Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you believe in UFO's?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
37.50%
6 37.50%
No
62.50%
10 62.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you guys think of UFO's?
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
RE: What do you guys think of UFO's?

(10-31-2012, 10:34 PM)Statyk Wrote: How are YOU going to be captain and put Jens in Engines?

Spoiler below!

[Image: angry-must-resist-l.png]

Because the "en" in Jens matches up with the first two letters of engines.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
10-31-2012, 10:35 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

That is the worst logic I've ever heard.
10-31-2012, 10:37 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23

(10-31-2012, 10:35 PM)Zaffre Wrote: Because the "en" in Jens matches up with the first two letters of engines.
Then the captain is Thomas Grip because "ip" matches up the last two letters of starship.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2012, 10:42 PM by BAndrew.)
10-31-2012, 10:41 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(10-31-2012, 10:55 PM)Robosprog Wrote: I never said aliens can reach earth.. *facepalm*
Bet they said that a thousand years ago too, you go on about Einsteins theory of relativity yet fail to understand the actual word.
And don't try and teach me about physics andrew, because I already know what you're telling me, but please, you need to learn what relativity means. Because then you'll understand what I'm talking about.
I do know what relativity means.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

10-31-2012, 10:59 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(10-31-2012, 11:01 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Then use that knowledge to figure out what I'm talking about.
Knowledge is relative.
?!?!?!?!?!? I don't get it. You said that there might be loopholes in einstein's theory. And I replied.

10-31-2012, 11:04 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(10-31-2012, 11:05 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Yes, because knowledge is relative that means that whilst we cannot see loopholes in his theories at the current time that does not mean in a hundred years there won't be any, because knowledge is relative.
I have already replied in that. It doesn't mean that we have the perfect theory in our hands and that we won't find a better one, but we can't claim that there are loopholes just because there is a possibility there could be some.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2012, 11:08 PM by BAndrew.)
10-31-2012, 11:08 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(10-31-2012, 11:14 PM)Robosprog Wrote: You didn't define that clearly enough.

And yes, it does, that's the meaning of knowledge being relative, Einstein himself said "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."Which is basically what knowledge being relative means in science and physics.
Well, this is a paradox because no matter what, there will always be a better explanation or theory about something, which doesn't make sense. So, you can't just say there is a better theory for sure.

The einstein's sentence you mentioned means that the solution to a problem comes from a different kind of thinking than the one it is used to create the problem. For example Zenos paradox. You cannot solve it by using the same logic. You must think of something else (that something else here is the use of time).

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2012, 11:23 PM by BAndrew.)
10-31-2012, 11:21 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(10-31-2012, 11:26 PM)Robosprog Wrote: It isn't a paradox, do you even know what one is? You just said what knowledge being relative means, but I can say there is a better theory because there always will be.
Yes, it is a paradox. An infinite ammount of explanations leads to a paradox as there is not a true explanation.

10-31-2012, 11:27 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(10-31-2012, 09:55 PM)BAndrew Wrote: Well actually no. The basic substance of EVERY organism is water H2O. Water above 373 Kelvin becomes gas and bellow 273 Kelvin it becomes ice. So there is not any organism who can live in a temperature higher than 373 Kelvin and not in a temperature bellow 173 Kelvin(that's because some organisms are more resistant). Also half of the planets in our solar systems are made by gas (have no ground like Earth) and have strong gravitational forces. The other planets have way too high or way too low temperatures (you can confirm that in wikipedia). There is no possible way an alien can live in a planet in our solar system. I cannot deny that there could be aliens light years away from us,but there is no point. The max speed limit in nature is the speed of light. So far so good, that means even if they were travelling nearly with the speed of light it would still take them several years to come here on earth and even more years to come back to their planet. Let's also calculate the possibility of choosing another direction to explore on the universe (not the one leading to our planet which is on of the many possible directions) and the possibility of reaching our solar system.

Given all that. The possibility of us seeing an alien is 0,00000000000001%

Even though i said the very existence of an alien visitor has a good chance of contradicting a lot of what we know about physics and therefore biology, from our discussion on what time is i know that you have difficulty accepting that our knowledge of physics and biology could be denied. What good is probability if the very existence of a specific aircraft creates implications that would deny the assumptions used to measure said probability?

And how can you say an alien would have difficulty living in our solar system? If i were to assume that an alien is indeed the kind of organism that depends on water, wouldn't that mean that we, all living organisms on planet Earth, would all the more cease to exist? Would it be any wonder why an alien from deep outerspace that enters our solar system would ever seek to enter the Earth's atmosphere?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-31-2012, 11:46 PM
Website Find
BAndrew Offline

(10-31-2012, 11:46 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Even though i said the very existence of an alien visitor has a good chance of contradicting a lot of what we know about physics and therefore biology, from our discussion on what time is i know that you have difficulty accepting that our knowledge of physics and biology could be denied. What good is probability if the very existence of a specific aircraft creates implications that would deny the assumptions used to measure said probability?

And how can you say an alien would have difficulty living in our solar system? If i were to assume that an alien is indeed the kind of organism that depends on water, wouldn't that mean that we, all living organisms on planet Earth, would all the more cease to exist? Would it be any wonder why an alien from deep outerspace that enters our solar system would ever seek to enter the Earth's atmosphere?
But that's the point. We are speaking for our current physics. Saying that our knowledge may be denied or that there is something we miss is in my opinion not logical. If is hypothetical. I am not speaking with hypothesis. You have to accept that our knowledge is correct even IF it MAY be proved that at some extent it isn't.

I explained that no planet in our solar system except earth is habitable. An alien can only come from outerspace.

(10-31-2012, 11:55 PM)Robosprog Wrote: *facepalm* "A seemingly contradictory statement that may nonetheless be true" I don't contradict what I said.
You didn't contradict what you said. The paradox that it is created it's that there can't be a real explanation about what is happening and therefore there is no reality.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2012, 12:01 AM by BAndrew.)
10-31-2012, 11:58 PM
Find