Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

seemingly random crash after having mixed the chemicals
Xenofur Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago seemingly random crash after having mixed the chemicals

Kept the title a bit more obscure so it doesn't spoil too much, but lets others find what it's about more easily.

Anyhow, after mixing the chemicals and the crystal and then administering the result, two odd things happen:
- Cutscene with the sub-titles displaying "Finally, finally...", but no accompanying sound.
- After leaving the room and while the door to the next room breaks, the game crashed twice for me, but not on the third try. I'm guessing that there is a bit too much force applied and some of your physics break.

Hope this helps you fix it and for anyone else who has the crash there, just go forwards slowly and try it again if you crash.

(PS: Kick some ass on those gamersgate people, i had to download a 3rd party patch to combine with your hotfix so i could get a playable game. I think on your next game I'll skip on buying it legally and send you the cash by mail instead of giving it to such fraudsters.)
03-04-2008, 01:47 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: seemingly random crash after having mixed the chemicals

Did you contact gamer's gate with your problem? If yes what did they say, if no, why not?
03-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Website Find
Xenofur Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: seemingly random crash after having mixed the chemicals

Sent them an email yesterday, today they responded that the patch is available. Amusingly i did not get any update notification as i had requested on their website.
I also didn't plan to contact them initially, since i know through my own working experience that poking the support staff seldomly makes the IT staff do anything at all.

Didn't contact them about the crash issue, since quite simply, they're overburdened with something as simple as repackaging the game executable with their copy protection and i didn't figure that poking them would do any good at that front. In any case, it was meant as a heads-up for you so you can fix it an up-coming patch for other players.
03-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Find