Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Dishonored - RELEASED!
bloogleford Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Dishonored - Early Review

Damn, this looks good.
10-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

The character models look a bit too cartoony for this kind of setting in my opinion. Plus the game looks easy as hell with all the powers (when I play it I'm going to try to play it like a real stealth game with no powers). Apart from that I don't want to form an opinion, I haven't played it for myself.
10-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(10-07-2012, 11:30 PM)Bridge Wrote: The character models look a bit too cartoony for this kind of setting in my opinion. Plus the game looks easy as hell with all the powers (when I play it I'm going to try to play it like a real stealth game with no powers). Apart from that I don't want to form an opinion, I haven't played it for myself.
Maybe it's just that understanding and mastering the combat system is extremely rewarding?
10-08-2012, 03:49 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(10-07-2012, 11:30 PM)Bridge Wrote: The character models look a bit too cartoony for this kind of setting in my opinion. Plus the game looks easy as hell with all the powers (when I play it I'm going to try to play it like a real stealth game with no powers). Apart from that I don't want to form an opinion, I haven't played it for myself.
The character models are extremely stylish, and a breath of fresh air for me personally, but besides that, yeah I'd still say it's too early to make any solid assumptions yet.

EDIT: Though once the game comes out, you may not want to take everything I say about the game for granted, because I'll most likely be blinded by fanboy hype lol

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2012, 04:18 AM by Kreekakon.)
10-08-2012, 04:14 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

Your thread title is incredibly misleading
10-08-2012, 04:45 AM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

The review is down inside the replies.

Image by BandyGrass
10-08-2012, 04:47 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: Plus the game looks easy as hell with all the powers (when I play it I'm going to try to play it like a real stealth game with no powers).
Hm... when I played it at gamescom it was pretty hard, even though they gave you all the powers and a huge amount of Mana to play around with. The enemies outnumber you easily and they can for example insta-kill you by using their pistols. And keep in mind, in the final game you'll never be able to have all the powers at once. So don't worry, I'm sure there will be plenty of challenge Wink
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2012, 11:59 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
10-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

I'm currently wondering if I should play my first run on hard instead of normal... *thinks*

From what I've heard from reviews, normal is satisfying, but a bit easy.

Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2012, 12:08 PM by Kreekakon.)
10-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Yeah... since I'll probably do better with my hands on a mouse and keyboard instead of a horrible XBox-controller I guess I'll choose hard too. Not that it really matters - when I'm playing stealth games, I usually load as soon as a guard notices me, because I want to make a perfect run so combat difficulty makes no difference xD
10-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

i cant wait, it's got the gameplay i like (health and mana do not regenerate unless on easy, they are earned on medium and up, crosshairs for crossbows and pistols are static, hints turn off above easy, combat is Manual as there is no QTE). its seriously reminding me of "Theif II: Metal Age" in terms of art style and sword combat... its from bethesda so the RPG mechanics are gonna be perfect. plus, and this is a must have for me, you can rebind the keys. its going to be awesome.

you know, this is the one thing i hate about pre-ordering games, waiting for them to get to the store!

yes, ive got it for PC, its the only acceptable platform for a game that is quite old fashioned in my opinion, and some reviews of dishounoured have said "refreshingly old fashioned and challenging", and yes, i will be playing on hard. ill do 3 run trhoughs. all with all sidequests. 1. give them hell (all action) 2, adaptive (sneak, but give hell when spotted) and 3,. pure stealth (get spotted reload). should give me plenty of moneys worth out of the game indeed that way.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2012, 10:23 PM by the dark side.)
10-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Find