slurring of speech and consistent cursing comes across as barbaric. Not hating on America here, just reiterating experience.

I could go on, but I'll end it here.

My main point of this entire post is that most stereotypes exist because a majority of the targeted group falls under that particular stereotype. I have no problem with people stereotyping as long as they precede their statement with "Most ____ do _____"

I'm rereading my post. I get the impression that I've had this rant saved up a while. Ah well.

09-23-2012, 01:09 AM
Find