Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am missing most of the game files. Help?
SweeneyToddIsEpic Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago I am missing most of the game files. Help?

So, I bought Amnesia last Christmas, and finished the main story last week. I played Justine and now I'd like to play some Custom Stories. The problem is that I cannot find the custom stories folder in which custom stories are meant to be placed. I went to the steamapps folder in Program Files, but I could only find the games for my brother's Steam account, and not for mine. The only Amnesia folders I have are the ones in my documents. I repeat: I DO NOT have an Amnesia folder in my Program Files. Is there anywhere else it could be?
10-09-2012, 01:59 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: I am missing most of the game files. Help?

If you have multiple users on the computer, you will have to log onto the user that bought the game. I'm sure Steam installs one user per account.
10-09-2012, 02:11 AM
Find

(10-09-2012, 02:11 AM)Statyk Wrote: If you have multiple users on the computer, you will have to log onto the user that bought the game. I'm sure Steam installs one user per account.
By more than one user, do you mean more than one user of Steam, or more than one user on the actual computer itself. If you mean more than one user of Steam, I am logged in as myself. If you mean more than one user on the computer, I haven't checked that yet, but I think, since the folder is meant to be in the c drive, that the user wouldn't matter.
10-09-2012, 03:04 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

It does matter so if one user wants to install something for JUST that user on the computer, they can keep it private that way. Games usually have this option and this is what I assume is happening.
10-09-2012, 03:11 AM
Find

(10-09-2012, 03:11 AM)Statyk Wrote: It does matter so if one user wants to install something for JUST that user on the computer, they can keep it private that way. Games usually have this option and this is what I assume is happening.
Okay, I have checked the user, and this is not the issue. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and it didn't do anything. I have tried everything I can think of.
10-09-2012, 04:26 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

And you went to "Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\"? It should be labelled as 'amnesia the dark descent'
10-09-2012, 04:36 AM
Find

(10-09-2012, 04:36 AM)Statyk Wrote: And you went to "Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\"? It should be labelled as 'amnesia the dark descent'
Yes, I went there. There are all the folders for the games my brotehr purchased, but not for me. I backed up the files, so now there is an amnesia the dark descent folder, but it's just the back-up and none of the files are there.

Okay, I found it. For some unknown reason, the files are being installed to a folder called 'New Folder' in the 'c' drive, instead of the Steam folder in Program Files
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2012, 05:28 AM by SweeneyToddIsEpic.)
10-09-2012, 04:46 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

That's kind of a strange problem. Perhaps someone moved it as a prank.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2012, 06:02 AM by Statyk.)
10-09-2012, 06:02 AM
Find