Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Rant Thread
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Rant Thread

i know but complaining like "omfg how are all these stupid kawaii pony shit things getting so much attention when all this really good artwork that takes talent and has a lot of thought put into it being ignored" is kinda dumb since pretty much everyone should expect it by this point

Posting Freak
07-18-2013, 03:41 AM
Website Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

The other day I only just understood what kawaii mean't. I don't really find things on the internet that are annoying as hell and stuff... Or when I do it's old.

[Image: luv.gif]
07-18-2013, 03:59 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

it's like complaining about justin bieber or pewdiepie, i mean yes they can be annoying but everyone came to this conclusion like 5860239 months ago so how are you still surprised enough by it that it annoys you that much

Posting Freak
07-18-2013, 04:08 AM
Website Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Example for me would be this deviant art shit, barely know anything about it... And rage comic stuff like le memes.

[Image: luv.gif]
07-18-2013, 04:14 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(07-17-2013, 04:03 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: [Image: from_the_box_site_launch__by_little_miss...6ds4ac.png]

posted 15 hours ago...has 362 favs

[Image: hot_winds_by_danarogon-d5onmil.jpg]

posted 19th december. has 27 favs

seems legit.

I cannot emphasize enough how the first piece of art in no way is inferior to the second (Under the circumstance that it wasn't traced or heavily referenced that is)

"Simple" cartoon art is not exactly as easy as most people make it out to be, and definitely not easy to make look good/right/interesting.

Even though they're simple human characters you still very much have to take into account proper anatomy when drawing them. Lack skill in that, and your "cutesy" drawings will look very off, and look like crap. Also in cases of making original characters, you have to design them well to begin with.

It may not seem like much now that it's a finished piece, but I can assure you that simple cartoon art requires skill, and/or effort (Depending on if it's a speed drawing or not) just as much as many other forms of art out there.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
07-18-2013, 04:50 AM
Find
BendyBread Offline

Threads: 2

(07-18-2013, 04:08 AM)Kman Wrote: it's like complaining about justin bieber or pewdiepie, i mean yes they can be annoying but everyone came to this conclusion like 5860239 months ago so how are you still surprised enough by it that it annoys you that much
We know it exists as a 'problem'/topic, we're just discussing/ranting about it.

Just because others realised it before or you don't think it's important or whatever, or simply just because we want to talk about it, doesn't mean we'll just drop all our shit and go 'welp, conversation dead, this guy says so'.
07-18-2013, 07:34 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(07-18-2013, 07:34 AM)BendyBread Wrote: Just because others realised it before or you don't think it's important or whatever, or simply just because we want to talk about it, doesn't mean we'll just drop all our shit and go 'welp, conversation dead, this guy says so'.

Actually, that's exactly how it works.
07-18-2013, 07:56 AM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(07-18-2013, 02:22 AM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: I am a DeviantArt user myself and the only thing I dislike on it is when people make cartoon baby horse art. Every other art I don't mind, but I see it is a bad thing that less effort artgets more attention than art that contains proper effort.

http://whitediamondsltd.deviantart.com/a...-292729557
http://kp-shadowsquirrel.deviantart.com/...-348362054
http://whitediamondsltd.deviantart.com/a...-292734464

You don't have to like it, but to say it's of lower quality is insulting and just plain false.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
07-19-2013, 06:36 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

I've had just about all I can take with Syberia. Oddly enough this game makes me incredibly apprehensive and impatient, and I consider myself very patient when it comes to games (especially adventure games). The game is so fucking slow - the animations are really drawn out and the movement controls are fidgety. I think the story and graphics are decent. The plot is somewhat intriguing but almost every other aspect of the game works totally against it. The puzzles are either insultingly easy or incredibly hard, mainly due to the fact that you almost never get any instruction or even hint as to what it is you need to do to progress. Basically you just walk everywhere, talk to everyone and if you see an interactable item, you impose your will on it even if you don't know what purpose it serves. Considering it takes about 20 whole minutes to explore every area on the starting map (running), you can imagine how frustrating wandering around looking for a puzzle is. The voice acting also sucks and I don't find the music amazing.

Am I missing something? Why does this have a 9.1/10 rating on Gamespot and why is it being heralded as the "savior of adventure games"? I don't care if it sparked a renewed interest in the genre, it completely sucks. I just can't take it anymore - I can literally feel every irretrievable second this fucking game is taking.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2013, 01:02 AM by Bridge.)
08-16-2013, 01:01 AM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

I saw a nazi party propaganda banner spanned above the highway leading into Stockholm from the South. thankfully most visitors come into Stockholm for the north (because of the location of the airport).

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2013, 01:38 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
08-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Find