Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Who would even play this game ??
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Who would even play this game ??

@ OP: Horror games played for the same reason we watch scary movies or go on roller coasters - the pseudo adrenaline rush. We trick ourselves into thinking it's dangerous, when in reality all of those things are safe and can be laughed about when we look back in the future. It can be quite a euphoric feeling for some.

In your case (feeling chest/heart pains), I'd seriously suggest you stop playing and contact a doctor, you could have a serious medical condition you weren't previously aware of.

I rate it 3 memes.
10-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Find
EndermanGuy112 Offline

Threads: 0

(10-08-2012, 08:23 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote:
(10-08-2012, 08:16 PM)unfortunatevictim Wrote: SERIOUSLY, just seriously! I decided to try out horror genre games so i downloaded Amnesia The dark descent demo. I didn't want to spoil anything i just downloaded the game without knowing anything about it.

I just reached a foggy basement looking place and saw something (looked like a deformed guy) move in the fog and i think i'm about to get some serious heart conditions. man seriously im not even joking, i feel like my heart is going to explode.

i keep hearing some weird sounds, cracking, crying and such i just cant take it anymore. Its bad for me and my heart.

I'm really thinking i should just quit at that part because its way toooo much for me.

Question: HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU PLAY A GAME LIKE THIS ? either you have to be extremely fucked up (no offense) or have balls the size of a mountain.

im not joking, my hands are still shaking and i can feel tension in my heart.
Question: HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU PLAY A GAME LIKE THIS ?

Silly Answer: With a computer, mouse, keyboard, and monitor.
Actual answer: There's no shame in fear quitting the game. I did it myself a few times. You'll go back to it eventually. Seeing as it's a horror game, it did a damn good job of freaking you out. This is why Amnesia is quite famous.
Well, whenever I play it, right before I reach a part I know is going to be bad, I grab a cloth and once it comes to that part & I see a gatherer or whatever, I stick the cloth in my mouth and suck on it until that part's over.

It's very effective. Big Grin
10-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Playing Frictional Games' product as first horror game equals 100% mind blowing in every possible way.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2012, 10:34 PM by Yuhaney.)
10-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Website Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(10-08-2012, 10:34 PM)Scraper Wrote: Playing Frictional Games' product as first horror game equals 100% mind blowing in every possible way.
Yeah that's what I did it's amazing. I had never played anything like it and I shit my pants many times

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
10-09-2012, 12:05 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(10-08-2012, 10:34 PM)Scraper Wrote: Playing Frictional Games' product as first horror game equals 100% mind blowing in every possible way.
Actually that would depend on your tolerance for horror. I know that if Amnesia was my first horror game, there's no way I would have made it to the end. The game is more like something for horror veterans.

[Image: p229xcq]
10-09-2012, 12:26 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

How, you ask?

Like people said, we enjoy the adrenaline rush that happens when we get scared. If you have chest pains while playing, maybe you shouldn't play this game. That's not even the scariest part of the game, where you are at, so you should just uninstall the game, or just take tons of breaks while playing.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
10-09-2012, 01:22 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

These people are telling how to cope with it? Well, FUCK THEM.
Embrace the horror; you don't play a horror game to make it tolerable - YOU PLAY A HORROR GAME TO REMIND YOURSELF HOW MUCH OF A PUSSY YOU REALLY ARE!

So turn off the lights, get your sound-flooding headphones, and stock up on adult diapers you ninny grit! WHY WOULD YOU DOWNLOAD SOMETHING SO YOU CAN FUCKING WHINE ABOUT IT!?
10-09-2012, 02:33 AM
Find
A.I. Offline

Threads: 16

I fear-quit in the an area of which I will not say and then I plugged in my speakers and took off my headphones and continued playing. It is not like the game is going to come out of your computer at night. The grunt won't watch over you as you sleep and attempt to wake you by tearing your flesh with his claws and then go away as you wake up and leave scars. It is just a game...

[Image: 1YV6ehh]
Formerly Vaelwing22
10-09-2012, 04:02 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: The grunt won't watch over you as you sleep and attempt to wake you by
tearing your flesh with his claws and then go away as you wake up and
leave scars. It is just a game...
My room is big, and when the lights are out you feel the emptiness, but can't see anything. I sometimes imagine a grunt coming out of the darkness and flinch.

Amnesia spoiled horror for me in that I can't really get myself to play it anymore. I'm still stuck on one part of Penumbra because I know there's a dog waiting for me on the save.

So yeah, excited for AMFP. I'll never sleep again.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
10-09-2012, 04:24 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Haha, you should know, Amnesia and Penumbra are the scariest games you'll ever find on our earth.
I really recommend, play both of them - to the end. It will be a fantastic experience for you and you will begin to love this games!
Perhaps you should begin with the Penumbra series (Overture, then Black Plague, and then Requiem). This game is a better experience than Amnesia, more puzzles and story. Even a bit more immersing because of plausible environments etc. But you also can start with Amnesia, buy the game - your money will be good spent! And you will enjoy every single dollar in it.

The "deformed guy" is just the beginning. The whole game will be even 50-times scarier! No joke!!!
When you have fear, then you will enjoy the game most. Because the goal of Amnesia and Penumbra is to scare you to the ground.

You should not quit such excellent games. Play them, slowly.
10-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Find