Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you believe in UFO's?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
37.50%
6 37.50%
No
62.50%
10 62.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you guys think of UFO's?
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: What do you guys think of UFO's?

Hey hey, no spitting fire.

People don't need evidence to believe something. What would be "beliefs" if that were not the case? Yeah, there may not be evidence, but like I said earlier, everything starts with an IDEA, a THOUGHT. Work on that, research, gather info, and perhaps come up with something. See, in a topic such as UFOs/aliens, if we were to show ANY type of evidence, people like bAndrew or Aldighieri are just going to pass it off as fake or to get attention, whether it be real or not. So providing evidence in a topic such as this only proves to be a waste of effort.
11-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23

(10-31-2012, 11:05 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Yes, because knowledge is relative that means that whilst we cannot see loopholes in his theories at the
current time that does not mean in a hundred years there won't be any, because knowledge is relative.
(11-01-2012, 05:40 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Hate to contradict myself but..
Don't put words in my mouth I never said any of those things, find me a quote or just fuck off, basically.
1.)The "you" in my post does not refer only in you, but in the UFO-supporters here.
2.)What you personally do is claiming that there MIGHT be loopholes in our theories, which might turn out to be true, but i)you can't claim such thing so simply, and ii)using it to prove aliens' possible existance is not very valid

(After rereading your posts I realised that my second argument is wrong)

My post didn't mean to insult you personally. I'm sorry if that's how you understood it. I was just describing the situation I am in here and my view on the luck of valid arguments many people are providing.

(11-01-2012, 05:45 PM)Statyk Wrote: Hey hey, no spitting fire.

People don't need evidence to believe something. What would be "beliefs" if that were not the case? Yeah, there may not be evidence, but like I said earlier, everything starts with an IDEA, a THOUGHT. Work on that, research, gather info, and perhaps come up with something. See, in a topic such as UFOs/aliens, if we were to show ANY type of evidence, people like bAndrew or Aldighieri are just going to pass it off as fake or to get attention, whether it be real or not. So providing evidence in a topic such as this only proves to be a waste of effort.
Wrong! If you have evidence you are welcome to show them to us. That's what I wanted after all! Speak with data and facts and don't be hypothetical. Even if I might don't agree with the evidence you provide I will show respect and I will explain to you formally why I think they are not valid.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2012, 06:06 PM by BAndrew.)
11-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(11-01-2012, 06:37 PM)Robosprog Wrote: And here comes the "SOMEONE SWORE THEY MUST BE ANGRY"
I've never gotten angry on this forum nor do I intend to be so you can all turn off the fire alarms.
I just don't want you to think I have something personal with you.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

11-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: When did i make such a claim? What post in this topic bears evidence of that accusation?
I actually didn't accuse you of making a claim. It just seemed like that's where you were going and I phrased it that way.

Quote: if we were to show ANY type of evidence, people like bAndrew or
Aldighieri are just going to pass it off as fake or to get attention,
whether it be real or not.
What did I say that gave you that idea?

Let me be VERY clear on what I think: You can make a safe bet that there are aliens in the Universe, doesn't make it true, but it's still likely.

You can only make an unsafe bet that there are Aliens on Earth. Doesn't make it false, but I wouldn't hold my breath any time soon.

If anyone can give me CONCLUSIVE evidence that alien life is on Earth (E.G. Published Scientific journals on the nature of said alien ecology, technology, and culture, autopsy reports, or show me an actual alien space ship/body in person up close, etc) THEN I wouldn't have much problem believing you.

Freaky fireworks or odd aircraft of unknown origin is NOT conclusive. I will NOT change my world view based on this, and I WILL be skeptical of it until proven wrong, beyond a reasonable doubt.

Quote: or to get attention,
I have better and more productive ways of getting attention, thank you very much. I wouldn't bother explaining this if I didn't take it seriously.

Quote:You didn't contradict what you said. The paradox that it is created it's that there can't be a real explanation about what is happening and therefore there is no reality.

Umm... what?

Paradox: A paradox is a statement or group of statements that leads to a contradiction or a situation which (if true) defies logic or reason, similar to circular reasoning.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2012, 07:33 PM by Ghieri.)
11-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(11-01-2012, 07:27 PM)Aldighieri Wrote: Let me be VERY clear on what I think: You can make a safe bet that there are aliens in the Universe, doesn't make it true, but it's still likely.
I never said it was true.

Quote:
Quote:or to get attention,
I have better and more productive ways of getting attention, thank you very much. I wouldn't bother explaining this if I didn't take it seriously.

I didn't say YOU were trying to get attention.

"people like bAndrew or Aldighieri are just going to pass it off as fake or to get attention," I was stating that you would claim the people giving "evidence" to be trying to get attention as that's what was stated earlier. Easily misunderstood, I suppose.
11-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(11-01-2012, 07:27 PM)Aldighieri Wrote:
Quote:You didn't contradict what you said. The paradox that it is created it's that there can't be a real explanation about what is happening and therefore there is no reality.

Umm... what?

Paradox: A paradox is a statement or group of statements that leads to a contradiction or a situation which (if true) defies logic or reason, similar to circular reasoning.
I mean if you follow that logic you will come up with infinite explanations and therefore there is not a true one, which means there is no reality.

11-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

I love it how everyone's like " My logic is undeniable, submit now...or you are dumb"

Anyway, carry on discussing... Just don't fall off that high horse Smile

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
11-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

EXACTLY WHAT DOGFOOD SAID, GODDAMMIT GUYS.

Also can we go one of these discussion threads without someone questioning the existence of reality? Please?

Posting Freak
11-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(11-01-2012, 02:58 PM)BAndrew Wrote:
(10-31-2012, 11:46 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Even though i said the very existence of an alien visitor has a good chance of contradicting a lot of what we know about physics and therefore biology

So an alien from outer space accomplishing a goal of visiting our planet Earth from the far reaches of the universe wouldn't contradict not one thing that we know about physics or biology today, not even one of the premises you gave?

(11-01-2012, 02:58 PM)BAndrew Wrote:
(11-01-2012, 12:10 AM)Your Computer Wrote: I only have to assume it correct as far as it is practical.

So, even though contradicted by the very existence of a far away alien lifeform, what we know about physics and biology today would still remain practical in explaining how the alien managed to get here from a solar system that would have required decades of travel or more based on our knowledge of theoretical space travel and how a species is designed to survive?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2012, 11:16 PM by Your Computer.)
11-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Website Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

This thread is just one big laugh.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
11-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Find