Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Games you look forward to?
bloogleford Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Games you look forward to?

Thi4f..if it ever exists one day.

Ultima forever

Dark Souls DLC

Honestly that's pretty much it, lots of fun stuff on the horizion but those are the two that stick out.

Also on the "casual vs. hardcore" thing:

I find it freaking hilarious when people who have probably been alive about as long as i've been playing games start ranting about some sort of classic gaming and dumbing down. Bioshock is some sort of old school hardcore game, seriously? How )(*&ing old are you? The Ultima series are classic games, Doom is a classic game. )((&ing Bioshock is what, 5 years old, and not a particularly hardcore or difficult experience.

Compared to the previous generation there were many things about Bioshock that were simplified or streamlined, depending on how you look at it. In any case, it is most certainly a 'casual' game and was also developed for console and PC. There are good and bad aspects to where games are heading, and calling everything 'console trash' just makes you look ridiculous, especially when there are some of us who have been playing both console and PC games since time immemorial. It's true that the majority of console games cater to a more casual player, but there are some real gems as well, and it always has been this way.

Some of the pointless/nonsensical elitism in gaming is about as ridiculous as ADHD CoD kids are, just in another direction..seriously if you appreciate games as more than just trashy entertainment you should learn to appreciate them across platform, and be objective about what a game does well and what it does not, instead of just having knee jerk reactions.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2012, 12:41 AM by bloogleford.)
10-02-2012, 12:36 AM
Find
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23

(10-02-2012, 12:36 AM)bloogleford Wrote: Thi4f..if it ever exists one day.
YES YES YES YES! OF COURSE! I forgot about that! Although I heard it will be released after the next console generation.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

10-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Thief 4
Project Eternity
Wasteland 2
Neverwinter
Elderscrolls 6
Fallout 4
Super Mario 102

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
10-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Find
LHudson Offline

Threads: 9

(09-30-2012, 07:10 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(09-29-2012, 05:48 PM)LHudson Wrote: Get the torches and pitchforks guys

-Resident Evil 6
-Halo 4
-Call of Duty Black Ops 2
-Hitman Absolution
Have to ask, are you the LHudson from Machinima/youtube or just like the name?
Yeah I'm that guy

I probably should include Dead Space 3, since I like the Dead Space games in a silly way.

[Image: sigpic401029_1.gif]
10-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Find
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23

(10-02-2012, 10:15 AM)nackidno Wrote: Elderscrolls 6
We have to wait 5+ years for this Sad

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

10-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(10-02-2012, 10:27 AM)BAndrew Wrote:
(10-02-2012, 10:15 AM)nackidno Wrote: Elderscrolls 6
We have to wait 5+ years for this Sad
Yeah, at least it's worth the wait, both Oblivion and Skyrim was. Chances are they are working on their next Fallout title though, which is awesome.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
10-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

- Tomb Raider 2013
- Project C.A.R.S.

- Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends
- Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs

- Next Frictional Game (Top Secret Project)
- Next PiranhaBytes Game
- Lords of the Fallen
- Tower 22
- Shadow of a Soul
- Asylum
- I am alive

- The Story Of Dakara
- Grimind
- Slenderman: The Orphanage
- Fibrillation
- The Shadow of Ancestors
- Montas
- The Five Cores
- Routine
- The Legend (Slender game)

- Dishonored
10-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(10-02-2012, 12:36 AM)bloogleford Wrote: Thi4f..if it ever exists one day.

Ultima forever

Dark Souls DLC

Honestly that's pretty much it, lots of fun stuff on the horizion but those are the two that stick out.

Also on the "casual vs. hardcore" thing:

I find it freaking hilarious when people who have probably been alive about as long as i've been playing games start ranting about some sort of classic gaming and dumbing down. Bioshock is some sort of old school hardcore game, seriously? How )(*&ing old are you? The Ultima series are classic games, Doom is a classic game. )((&ing Bioshock is what, 5 years old, and not a particularly hardcore or difficult experience.

Compared to the previous generation there were many things about Bioshock that were simplified or streamlined, depending on how you look at it. In any case, it is most certainly a 'casual' game and was also developed for console and PC. There are good and bad aspects to where games are heading, and calling everything 'console trash' just makes you look ridiculous, especially when there are some of us who have been playing both console and PC games since time immemorial. It's true that the majority of console games cater to a more casual player, but there are some real gems as well, and it always has been this way.

Some of the pointless/nonsensical elitism in gaming is about as ridiculous as ADHD CoD kids are, just in another direction..seriously if you appreciate games as more than just trashy entertainment you should learn to appreciate them across platform, and be objective about what a game does well and what it does not, instead of just having knee jerk reactions.
I couldn't agree more. To pretty much everything in this post.

10-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Also forgot these

Doom 3: BFG Edition
Metro 2033: Last Light
Dishonored.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2012, 07:07 PM by Robby.)
10-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Website Find
eatbeavers Offline

Threads: 1

Half life 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB_OdxptWxE

A cup of ambition in the morning
10-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Find