Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84
RE: The Most Underrated or Overrated Games/Movies Thread

OVERRATED: Epic Meal Time This is a sad example of a very interesting thing that quickly went downhill.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
10-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: On the current subject of acting, personally I'm the type of person who will automatically
suspend my dis-belief when watching a movie in terms of acting to the
point that unless the acting is extremely good, or extremely bad, I
can't notice the difference as long as the actors do what they're trying
to do to some degree. Not really sure if this is a good thing, or bad
thing though...
I'm in this boat. Frankly, I am not into movies really. I'm a game guy. I won't be able to point out a shitty film but I sure as hell can point out even the smallest mistakes in a video game.(If it helps, I thought Dark of the Moon was a pretty cool film.)

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
10-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Find
Posting Freak

[video=youtube][/video]
(10-12-2012, 09:14 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 09:07 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: [quote='CorinthianMerchant' pid='174841' dateline='1350071071']That means that she's beautiful, right?
I spent 10 fucking minutes on this; enjoy:

Spoiler below!

Fantastic use of AndyRockin's time

[utterly pointless picture]

No! I'm normal, I swear!!! I'm a melting pot of manliness!!!!!

Look at the progress of my latest CS!
Spoiler below!
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/hGVMCyxASIQ[/video]

Uh. I liek boobiez...

10-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

sigh, back to topic.

Underated: "the hand icon". Seriously, what the heck is with this "press 4 to open the door" thing?, i Know its numpad 4!, i rebound the ruddy key from "Return" to numpad 4, i dont need to be told that i need to press numpad4 to open a door. just, show me i can open the door by showing me an action icon, like a hand... thanks.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2012, 09:08 PM by the dark side.)
10-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Find
Posting Freak

Underrated: Fleet Foxes, all their songs are amazing!

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/WExRR2GDQ7A[/video]

10-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(10-13-2012, 09:08 PM)the dark side Wrote: sigh, back to topic.

Underated: "the hand icon". Seriously, what the heck is with this "press 4 to open the door" thing?, i Know its numpad 4!, i rebound the ruddy key from "Return" to numpad 4, i dont need to be told that i need to press numpad4 to open a door. just, show me i can open the door by showing me an action icon, like a hand... thanks.
Man you really need to lay off your hint crusade. You can't always use icons as made abundantly evident by the Assassin's Creed series. It's much simpler to have the currently bound button displayed on the screen during the tutorials (if any) and after that just have an option to disable them. The accumulated time I've spent looking at the controls in the options probably amounts to a good 30 minutes. Why? Because instead of saying: Press E to react or press E to speak it says: Press the (icon of head) to do this action. Some of the icons just make no sense either. Like attacking with your off hand and letting go are some hand holding a stake? It's annoying. I don't know whether you have a legitimate rage for these hints or whether you just like to do unnecessary work but there is a fine line, believe me. Not all games have controls as simple as Amnesia. Btw, I find the context-sensitive icon cursors in Amnesia to be very distracting and immersion-breaking. It's very intuitive but they do not look as good as they should.
10-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Find
Mushroomx Offline

Threads: 0

I personally think that the two "Sherlock Holmes" films are a bit underrated, I think that the stories in both are interesting and clever and the action scenes are totally entertaining. Also Robert Downey Jr. plays how I see Sherlock, an eccentric, very well! I think the films definitely deserve more that a 7.5 in my opinion Smile
10-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(10-13-2012, 09:37 PM)Mushroomx Wrote: I personally think that the two "Sherlock Holmes" films are a bit underrated, I think that the stories in both are interesting and clever and the action scenes are totally entertaining. Also Robert Downey Jr. plays how I see Sherlock, an eccentric, very well! I think the films definitely deserve more that a 7.5 in my opinion Smile
It depends on how you read the stories I guess. Robert Downey Jr. plays a more goofy Jack Sparrowy Holmes than the mildly eccentric gentleman Holmes from the stories. Personally my favorite Holmes portrayal is from the Sherlock TV series. Spot on in my opinion! Plus, Jude Law plays Dr. Watson all wrong. He constantly complains about the way Holmes acts and scolds him like he's a child (he pretty much is one in the new films though). The book Watson reveres Holmes. He considers it a privilege to be his friend and while he offers some interesting observations usually he is the audience proxy, responsible for making the audience understand what Holmes is thinking. He considers every moment he spends with him an opportunity to learn while Jude Law's Watson is more like a friend that gets dragged along everywhere despite not giving a shit. I was very disappointed with both of the characterizations, though they were amusing films.
10-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

Seriously, the most overrated movie has to be Avatar. Seriously.

Stand for something
or
Fall for anything
10-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(10-13-2012, 10:05 PM)Bridge Wrote: Personally my favorite Holmes portrayal is from the Sherlock TV series.
BBC one? Agree / 10

[Image: p229xcq]
10-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Find