Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Custom member titles?
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Custom member titles?

You can change your username to something wacky if you'd like.

I wouldn't mind the user title "foreskin enthusiast," though.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
10-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(10-15-2012, 03:39 PM)Bridge Wrote: Btw, why would moderators be motivated by having some text under their name? And why do they need motivation? They chose to become moderators, they knew what it entailed. If they feel completely unmotivated without custom titles then they should stop doing it.

Agreed.

From my point of view, I didn't become a moderator to be a "special member". I volunteered back in the day when there was no one else (except the first moderator "Dark", who gave up before that for unknown reason) besides the developer team just to help them with forums. If they want to reward the work we do with something, then it is up to them but it's not why I do this, to get something out of it.

I also try to be as normal user as I can by interacting as much as possible with 'regular' users, even though I have a 'special' color or my current user title.
But since we are able to change that and there is no rule about it, I don't see what the big problem is. I still don't see myself any more special than regular users. I just wanted to make my profile more personal.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2012, 04:45 PM by Yuhaney.)
10-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Website Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

You see, it's like this: If you reward members for reaching certain post counts, even if its with something as meaningless as being able to change that title under the name, then you're just encouraging them to spam useless stuff to reach that "achievement". There are already people who think that high post counts are some sort of achievement, why further endorse that behaviour?
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2012, 05:56 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
10-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Moderators seem to have the ability to change non-"forum team" members' titles. However, i wouldn't bother doing that and would rather the user do it themselves, without having to reach a post minimum.

P.S. Anyone who PMs (bothers) me to have their titles changed will be given the title "annoying."

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(10-15-2012, 06:57 PM)Your Computer Wrote: P.S. Anyone who PMs (bothers) me to have their titles changed will be given the title "annoying."
No thanks. Won't bother you.

I would've done it myself, I just found no such option. Which gave birth to this little thread.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(10-15-2012, 05:55 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: You see, it's like this: If you reward members for reaching certain post counts, even if its with something as meaningless as being able to change that title under the name, then you're just encouraging them to spam useless stuff to reach that "achievement". There are already people who think that high post counts are some sort of achievement, why further endorse that behaviour?
^Oh man, oh god, this right here so freakin' much. I command you all burn that above paragraph into your brains right now, and keep it there until you die.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2012, 07:03 PM by Kreekakon.)
10-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(10-15-2012, 07:02 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 05:55 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: You see, it's like this: If you reward members for reaching certain post counts, even if its with something as meaningless as being able to change that title under the name, then you're just encouraging them to spam useless stuff to reach that "achievement". There are already people who think that high post counts are some sort of achievement, why further endorse that behaviour?
^Oh man, oh god, this right here so freakin' much. I command you all burn that above paragraph into your brains right now, and keep it there until you die.
Shut up! They can still change the way we can earn an achievement!

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-15-2012, 07:03 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(10-15-2012, 07:03 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Shut up! They can still change the way we can earn an achievement!
It should never EVER be post count-related though. Nowadays it pains me to see much people in general who view the amount of posts they have to be equal to their ego. The more they post, whether meaningful, or not serves to boost that. This usually results in people caring too much about their post count as they falsely believe it reflects the amount of respect they have on a forum.

That's nonsense. Respect on forums comes from making meaningful posts, being courteous to fellow members, and offering useful insights. THAT'S what makes a good member, and what should be considered an "achievement".

Before anyone eats my face off, I'm not directing this at anyone, and am simply talking in general.

/endrant

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2012, 07:10 PM by Kreekakon.)
10-15-2012, 07:09 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

I don't really watch my post count, I just happen to be really talkative.

But yeah, achievements related to post count are just too freakin easy. A challenge, or something...

Those are achievements, not really the amount of posts.

10-15-2012, 07:12 PM
Website Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Postcount / reputation = X

X > Y = Ability to assign title.

Sort of an anti-spam | help people reward measure. Seems dumb though Smile

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

10-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Find