Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Rant Thread
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8
RE: Rant Thread

(07-17-2013, 04:22 AM)BendyBread Wrote:
(07-17-2013, 03:18 AM)Chronofluff Wrote: whenever a thread has numerous new pages i keep going back until i find a post i've read b4

maybe it's just me and my OCD
Yeah, I do that too. I feel like I need to read everything incase I missed something. @_@

My rant - Let's Players. Just, what even. I hate how some of the really obnoxious, loud and moronic ones are all famous and supported for screaming at the camera and just being a complete spastic, when genuinely fun, intelligent and 'normal' people are left in the shadows.
Note: I don't LP or anything. I'm not envious, I just hate people like PDP, and how annoying/stupid/obsessed their crazo fans are.

It's similar to the situation at Deviant art. All it takes to become popular is to post a KAWAII version of popular characters(ie, trace over an anime frame) and fan girls will go AWWWWWWMEeewWW!!!

While stuff that actually takes a LOT of effort to make gets ignored or left to fringe groups.

It's gotten slightly better, but easy to digest stuff usually wins out. And Nothing is easier to digest than pre-processed "In your face" dick jokes.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
07-17-2013, 04:41 AM
Find
BendyBread Offline

Threads: 2

(07-17-2013, 04:41 AM)Aldighieri Wrote: It's similar to the situation at Deviant art. All it takes to become popular is to post a KAWAII version of popular characters(ie, trace over an anime frame) and fan girls will go AWWWWWWMEeewWW!!!

While stuff that actually takes a LOT of effort to make gets ignored or left to fringe groups.

It's gotten slightly better, but easy to digest stuff usually wins out. And Nothing is easier to digest than pre-processed "In your face" dick jokes.
Pretty much. Half of DA just wants to leave now, it's becoming a shit pit essentially.
Even photography is disgusting. It goes from "Oh I worked hard to get this shot right" to "look I bought a new DSLR camera, weee I'm so good" or, worse, they slap on those after effect 'sets' people put out. It's not real art, it's a sad, desperate imitation of it. I'm all for 'art is up for intepretation' and blah blah, but it's just not in this case (for me at least).
I'm quite a frustrated person about these things. ._.

About the 'lets play' thing, I can easily extend my opinion on that to youtube as a whole. People worship these people who make videos like they're gods. And sure, have someone to look up to, have an idol, I sure as hell have celebrities I'd like to meet and 'become' like, but just the crazy level of fangirling and "fan defence" (when they go rabid animal on someone who thinks different) is just absolutely crazy. These people they follow are just average people behind cameras in their homes (usually) vlogging, or otherwise just talk about the most shallow, missguided topics ever. Though the fans just eat that up, clearly. Simple, basic, sheep-mentality sells.
I'm like, do you live to just follow anyone remotely likeable or famous? Where did you misplace your sense of self and respect?

But that's enough out of me. I could go on for days.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2013, 05:01 AM by BendyBread.)
07-17-2013, 04:58 AM
Find
Focalize Offline

Threads: 6

(07-17-2013, 04:41 AM)Aldighieri Wrote: It's similar to the situation at Deviant art. All it takes to become popular is to post a KAWAII version of popular characters(ie, trace over an anime frame) and fan girls will go AWWWWWWMEeewWW!!!

Kawaii things/characters aren't very easy to draw, you gotta get into the fangirl mode and try not to smear blood all over your drawing tablet. No siriusly now to draw anything well requires tonnes of practice. You should see all my failed attempts over the years. Tracing over frames doesn't count as creation, that I agree.
The more detailed pieces, it just depends on how people perceive them--> the concepts in the art themselves. I mean yeah you gotta respect the time and effort put into something, but if there's nothing strikingly beautiful or meaningful to connect an audience, naturally they won't catch as much attention than all the OTP & fanart. Don't underestimate fandom artists, cause they feel the fluff and spread it like a plague Big Grin Popularity doesn't mean anything, but too bad artists do have to make a living. Blame it on society.

Rant: Being harassed by an old man on the bus. Guise, please don't do that when you get old.

[Image: tumblr_mqgl69kyLV1ql2603o1_500.jpg]
07-17-2013, 05:19 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

I'm going to harass everyone when I'm crusty.
07-17-2013, 05:28 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(07-17-2013, 05:28 AM)failedALIAS Wrote: I'm going to harass everyone when I'm crusty.

[Image: scene.jpg]
? ?? ?/?/ / ? ?/? / ??//

Posting Freak
07-17-2013, 05:52 AM
Website Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(07-17-2013, 05:19 AM)Shimeji Wrote:

Kawaii things/characters aren't very easy to draw, you gotta get into the fangirl mode and try not to smear blood all over your drawing tablet. No siriusly now to draw anything well requires tonnes of practice. You should see all my failed attempts over the years. Tracing over frames doesn't count as creation, that I agree.
The more detailed pieces, it just depends on how people perceive them--> the concepts in the art themselves. I mean yeah you gotta respect the time and effort put into something, but if there's nothing strikingly beautiful or meaningful to connect an audience, naturally they won't catch as much attention than all the OTP & fanart. Don't underestimate fandom artists, cause they feel the fluff and spread it like a plague Big Grin Popularity doesn't mean anything, but too bad artists do have to make a living. Blame it on society.

Rant: Being harassed by an old man on the bus. Guise, please don't do that when you get old.

[Image: from_the_box_site_launch__by_little_miss...6ds4ac.png]

posted 15 hours ago...has 362 favs

[Image: hot_winds_by_danarogon-d5onmil.jpg]

posted 19th december. has 27 favs

seems legit.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2013, 04:04 PM by Danny Boy.)
07-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Website Find
Focalize Offline

Threads: 6

We're missing the point here. I'm not saying that the phenomenon is untrue; however it's a problem rooted in the population, not the artists. Easy to digest stuff win out because people just can't help it. Take cuteness as an example, one does not simply resist. Not everyone has the brains to dig deep, like come on, it's the internet.
If popularity is what an artist needs then supply what is in demand. There are trade-offs in any career path. There, no need to diss the kawaiiness. Big Grin

[Image: tumblr_mqgl69kyLV1ql2603o1_500.jpg]
07-17-2013, 09:06 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

I am a DeviantArt user myself and the only thing I dislike on it is when people make cartoon baby horse art. Every other art I don't mind, but I see it is a bad thing that less effort art gets more attention than art that contains proper effort.

Off topic: Happy 600 posts for me.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2013, 02:23 AM by Macgyverthehero.)
07-18-2013, 02:22 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

how have you guys not realized that stupid basic pleb shit is going to inevitably get by far the most attention and praise in literally every form of art/media/entertainment by this point lol

Posting Freak
07-18-2013, 03:12 AM
Website Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(07-18-2013, 03:12 AM)Kman Wrote: how have you guys not realized that stupid basic pleb shit is going to inevitably get by far the most attention and praise in literally every form of art/media/entertainment by this point lol

Um... we have realized it? We are just discussing it.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
07-18-2013, 03:21 AM
Find