Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Graphics and physics engines, wich offer what i want?
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Graphics and physics engines, wich offer what i want?

1 million, CE3 just got shot dead in the head then, thats far too much. i dont want to spend anything more than $500,000 on graphics or its gonna cripple the campaign.

yes, maybe UDK will have the budget connections, but, Does it have trilinear AA, 60FPS stable support, HDR lighting, Fully destructable environment, full body awareness, first person vehicle support, and the classic gameplay by Default, if i cant access the source code, it had better do everything i want as default, and i am sorry, i have only seen about three of those things from UR3 and UDk engined games.

i cannot inform you of the developers who are interested due to legal reasons, i have already stated that.

you can think what you want, i hounestly dont care. you dont like my posts and think im trolling, fine, up to you dont read my thread. its as simple as that. just dont come in here waving an accusing finger. i culd ask if you are trolling me by accusing me of trolling!
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2012, 10:33 PM by the dark side.)
10-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

(10-04-2012, 10:28 PM)the dark side Wrote: 1 million, CE3 just got shot dead in the head then, thats far too much. i dont want to spend anything more than $500,000 on graphics or its gonna cripple the campaign.

yes, maybe UDK will have the budget connections, but, Does it have trilinear AA, 60FPS stable support, HDR lighting, Fully destructable environment, full body awareness, first person vehicle support, and the classic gameplay by Default, if i cant access the source code, it had better do everything i want as default, and i am sorry, i have only seen about three of those things from UR3 and UDk engined games.

i cannot inform you of the developers who are interested due to legal reasons, i have already stated that.

you can think what you want, i hounestly dont care. you dont like my posts and think im trolling, fine, up to you dont read my thread. its as simple as that. just dont come in here waving an accusing finger. i culd ask if you are trolling me by accusing me of trolling!
Why wouldn't UE3 have AA, 60fps, HDR etc ?

And not accessing the source code doesn't mean that you are limited to how unreal engine is from the start, you can script in full body awareness, first person vehicles etc etc.
10-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

You can do anything in UDK that you can do in other engines.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
10-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Just a heads up, the dark side - this is Unreal engine 3. If you still say that looks out of date, then you must really be trolling.
Quote:full body awareness, first person vehicle support, and the classic gameplay by Default, if i cant access the source code, it had better do everything i want as default
No engine will do everything you want in your game as default. If it did, nobody would need programmers in their dev team anymore. -.- And you don't need access to source code to implement features like that.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012, 11:19 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
10-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Find
the dark side Offline

@hirnwirbel. WOW! thats ur3? my god, theyve given it a real makeover! that looks better than CE3 and FB2 Combined!

i think i can see now why people have mistaken my dislike for the engine in the past as trolling!

The truth is, ive had some pretty bad experience with UR engined games, frame grind outs, No AA, texture pop up, etc. but now i realise that the problem is via incompetant developers and is not inherant to the engine. i have been a complete Moron havent I?

wow. that fixes it then, i am Definatly going to go for the latest build of UDK. it gives me the graphical fidelity i will need to shift a tonne of copies on PC, its easy to work with according to a couple of my interested parties who have experience with the engine, plus, it comes in below budget, way below budget. this means i should have enough money left in the graphical kitty to bring forward my planned in house "DEMON" technology for Dismemberment, blood ,and gore rendering, and AI hit reactions, from game 2, so i can have it in direct from the start, were as a more expensive engine, would have limited me to the elderly GHOUL system.

its good to see all what i want can be scripted in without the source code, as getting that code would go over the maximum graphical budget i am willing to allow, no more than 15% of the total budget as any more would damge the campaign.

PS. is it ok if i put you on my buddies list hirnwirbel? youve been the most supportive user on here for the project so far Smile

@All. I must really thank you all for showing me what a total, utter Moronic Troll i have been to ignore,and worse, diss, UDK because of bad past experience, wich i now realise is probably down to inept developers more than anything else. i really am glad you have opened my eyes to the engine in its latest form. it offers more than the graphical fidelity i was looking for, and its cheap. although i personally am not fussed with graphics, i mean, i still play wolfenstein 3d from time to time (this morning in fact), i also know PC games sell on the Graphics, so i want the best, and well, if that vid Hirnwirbel posted is anything to go by, i think UDK has just become the best.

Thanks a Million guys! i owe you.

never thaught id say this, ive CONFIRMED my engine, its U.D.K.

@arvuti, sorry for being an Ars** little Sh*t to you. to answer your question, its just ive played some games were the dev has not done very well with the engine, and its had reall issues with frame rate drops and jaggies, sadly, i assumed, inccorectly as always, it was the engine, i see now it was the devs at fault. my bad!

"I would be interested to know who would take up an idea made by some unknown person who apparently (according to your profile) has a mental age of 11" a bit rudely put, but an understandable question, i didnt have time to answer it last time. as i have said, due to legal reasons regarding copyrights, i cannot say what devs are looking, i will admit the fact i am unknown in the world of gaming might be a cause of part of the reticence shown by publishers. the devs are interested as unlike most ideas they get wich boil down to "hey, make Blood 3!" (thats a genuine one they got!), mine offers a full storyline, charachters, plotline, prototype level maps, concept art, Etc already, wich saves them a lot of time and money in the pre development stage. my lack of maturity and low mental age has actually helped here as well, as it not only means i am graced with a powerfull imagination, i dont care a jot for "hyper realism" (it bores me), wich means my plotlines are far more creative than what you would get from a more "mature" person. you must admit, there is an awfull lot of "americans fight communism in world war 3" out there because the writers are 1. scared to take risks in case they anger the mainstream "mid west 12-15" market, and 2, dont have much imagination and tend to just copy what is a popular shtick at the time.

me. i write what i want, i dont care for "realism", if i want a secret organiseation in the vein of connery era bond, i'll have one. and i am not afraid to take risks, if i want to potray the americans as minor leaque antagonists who appear only in one chapter, i will, and if that gets me flamed by angry 12 year olds in the mid-west, well, thats what happens, its not my fault they failed to get the point of "Fiction". Besides, they arent my target market, so, i dont care what they think as the franchise isnt aimed at them. Personally, i think that taking risks is important in fiction, you cant tell a good story without angering at least 1 demographic, if you try to please everyone, you just get the usual basic, flavourless "americans fight communism" mush of more "mature" (yeah? why all the needless eff bombs? thats what 12 year olds do in a playground fight, not 40 year old grown ups!) game writers. no thank you.

and its the fact i have a story that is completely different to what is in pretty much every other mainstream grey and brown shooter of the current age, that has attracted the developers, because it gives them the chance to make something unique. wich a lot of gamers, especially on PC, are demanding.

@aldigheri, thanks for that, its good to know that with a little work ill be able to get what i want from the engine, and also save the dev team some money at the same time.

again, thanks all! youve really helped me!
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012, 08:57 PM by the dark side.)
10-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Dark side, I gotta just say I appreciate the time and effort you put into all of your posts. You have written enough text on these forums to fill a short novel, and almost all of it meaningful. I don't really care for the subject matter though so I haven't been paying close attention; I just wanted to say that.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012, 09:15 PM by Bridge.)
10-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

its no problem. i very rarely write short posts, as well, i feel i cant get across all i want to say with a short post.

i do try to be hounest and meaningfull at all times, i have something of a serious personality, and i like to think about the world, to try and understand it, as it is a very confusing place for me. all that noise, and illogic and choas.. how do "normal" people cope with it? i cant. i love to try to find out about the Normal world, as it helps me understand the human condition better. it makes it easier for me to cope, plus, as a further positive side effect, i can write more complicated charachters in my fiction.

if you dont mind, why are you not interested in the subject matter? Just curious is all.

thank you for the kind words.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012, 10:17 PM by the dark side.)
10-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(10-05-2012, 10:09 PM)the dark side Wrote: its no problem. i very rarely write short posts, as well, i feel i cant get across all i want to say with a short post.

i do try to be hounest and meaningfull at all times, i have something of a serious personality, and i like to think about the world, to try and understand it, as it is a very confusing place for me. all that noise, and illogic and choas.. how do "normal" people cope with it? i cant. i love to try to find out about the Normal world, as it helps me understand the human condition better. it makes it easier for me to cope, plus, as a further positive side effect, i can wright more complicated charachters in my fiction.

if you dont mind, why are you not interested in the subject matter? Just curious is all.

thank you for the kind words.
It's not that I'm not interested in game engines, I just have no interest in modding at the moment and so I don't really want to read all of the posts in here talking about the pros and cons of different engines. The best engine in my opinion is the one I don't notice.

BTW, there is no such thing as "normal" in our society anymore. Why do you think around a fifth (just a guess) of the human population drinks excessive amounts of alcohol and uses mind-altering drugs? Take the world with a grain of salt and you will be a much happier person, I promise you.

EDIT: But I do share your frustration. I also take life way too seriously and spend a great deal of time thinking and analyzing. Like most thinkers I have a cynical and jaded outlook on life and find it to be confusing and depressing. Ironically though I'm a very happy person (probably because I choose not to get caught up in all of the BS that goes on) and enjoy life immensely. It's a tough subject matter that deserves its own thread if you ask me.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012, 10:25 PM by Bridge.)
10-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Ah right, now me, im not all that interested in games engines either, i mean, i run on a "can i see what i am doing? it will do" philsophy, but i also know that a modern PC game sells primarily on its graphics in todays market, hence why i have come here finding out wich one will best suit my needs of pehnomenal power and abilities, so i can get great sales, and make a franchise out of the project, but also has a budget price so i dont end up crippling the campaign.

that is true, todays society is very strange, perhaps i should have said "neurologically typical", but, i quessed most people would not know what i was on about if it did. . to help, a "neurologically typical person" ios basically a person without an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or Personality Dissafective Disorder Not Otherwise Specified (PDD NOS) or Similar.

i will try to take the world with a pinch of salt, indeed , it is pretty barmy after all. its why i play a lot of videogames, as well, like many aspies, i am happier in a fictional world than i am a real one.. hmm, i wonder if that is why many aspies, myself included, play a lot of world of warcraft and dungeons and dragons and other table top RPG's, it is a true stereotype, i quess its thanks to all the rigid rules and the fantasy world to escape to. i will admit, it helps loads.

Edit, good point on a thread about the strangeness of life, that would be very interesting indeed. ill set that up tommorow, ive only got about 5 mins computer time left at the moment.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012, 10:29 PM by the dark side.)
10-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(10-05-2012, 10:26 PM)Robosprog Wrote: A lot less than that I imagine - We'd need proper studies to determine a fraction.
I guess. But the point is a lot of people turn to drugs and alcohol as an escape. The motive varies but I think it's almost always dissatisfaction or boredom with life. I'm talking about large quantities here of course, not a few beers at a college party.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012, 10:41 PM by Bridge.)
10-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Find