Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Are you afraid of the dark?
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Are you afraid of the dark?

At first I wasn't afraid of the dark. But then I played Slender. Now I don't care about the light price Big Grin

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-31-2012, 09:54 AM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

You won't believe what scared me when I was younger and it was dark.
Spoiler below!
The Red PS2 Led. It was so fucking creepy.

listen to boards of canada
10-31-2012, 12:46 PM
Website Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

I used to, when I was younger. But never at home; I have since I can remember been sleeping in total darkness.

However, there is a forrest nearby where I live, and you can earn a couple of minutes by walking through it rather than walking around it. In the winter that forrest becomes so pitch black that you can hold out your hand in front of your face and not see it.

A younger me is walking through that forrest while it is pitch black. Orientation is made through feeling the difference between walking on the path (slightly softer) and walking beside it (hard frozen ground). I suddenly image that I could potentially walk straight into a hobo with a knife (every kid has a healthy fear of hobos? :] ) and he'd gut me. As I imagine that I think I can hear something rustling and I grow a little more nervous, so I set my mind on hearing any potential noises.

"WRAFF!". A shrill bark. My heart skips two beats. A dog and its owner has in the pitch black also been walking through the forrest. It turns out the dog has decided to walk up beside my feet and bark at me.

Edit: Added section on my fears of hobos with knifes ~

I am even younger. Probably seven years old(eight ?). Me and my friend have been staying longer after school playing, and the clock is after five in the afternoon. This is during the beginning of winter so it has become quite dark already.

As we are walking home a man is walking fifty meters behind us. He's wearing a large trenchcoat. My friend looks back at him and says to me "I thought I saw something glint in his hand." "Glint?" I say. "Could it potentially be a knife?". "Maybe" he responds. As both of us discuss it further we grow fearful and decide to walk faster, deviating from our original path home in case we need to hide.

As we walk faster, the man behind us walks faster. "He's after us!" we whisper and start to run. As we turn a corner we see two girls sitting on a large rocky hill by the walking path. With a more mature perspective those girls were probably 14-15, sneaking out to try alcohol in a secluded place. We climb up the hill and hide behind some trees on it.

The man turns around the corner. As he sees the girls he asks:
"Have you seen two small boys walking by?"
"No" they answer.

After the man has left we come out of hiding. What he really wanted I'll never know, but better safe than sorry :]

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2012, 02:04 PM by Acies.)
10-31-2012, 01:46 PM
Find
Melvin Offline

Threads: 38

Yes. My brain gets paranoid if being to long in the dark

[Image: 25F7U37.png]
10-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Website Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

Not usually, but after a physiologically scary game I do not dare to enter an unlit area without turning on the nearest light-switch first.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
11-01-2012, 01:28 AM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

(10-31-2012, 12:46 PM)Hardarm Wrote: You won't believe what scared me when I was younger and it was dark.
Spoiler below!
Good god, you're right. Hell, any LED light's in pitch blackness scared the crap outta me in the dark. Well, mainly except for green ones, they're tolerable. But my TV's power light scared me when I was a kid.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
11-01-2012, 03:16 AM
Find
Dutton Offline

Threads: 3

(10-31-2012, 01:46 PM)Acies Wrote: I am even younger. Probably seven years old(eight ?). Me and my friend have been staying longer after school playing, and the clock is after five in the afternoon. This is during the beginning of winter so it has become quite dark already.

As we are walking home a man is walking fifty meters behind us. He's wearing a large trenchcoat. My friend looks back at him and says to me "I thought I saw something glint in his hand." "Glint?" I say. "Could it potentially be a knife?". "Maybe" he responds. As both of us discuss it further we grow fearful and decide to walk faster, deviating from our original path home in case we need to hide.

As we walk faster, the man behind us walks faster. "He's after us!" we whisper and start to run. As we turn a corner we see two girls sitting on a large rocky hill by the walking path. With a more mature perspective those girls were probably 14-15, sneaking out to try alcohol in a secluded place. We climb up the hill and hide behind some trees on it.

The man turns around the corner. As he sees the girls he asks:
"Have you seen two small boys walking by?"
"No" they answer.

After the man has left we come out of hiding. What he really wanted I'll never know, but better safe than sorry :]

Wow, well i think it's probably best not to speak with such guy, he might have hurt you! damn the whole story was tense!

[Image: 15isy6C]
11-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

Well it's cool not to fear darkness at home. But would you (any of you) be truly scared at the forest at night? I got one just not far from my home. And from time to time I have to walkthrough that f**king forest... at the dark time of day... Oh man! And it's so scary. Darkness. No lights at all. Only blueish silhouettes of trees everywhere. Nearly no sounds, just a tiny winds and my own footsteps. Christ! I'm getting scared as hell and I can't control my fears in any way... hmm... very similar to Slender, but with no lights at all and... it's a reality. It's scary and you can't stand it, no way. So there's a situation when I do truly fear of darkness.

P.S. No jokes. Seriously.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2012, 12:00 PM by Alex Ros.)
11-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Website Find
maarten12100 Offline

Threads: 0

(11-02-2012, 11:57 AM)Alex Ros Wrote: Well it's cool not to fear darkness at home. But would you (any of you) be truly scared at the forest at night? I got one just not far from my home. And from time to time I have to walkthrough that f**king forest... at the dark time of day... Oh man! And it's so scary. Darkness. No lights at all. Only blueish silhouettes of trees everywhere. Nearly no sounds, just a tiny winds and my own footsteps. Christ! I'm getting scared as hell and I can't control my fears in any way... hmm... very similar to Slender, but with no lights at all and... it's a reality. It's scary and you can't stand it, no way. So there's a situation when I do truly fear of darkness.

P.S. No jokes. Seriously.
But it came from the forrest!
And it took your girlfriend and is now coming for you!

Sorry couldn't resist.

I myself live near the dunes which are actually alot like slender's standard map only it is way bigger.
There is a place to shelter from wind and rain which is 4 compartments and looks like the wall with 4 corners.
Also there's a pump building.
A caravan/trailer.
A thick oak tree 1,5m in diameter I think.
And I guess there are various other slender like places in the dunes.

But no I don't fear dark as the Netherlands relatively safe.

(11-01-2012, 03:16 AM)Potato Wrote:
(10-31-2012, 12:46 PM)Hardarm Wrote: You won't believe what scared me when I was younger and it was dark.
Spoiler below!
Good god, you're right. Hell, any LED light's in pitch blackness scared the crap outta me in the dark. Well, mainly except for green ones, they're tolerable. But my TV's power light scared me when I was a kid.
That is right I associated it with a camera as the disk tray of my ps2 made that sound.
The fact the pc would go to sleep also scared me as a kid from solid to blinking.

(10-31-2012, 01:47 PM)SmokeMelvin Wrote: Yes. My brain gets paranoid if being to long in the dark
Daniel, Daniel is that you.
falling to the ground if standing in darkness for more than a minute :genius: Dodgy
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2012, 12:32 PM by maarten12100.)
11-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Find
Alex Ros Offline

Threads: 46

Quote:But it came from the forrest! And it took your girlfriend and is now coming for you! Sorry couldn't resist.
I don't mind any sort of jokings. So no real need to sorry.
But if seriously it's not about that you afraid of something. No. It's not that way. You do know there's nothing outhere, you do know there's no one's here, you do know... bla-bla-bla... but still fear just creeps into you as long as you go through the dark forest and that's all. That's not the fear of something or someone. No. It's just fear itself without any reason.
11-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Website Find