Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[Spoilers] Don't like
doomdoom Offline

Threads: 7
[Spoilers] Don't like

Hello, i like to say that the work was good but i have to say that Penumbra finished being like all Survival horror games... Some evil or strange form-life attacking you everytime, the unique difference is that you cannot kill them. I also don't understand the finish... And i was surprised in the part of Infirmary, when you put your hand the machine said that you are not human?...

Clarence wasn't scary enough... was very funny, and there weren't different kind of monsters... I think that Penumbra Black Plague had to be greater than Overture but... I prefer Overture... from the intro song (sounds diabolic and strange, desperating... Black Plague's songs intro sounds like Max Payne's song -.-) to the environment or that you are "alone" all the time... you don't see any dead body or something like that.

The Finish: When we got out the room, the Greys kill one Grey... is that you or Clarence in his new body? After that you travelled to Tuurngait's mind i suppose and it gave you some lessons about life?... The Tuurngait said "How-Ard" because Phillip's father sacrifice himself like the 3rd test, right?.

Well thank you.

PS: Will you create new games like Penumbra? Perhaps... Penumbra 2 wouldn't be bad idea Tongue, it would be like Half-Life and Half-Life 2. The main idea could be the person who recibes the e-mail.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2008, 09:37 PM by RiptoR.)
03-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Find
Schwarze Pest Offline

Threads: 6
RE: [Spoilers] Don't like

Quote:you don't see any dead body or something like that.

Are you blind? There are dead bodies, not much but there are!

<3 Horror Adventures
03-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

Schwarze Pest Wrote:
Quote:you don't see any dead body or something like that.

Are you blind? There are dead bodies, not much but there are!
I think he referred to dead humans in Overture. As far as I know, there really are none. None that can still be recognised as humans at least.

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
03-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Find
Schwarze Pest Offline

So what is with the dead human at that room with the big worm where you get the hand or the dead human against that wall at the floors who are leading to the medical lab etc. They looked like humans to me.

<3 Horror Adventures
03-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

Schwarze Pest Wrote:So what is with the dead human at that room with the big worm where you get the hand or the dead human against that wall at the floors who are leading to the medical lab etc. They looked like humans to me.
Indeed they did, but none of them were in Overture, as doomdoom said.

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
03-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Find
Schwarze Pest Offline

We are in: Frictional Games Forum / Penumbra: Black Plague / General Discussion

So i guess we talk here about Black Plague not Overture. So i guess he means that he is missing dead bodies in Black Plague. But i get it know, sorry ^^

He likes Overture better, because no dead bodies can be found in Overture, ok alright ^^

<3 Horror Adventures
03-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Find
Klarden Offline

Threads: 3

Well, i could agree to the fact, that bringing up the gory stuff like dead bodies and i'd add the whole "no-it's-not-a-silent-hill-rip-off" nightmare scene was a strange decision. I mean, it did change the atmosphere of the game - we were alone (in the dark, eh?Smile) with all the strange dogs and spiders, constantly crawling with fear of something waiting behind the corner and the only sign of life was a crazy but friendly voice from the radio in Overture. We didn't even get to see any person (i don't think a frozen hand would count). And i don't care if it was a technical limitation or an intended thing, because it worked. It did bring the only thing in your mind - not "fear", but "desperation". And Black Plague, which i liked anyway btw, was more like Resident Evil 2 to Silent Hill 2 - less suspense, more adrenaline.
P.S. I'm sorry for this post full of bitter, but i just feel a bit sad after seeing the screens from Silent Hill V, which may suffer from the same things, when it's done (and i was a big fan of the series).
03-03-2008, 01:59 AM
Website Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

both games have their ups and downs

Overture seemed a bit more creepy/morbid, maybe depressing in the sense that you are alone, everything is new and you have killer dogs, spiders and worms after you

Black Plague was nice without the fighting; a little more of a scare

Overture had a better crazy guy; maybe he's just the original and I prefer original over anything else.

Black Plague had some nice music (overture is great too, but the intro to black plague is just perfect!)

overture, no bosses (didn't care for bosses in Black Plague).

Overall, they had some good strong points, and some weaknesses.
03-03-2008, 03:54 AM
Find