Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Announcement Key to Freedom 0.9 (testers needed)
lllDash Offline

Threads: 12
Video  Key to Freedom 0.9 (testers needed)

The full version is released: http://www.moddb.com/mods/key-to-freedom

//////old post//////
Announcement of Key to Freedom custom story
This is version 0.9. Still a few things to iron out in preparation for version 1.0.

Synopsis:

Mr Wilkinson, the headmaster of Darwin Institute for Misbehaved Youngsters, has presented to me a challenge, in response to my most recent efforts of escape. He promises me that if I accept and complete the task he will allow me to leave the Institute.
All I need to do is find a key. A key that will unlock a safe deposit box located at the local bank. The key, of course, is situated in the old mansion. He won't tell me why the place has been sealed off and abandoned or how I will be getting inside. But one thing's for sure, I wont let this opportunity pass me by!

Screenshots:

Spoiler below!
[Image: screenscreenshot018.jpg] [Image: screenscreenshot017.jpg] [Image: screenscreenshot007.jpg] [Image: screenscreenshot013.jpg]

Features:

- New puzzles
- Original story
- Voice acting
- New threats
- No "teleporting naked guys" or other cheap jump scares.

Technical and other notes:

- Won't need a very fast PC to run.
- Don't need the Justine Patch (although it does take advantage of it. i.e: Some tomb stones in the cemetery are missing and few other bugs due to the absence of the Justine Patch. But the game still runs fine. but I still recommend updating to latest version.
- Planning on doing commentary if I have time.
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2013, 12:06 PM by lllDash.)
10-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Find
wolfmaster1231 Offline

Threads: 43
RE: Key to Freedom

I could test this if you want i havent made a custom story yet put im experieced with the editor and mechanics Tongue

10-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Find
Solipsist Offline

Threads: 5

Looks interesting enough. Just, next time, make sure to present the core-content you listed in your trailers; like these new threats, the story and especially the voice acting. (Got voice acting? Have a narrator)
The trailer is there to show what you have, or at least give something to anticipate. What I seen in your trailer is a few nice ideas (like the plank sliding on the door), but they are not the heart of the CS.
Best of luck.

10-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

The trailer looks very interesting! I'm going to have to keep an eye on this.

I'm curious where you got the walls for that perfectly round tunnel in the third (?) scene? They would be perfect for one of my maps.

10-18-2012, 09:57 AM
Find
lllDash Offline

(10-17-2012, 12:40 PM)wolfmaster1231 Wrote: I could test this if you want i havent made a custom story yet put im experieced with the editor and mechanics Tongue
Good enough ^_^. As long as you know a thing or two about Amnesia. The reason why I asked for some CS experience is because I don't want some random kid that doesn't take stuff like this very seriously to test my CS out and give it an inaccurate critique. Although, I'm kinda behind schedule Confused and I promised myself that I would finish it by Halloween. So if I run out of time I would have to release ver.0.9 on that day. but because it's ver.0.9 I would still need feedback so that I can perfect it for a 1.0 release. thanx, your help is appreciated. ^_^

Change topic. For those that are concerned about lack of content in the trailer; that was done on purpose. I recorded about 5min worth of footage but droped most of it because I didn't want to spoil the CS for you guys. The less you know the better. That's why it's called a teaser Tongue . Although you did get a small glimps at the ghost. Nope, that was not the water lurker. no pile of boxes will save you from that thing.

(10-18-2012, 09:57 AM)Damascus Wrote: The trailer looks very interesting! I'm going to have to keep an eye on this.

I'm curious where you got the walls for that perfectly round tunnel in the third (?) scene? They would be perfect for one of my maps.
That tunnel was from dungeonbase\ceiling\default_round_hole02". Wink

(10-18-2012, 09:15 AM)Solipsist Wrote: Got voice acting? Have a narrator
All voice acting is done.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2012, 11:00 AM by lllDash.)
10-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Find
lllDash Offline

I just added some screenshots. go to first post and click on the spoilers tab. ITS HALLOWEEN AND VERSION 0.9 IS ON IT'S WAY!
10-31-2012, 03:16 AM
Find
Dutton Offline

Threads: 3

Pictures looks amazing! so does the trailer, will try this definitely when released Smile!

[Image: 15isy6C]
10-31-2012, 09:34 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Sweet atmosphere...

Keep it this way! Smile

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-31-2012, 09:54 AM
Find
craven7 Offline

Threads: 8

Trailer and screenshots look amazing! Awesome mapping and lightning!
10-31-2012, 01:52 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

The only thing that I can criticize objectively at the moment, just after looking throughout screenshots and teaser, are the natural lights mis-directioning. For example on this particular screenshot http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/851/s...hot007.jpg the light rays are shining with a different angles, which is not right. It's appears to be like you do have multiple moons outside the interior, shining from different directions.

Everything else looks very accurately made, so objectively nothing to criticize.
10-31-2012, 11:13 PM
Website Find