Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[MODEL] Zippo Lantern
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: [MODEL] Zippo Lantern

(10-31-2012, 07:26 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: That phone looks unique. It even shows the "meter" you can only see in the inventory.

But it seems to drain quite quickly, though.
It was for demonstration purposes. It will most certainly last much longer in game. But don't make this thread about my phone, please. =P

How did you get the flame on the zippo working?
10-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Find
ZodiaC Offline

Threads: 8

(10-31-2012, 06:32 PM)Statyk Wrote: Sorry D:
you shouldn't be! Smile
I'm dying to see how the animation works+On loading screen..
You also stole all my glory!!!

(10-31-2012, 07:38 PM)Statyk Wrote: How did you get the flame on the zippo working?
I thought you were the one who told me how to do this... Undecided
Anyway I extracted the frames from one of the particles, made it billboard, created a light and connected it with billboard, then I dublicated the light and the billboard, changed it's material,added the flicker option and played with the settings for both of the lights...I tryed to add more billboards because the extraction of te particle gave me 4 frames but the result was awful...
That's it!
I hope the explanation was clear enough...

(10-31-2012, 07:48 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Anyway.. looks really good, and would be great to use it in some sort of modern custom story, imagine exploring an abandoned mental asylum with only a zippo for light..
The good thing with the zippo is that it makes the whole place scarier...It's kind of hard to explain..The normal lantern lets the player to have a wide lighted(visible) area but the zippo gives you very tiny area so it makes the player unable to know what is he going to see until he is close enough...Hope explained it right.. Undecided

(10-31-2012, 06:46 PM)Aldighieri Wrote: Don't let that stop you. If you have a mechanic you want to implement, you shouldn't let anything stop you.
You're right but instead of this I could create something else so we won't have the same item twice...And after all it would be a spoil, right?

[Image: 2H1Mc.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2012, 09:16 PM by ZodiaC.)
10-31-2012, 08:53 PM
Find
nalydTheGreat Offline

Threads: 0

I like the model, its very creative, but is there a way to make it brighter?
I understand that the low light is how it was intended to be but it would be nicer if i could see the same distance, I guess however unrealistic that might be
06-10-2019, 12:53 AM
Find