Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

In what kind of (YouTube) videos are you interested?
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: In what kind of (YouTube) videos are you interested?

Oh, forgot this one too.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Website Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

that is not music, that is noise... sure, the video is laugh out loud funny! but... its not really got much music Merit.

now, this is Music!

yes, i like to find the very best videogame soundtracks on youtube, listen to them without all the other game noise on top and admire the sheer musical work that went into them. this tune here, Arnheim Knights, from Medal of Honour Frontline (the best MOH in my opinion) is possibly one of the most Beautifull and moving peices of music in any videogame, it has me in tears every time. the sheer level of emotion that went into its composition and performance is simply staggering, but can only really be appreciated via youtube, without all the other game noises on top.

Edit. dont get me wrong from the top line of the post, i like electronic music too, i just like it without lyrics,. like this.

now, that is electro.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2012, 09:17 PM by the dark side.)
10-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(10-07-2012, 09:01 PM)the dark side Wrote: ...from Medal of Honour Frontline (the best MOH in my opinion) is possibly one of the most Beautifull and moving peices of music in any videogame, it has me in tears every time. the sheer level of emotion that went into its composition and performance is simply staggering, but can only really be appreciated via youtube, without all the other game noises on top.

Choir Ah's and a few stringed instruments = noise (just kidding, but see what I did there?)

The emotional tie you have to this song is very likely not to the song itself, but what it symbolizes; the experience as a whole you had with the amazing game it came from. But who am I to judge or make such an assertion? What we as humans find beautiful is so wonderfully arbitrary.

I have the same feeling about this:

Spoiler below!

This song alone is pretty sad & awe-inspiring on it's own, but it will be on an entirely new emotional level for anyone who has played/experienced the game and can appreciate the true depth behind the piece.

I rate it 3 memes.
10-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

i see what you did. lol.

yes, my emotional attatchment to the song probably does come from the harrowing experience of the "Arnheim Knights" level. moving from blasted building to bombed streets as British soldiers die in agony all around while a peice of music i find to be very moving plays in the background, really does give the level some massive emotional wallop for me, especially with all the little human details, like Sergeant Kelso, sure he stands up dead straight to talk to you, as expected of a UK soldier when meeting an ally ("stiff upper lip"), but when he looks round the corner, his legs practically cave in under him from sheer exhaustion, and he noticeably shakes in horror. perhaps the fact i am English is what gives that level extra clout for me, but, it really does have me in tears by the end, and when you consider emotion isnt easy for me, it shows how powerfull that level is for me personally.

indeed, MOHF was an awesome game in my opinion, the best in the franchise (wich, for me personally, died after Rising Sun) , and one of my top 10 best ever videogames.

yeah, that peice of the "to the moon" OST is incredibly Beautifull on its own, i cant even begin to imagine how moving it must be in the game.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2012, 09:45 PM by the dark side.)
10-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(10-07-2012, 09:25 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote:

This song alone is pretty sad & awe-inspiring on it's own, but it will be on an entirely new emotional level for anyone who has played/experienced the game and can appreciate the true depth behind the piece.
Not gonna lie, I totes shed manly tears during that part.

Posting Freak
10-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Website Find
Melvin Offline

Threads: 38

So you guys often listen to music on YouTube?
So music is important for you guys. I'm definitely going to add some music to my own videos then.

Do you think a good intro is important? (or good music in a good intro, you know what I'm trying to say.)

[Image: 25F7U37.png]
10-08-2012, 12:37 AM
Website Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(10-08-2012, 12:37 AM)SmokeMelvin Wrote: Do you think a good intro is important? (or good music in a good intro, you know what I'm trying to say.)
I personally don't place much value on them; if you're intent on having one, make it short and catchy...

Spoiler below!

...nothing worse than a 20+ second intro in a 10 minute video. If you think about it, it's a pretty big waste of time given the short length of the video.

Semi-OT: 8-12 minutes is an appropriate video length; I remember reading that longer videos (i.e. 15-25 minutes) are less likely to be watched in their entirety.

I rate it 3 memes.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2012, 12:45 AM by Adny.)
10-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(10-07-2012, 09:01 PM)the dark side Wrote: that is not music, that is noise... sure, the video is laught out loud funny! but... its not really got much music Merit.

now, this is Music!

yes, i like to find the very best videogame soundtracks on youtube, listen to them without all the other game noise on top and admire the sheer musical work that went into them. this tune here, Arnheim Knights, from Medal of Honour Frontline (the best MOH in my opinion) is possibly one of the most Beautifull and moving peices of music in any videogame, it has me in tears every time. the sheer level of emotion that went into its composition and performance is simply staggering, but can only really be appreciated via youtube, without all the other game noises on top.
Lavender Town would eat that theme.
10-08-2012, 03:35 AM
Find