Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Slenderman, do you like him? (contains a video)
Melvin Offline

Threads: 38
Video  Slenderman, do you like him? (contains a video)

Hey guys, haven't seen you in a while

My question today would be... Do you like Slenderman? Do you think he's scary etc.?

I personally think it isn't Slenderman who is scary, but the surroundings. I have a perfect example in my own Slender playthrough #2. I walk around for 12 minutes, and the ambience is killing me. I pussied out without even seeing him. here's the video.

Moderator edit: STOP POSTING YOUR YOUTUBE VIDEOS EVERYWHERE.

I've told you this SO many times by now and if I see ONE more video posted by you, you're gone, okay?

You don't have to watch it, but you'll see what I'm getting at if you watch it.

So, Do you like Slenderman? Do you think he's scary etc.? let me know in the comments!

Smokem out

P.S. If you seriously think I posted that video to spam or something, that is not the case. I will delete the video if that gives pleases you.

[Image: 25F7U37.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2012, 12:19 PM by Traggey.)
10-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Slenderman, do you like him? (contains a video)

This kind of looks like a youtube advertisement, but I think he is overused and not scary. It's basically a cheesy jumpscare tactic everytime with him.
10-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(10-18-2012, 07:03 PM)Statyk Wrote: This kind of looks like a youtube advertisement, but I think he is overused and not scary. It's basically a cheesy jumpscare tactic everytime with him.
I know nothing much about Slenderman at all, but this still should be valid even without my research: Slender game =/= Slenderman

I think it depends on how one uses the Slenderman "lore" to a certain effect, and the way Slender handled it, it got old very quickly.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2012, 07:06 PM by Kreekakon.)
10-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Find
Melvin Offline

(10-18-2012, 07:03 PM)Statyk Wrote: This kind of looks like a youtube advertisement, but I think he is overused and not scary. It's basically a cheesy jumpscare tactic everytime with him.
Yea already thought that you guys would think that... Should I delete the link?

10-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Website Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

^ what he said

The game is scary (due to jumpscare tactic), but slenderman himself... No.

btw, i like your hat

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
10-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Find
Melvin Offline

(10-18-2012, 07:06 PM)DogFood Wrote:
^ what he said

The game is scary (due to jumpscare tactic), but slenderman himself... No.

btw, i like your hat
You that's what I thought,,

and thanks. Smile

10-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(10-18-2012, 07:05 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
I know nothing about Slenderman at all, but this still should be valid even without my research: Slender game =/= Slenderman
Oh, I know, I know! But I still feel the same. I mean, in honesty, his figure isn't all that disturbing. A tall, dangly man with a suit and no face. The tentacles seem like something its creator threw in there to try to make him creepier, it just doesn't seem right. I was never disturbed or scared by him. His image is strange.
10-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Slenderman's a rough lover. But I still like him, even if he has the tendency to staple my corpse on a tree.

All he wants is 20 dollars and a hug. I'd give him both.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2012, 07:30 PM by Robby.)
10-18-2012, 07:12 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(10-18-2012, 07:35 PM)Robosprog Wrote: I love it when people judge Slender Man based off of the slender game.
Watch all Marblehornets entries, all ToTheArk stuff, all the TribeTwelve stuff in the dark with curtains open, then read the massive mythos and see the pictures and THEN tell me he's scary. I researched him for, what, three months and couldn't sleep easily for double that.
He isn't a jumpscare, usually he's a lingering presence, but the game ruined that aspect completely.
I have to agree here. The game made him a jumpscare, but that doesn't mean that the original Slenderman is like the one in the Slender game.

Yeah, I read a lot about him too, and he's quite creepy. And this poem also adds some creepiness to him (for me, at least).
Spoiler below!

Oh, should I travel through the woods
Or, should I not wishing I would
For above me lurks within the trees
No one can hear my deathly screams.

The palest man, the blackest suit
Bigger than the tallest brute
Six black arms will grab you up
Or, stalk you till you just give up.

A top hat bares upon his head
Makes your soul fill up with dread
He takes you when you least expect
Boil you up, and eat your neck.

He'll leave your body not to eat
But staple your corpse on a tree.
Fear the man, the slender man
For he can do, what no one can.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Pffft!

[Image: birthday_gift__surprise_by_tehcheychibi-d3atwcr.png]
10-19-2012, 06:48 AM
Find