Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Kennel Glitch (SPOILERS)
Guest7 Offline

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Kennel Glitch (SPOILERS)

I make it to the Kennels, and down the dark hallway, following the lights, and when I get to the end door, it opens, I go in, and my game stops.
The dead guy (sitting up against the wall) frame, flickers on and off. Then I have to begin the sequence again. No matter how many times I make it to that room and go inside, the game stops.
How can I fix this. Thanks
PS. I have already downloaded the general Update/Patch.
03-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Kennel Glitch (SPOILERS)

I am not exactly sure what happens to you. What do you mean by the game "stops"? Also, what things are you able to do in the Kennel before this happen? Please be as detailed as possible as it will make it easier for us to help.

Judging from what you told me so far, it might be some strange bug with the scripting. A fix might be to restart from a save before you entered the kennel.
03-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Find
Guest7 Offline

When I get to the end of the dark hall way (with sequencing lights), I open the door and go into the room. First the frame with the dead guy flicks on and off, then the game goes to "load", and I have to start all over.
I can do all the things-- go to electrical box room, put crates along holes, go into kennels, hear the growling, see first dead guy fall, hear that voice talk, etc.
Earlier in the game I forgot to get the Iodine, could that be the reason?
I will re-start from a saved game and see how it goes.
03-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Find
Guest7 Offline

Guest7 Wrote:When I get to the end of the dark hall way (with sequencing lights), I open the door and go into the room. First the frame with the dead guy flicks on and off, then the game goes to "load", and I have to start all over.
I can do all the things-- go to electrical box room, put crates along holes, go into kennels, hear the growling, see first dead guy fall, hear that voice talk, etc.
Earlier in the game I forgot to get the Iodine, could that be the reason?
I will re-start from a saved game and see how it goes.

Still Happens.
03-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Find
Skaruts Offline

Threads: 11

I'm confused... the game goes to load?
You mean, the game goes to the 'Loading' screen just like that?

Are you sure you aren't being "eaten" by the... that guy that ended up being a beast?

Because: the only thing I can remember doing in that room was get the keycard and get the hell outta there.
I don't believe in that Iodine stuff. If you can get through that, later you'll understand why I don't believe.
03-05-2008, 04:30 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

"frame with the dead guy flicks on and off,"
What does this mean?

Have you any recording (perhaps using fraps? fraps.com) the last minute until there is a load screen?
03-05-2008, 07:55 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Also, go to My Documents/Penumbra/Black Plague/Save and take the save from the level, zip it and upload it here.
03-05-2008, 08:16 AM
Website Find
Guest7 Offline

jens Wrote:Also, go to My Documents/Penumbra/Black Plague/Save and take the save from the level, zip it and upload it here.

I tried to send this save spot, but it said "internal error" cannot open lightpoint (something like that).
Anyways, after that, I went back to the game and got to the man and retrieved the Card.
Now on the way back, all the lights come on, and after a point, (past the lean-to) they stay on and I still get attacked.
I'll keep on trying for a while, then I'm going to uninstall this game and try again.
03-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Find
Guest7 Offline

I didn't give up. I went back to the Chemical room, and I had never fixed the gas leak. I fixed the leak, and went to the kennels. The Kennels, started over from the beginning (Dark, Isn't it-echo) and I did manage to get the Key Card and get back out, and now I am in the Research room. So, maybe because I had not fixed the gas leak before?
My computer did freeze up, before I got out of the Kennels (this current time), but I restarted and everything went ok.
Maybe my Graphics card needs an update. It is an Nvidia GeForce7600, and I am playing this on a laptop.
Anyways, thanks for the help, I appreciate it Smile

P.S. I am the one in the Penumbra Overture game, who didn't know how to Jump across, using the key board.
Thanks for your patience and the Tuturial is great.
03-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Find
Skaruts Offline

Threads: 11

It might have been a bug or something.
I started a new game yesterday, and something very strange happened too. When I entered the mess hall, everything was wrong. The barrel inside the room to the right was already in flemes, the fire detectors on the roof were already pooring water and the power switch was useless... and the emergency door was closed and I couldn't get it open. I deleted every saved game I had and started over again to see what will happen now, but I didn't get there yet.

So I believe that in your case it could be something like this, good thing you could manage to solve it.
03-06-2008, 01:59 AM
Find