Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you believe in UFO's?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
37.50%
6 37.50%
No
62.50%
10 62.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you guys think of UFO's?
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: What do you guys think of UFO's?

(10-31-2012, 07:43 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: Of course none of us know for sure, but we can make some decent guesses based on science/evidence we already have. I know Statyk is a sane, rather intelligent human being and he saw what he saw, but I'm almost entirely certain it can be rationalized as something other than spaceman.
Oh, absolutely, I wasn't saying it was aliens at all. It was just some strange red light in the sky. It COULD have been a firework, but it was so high up and moving slow, I highly doubt it. Also the fact that the firework show was over for about 10 minutes by this point. My best comparison to what it looked like was a plane on fire. =\
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2012, 08:19 PM by Statyk.)
10-31-2012, 08:19 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(10-31-2012, 01:28 PM)BAndrew Wrote: What am I saying is that it's almost impossible to ever meet them. Considering that it is proved there is not any habitable planet in our solar system and that the nearest star is approximately 4,3 ly away which is 4,06802721 × 10^13 kilometers then, excuse me, but NO!

"Habitable" is defined by our experience. There are assumptions attached to it that wouldn't necessarily apply to every possible organism in existence. Even if a "habitable" planet existed billions of light years away, if in fact these aircrafts are driven by aliens from outerspace, you would have to accept that it is in fact possible to travel at humanly-impossible distances and our knowledge of physics may be denied. Unfortunately, we don't know who drives these aircrafts, but that may be revealed some day.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-31-2012, 09:40 PM
Website Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

My point of sight:

There are aliens. The universe is so f**king big... we just cannot imagine it. Of course there are aliens, if we are here, why not them too?

BAndrew wrote:
"What am I saying is that it's almost impossible to ever meet them.
Considering that it is proved there is not any habitable planet in our
solar system and that the nearest star is approximately 4,3 ly away
which is 4,06802721 × 10^13 kilometers then, excuse me, but NO!"

It's possible we don't meet them RIGHT NOW, but maybe in a few centuries or a couple of thousand years we meet them.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-31-2012, 09:46 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

(10-31-2012, 09:46 PM)The chaser Wrote: My point of sight:

There are aliens. The universe is so f**king big... we just cannot imagine it. Of course there are aliens, if we are here, why not them too?

BAndrew wrote:
"What am I saying is that it's almost impossible to ever meet them.
Considering that it is proved there is not any habitable planet in our
solar system and that the nearest star is approximately 4,3 ly away
which is 4,06802721 × 10^13 kilometers then, excuse me, but NO!"

It's possible we don't meet them RIGHT NOW, but maybe in a few centuries or a couple of thousand years we meet them.
Or maybe in decades, because technology right now is advancing quite fast and I'm hoping in around 20 to 30 years we will be able to revolutionize space travel. First contact with aliens might take abit longer then that, but I'm sure we will meet E.Ts at some point in our future.

Anything is possible, because Impossibility is only an opinion.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2012, 09:54 PM by Macgyverthehero.)
10-31-2012, 09:52 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(10-31-2012, 09:40 PM)Your Computer Wrote: "Habitable" is defined by our experience. There are assumptions attached to it that wouldn't necessarily apply to every possible organism in existence. Even if a "habitable" planet existed billions of light years away, if in fact these aircrafts are driven by aliens from outerspace, you would have to accept that it is in fact possible to travel at humanly-impossible distances and our knowledge of physics may be denied. Unfortunately, we don't know who drives these aircrafts, but that may be revealed some day.
Well actually no. The basic substance of EVERY organism is water H2O. Water above 373 Kelvin becomes gas and bellow 273 Kelvin it becomes ice. So there is not any organism who can live in a temperature higher than 373 Kelvin and not in a temperature bellow 173 Kelvin(that's because some organisms are more resistant). Also half of the planets in our solar systems are made by gas (have no ground like Earth) and have strong gravitational forces. The other planets have way too high or way too low temperatures (you can confirm that in wikipedia). There is no possible way an alien can live in a planet in our solar system. I cannot deny that there could be aliens light years away from us,but there is no point. The max speed limit in nature is the speed of light. So far so good, that means even if they were travelling nearly with the speed of light it would still take them several years to come here on earth and even more years to come back to their planet. Let's also calculate the possibility of choosing another direction to explore on the universe (not the one leading to our planet which is on of the many possible directions) and the possibility of reaching our solar system.

Given all that. The possibility of us seeing an alien is 0,00000000000001%

(10-31-2012, 09:46 PM)The chaser Wrote: It's possible we don't meet them RIGHT NOW, but maybe in a few centuries or a couple of thousand years we meet them.
Maybe millions of years, and more possibly never. The universe is too huge and I don't think the aliens will just travel A STRAIGHT line to Earth. It is almost certain they will go somewhere else in the universe. And that' IF they exist and IF they have advanced technology and IF they can travel WAY TOO FAST. Too much if's.

(10-31-2012, 09:52 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: Or maybe in decades, because technology right now is advancing quite fast and I'm hoping in around 20 to 30 years we will be able to revolutionize space travel. First contact with aliens might take abit longer then that, but I'm sure we will meet E.Ts at some point in our future.

Anything is possible, because Impossibility is only an opinion.
You are completely incorrect. There is no chance we are going to meet and allien in around 20-30 years. However fast the technology is advancing there is a a limit nature decided to apply and it's called "speed of light".

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2012, 10:09 PM by BAndrew.)
10-31-2012, 09:55 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(10-31-2012, 10:12 PM)Robosprog Wrote: The basic substance of every organism known to man.

Anyway, I've said this a million times - the laws of physics are constantly being revised, it may turn out there is a flaw in Einstein's law, or there are loopholes. Remember, a thousand years ago we thought that you couldn't travel out of this earth without an angel guiding you, imagine how different our laws of physics and technology will be in a thousand more years. And I don't think we will find a way around the speed of light, at least for a millennia or two.
Yes, indeed, but we can't say that we MAY discover something just because we would like to. At some extent we can explain how the universe was formed which means that we are on the correct truck and we unsterstand physics quite well. To our current understanding there is almost no chance an alien could reach earth.

Tip1: Relativity predicts some hypothetical particles which can travel FASTER than the speed of light with 2 conditions:
1.)They can't slow down below the speed of light.
2.)They are travelling towards the past. Their past is our future and our past is their future.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2012, 10:27 PM by BAndrew.)
10-31-2012, 10:18 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(10-31-2012, 09:55 PM)BAndrew Wrote: Given all that. The possibility of us seeing an alien is 0,00000000000001%
Is a 0,00000000000001%, but there's still a chance, in a 5.000 millions of years, when the sun dies, we would already meet an alien. They are there. Even if they didn't arrive here because they wanted so.

And, we are searching planets with life, why couldn't the aliens do so too?

I've also readed a very interesting thing: A cientist (who's name I don't remain Sad) explained that the space is like a paper. If we fold that paper, two parts of the paper would collide, making a portal.

It's a weird theory, sorry if I explained myself wrong.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-31-2012, 10:28 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

(10-31-2012, 09:52 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: I'm hoping in around 20 to 30 years we will be able to revolutionize space travel.
I'd like to fly my own starship one day. Preferably one bearing the Frictional banner. Corinthian is our weapons. Robosprog is our engineer. Jens is our engines. Statyk is our shields. I'll be captain. We'll flush Gaviao out the airlocks.
[Image: k0iI3.png]

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
10-31-2012, 10:32 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(10-31-2012, 10:28 PM)The chaser Wrote: Is a 0,00000000000001%, but there's still a chance, in a 5.000 millions of years, when the sun dies, we would already meet an alien. They are there. Even if they didn't arrive here because they wanted so.

And, we are searching planets with life, why couldn't the aliens do so too?

I've also readed a very interesting thing: A cientist (who's name I don't remain Sad) explained that the space is like a paper. If we fold that paper, two parts of the paper would collide, making a portal.

It's a weird theory, sorry if I explained myself wrong.
1.)To understand how small this possibility is. It's like winning 9 times in a row the lottery!
2.) They probably do search in their solar system. But there is no point searching hundred light years away.

10-31-2012, 10:32 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

How are YOU going to be captain and put Jens in Engines?

Spoiler below!

[Image: angry-must-resist-l.png]

10-31-2012, 10:34 PM
Find