Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Hi everyone
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
RE: Hi everyone

(11-01-2012, 11:39 PM)Statyk Wrote:
(11-01-2012, 11:26 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: Your best bet would be to ask in the custom story's thread in the Showcase forum. If there is a bug in the custom story's scripts, it is the creator who is responsible.

When it comes to custom stories, the Frictional Community does not take kindly to the following:

1. Focus on jumpscares (especially "flying naked guys")

2. Low quality mapping, level design, writing, and/or grammar

3. Excessive use of monsters

4. Lack of a story

5. Illegally ripped, copyrighted content

6. Simple, repetitive puzzles

7. Overused themes (such as PewDiePie maps)

Basically, if there is little care put into it, why should we get care out of it?
Because the people who make these kinds of maps are center of the universes and believe everyone should love and appreciate their shitty work?

[Image: p229xcq]
11-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

Hello and welcome to the Frictional Games forum. You can discuss whatever you like about Frictional's works, but we do not appreciate the following (note: if you see the words "story" or "map", we are referring to a custom story. A custom story is a user-created series of levels of Amnesia: The Dark Descent.):

1. Stories with lots of jumpscares in them.
2. Stories involving My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
3. Ponies being posted anywhere other than the Pony Megathread.
4. Random things being posted anywhere than the Random Stuff thread (or the IRC chat).
5. Bad mapping.
6. Pirated content.

If you need mapping support, just ask some of the helpful souls around the forum. Some prime examples may be JMFStorm, Statyk, and other custom story developers. If you decide to make your own custom story, visit the wiki instead of asking about for help here.

In case you are wondering, we do not like PewDiePie. He plays poorly made maps and gives them attention whereas other stories like Franz Liszt and Icarus: The Prelude that are much better get too little attention.

Also keep in mind that we do not take horror games as a joke. We take these kinds of games seriously, and if you think it's funny to make joke things in whatever you make we will regard you with frustration. Easter eggs within stories are fine. For instance, in my upcoming story, the name of a Brute within the level editor is "mr_tall", a reference to the Amnesia let's play of Mangaminx.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you have a great stay.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2012, 12:07 AM by Zaffre.)
11-02-2012, 12:06 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(11-02-2012, 12:06 AM)Zaffre Wrote: If you need mapping support, just ask some of the helpful souls around the forum. Some prime examples may be JMFStorm, Statyk, and other custom story developers. If you decide to make your own custom story, visit the wiki instead of asking about for help here.
While I appreciate the offer, I'd rather the forum not refer members to other users when they need help. If needed, open up a thread and many inputs can be given. Or look up the wiki or Articles section for tutorials and help.
11-02-2012, 12:13 AM
Find
ZodiaC Offline

Threads: 8

(11-02-2012, 12:06 AM)Zaffre Wrote: 3. Ponies being posted anywhere other than the Pony Megathread.
Seriously what's going on with the pony-thing in this Forum???

Anyway welcome to the forum dabro! I see the "rules" were posted so many times so I guess you won't be able to justify yourself.

[Image: 2H1Mc.jpg]
11-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

(11-01-2012, 11:24 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Don't worry, we aren't mad at you or anything... Hell, I'm a brony, and I think that The Small Horse is crap.
Oh, I don't think you guys are mad at me. I just hate jumpscare maps.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
11-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(11-02-2012, 12:20 AM)ZodiaC Wrote:
(11-02-2012, 12:06 AM)Zaffre Wrote: 3. Ponies being posted anywhere other than the Pony Megathread.

Anyway welcome to the forum dabro! I see the "rules" were posted so many times so I guess you won't be able to justify yourself.
I, personally, don't care if a pony is posted here or there. But once it gets out of control, THEN it gets kind of annoying. I don't know why people have this idea that any pony material outside of the Pony Megathread will be slaughtered... The Megathread was just made so MLP fans could contain themselves and talk about the show. But now, it just mainly consists of Corinthian Market updating it with many of his Deviantart searches.
11-02-2012, 12:24 AM
Find
ZodiaC Offline

Threads: 8

(11-02-2012, 12:24 AM)Statyk Wrote: I, personally, don't care if a pony is posted here or there. But once it gets out of control, THEN it gets kind of annoying. I don't know why people have this idea that any pony material outside of the Pony Megathread will be slaughtered... The Megathread was just made so MLP fans could contain themselves and talk about the show. But now, it just mainly consists of Corinthian Market updating it with many of his Deviantart searches.
Seriously ponies out of control???I guess you stopped the pony Apocalypse! I never thought that people love so much ponies..

[Image: 2H1Mc.jpg]
11-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

(11-02-2012, 12:20 AM)ZodiaC Wrote:

It's okay sometimes, but sometimes a thread may go off the rails with pony stuff. So we ask them to be posted within the megathread, to contain this kind of thing.

I can safely say that since the megathread's creation it has gotten better.

Disregard this post. Do not base the thread on this post or pony posts. Just welcome him. Okay? No derailing.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
11-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Find
Brosive Offline

Thanks everybody, I really appreciate it.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
11-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Find
Solitary Walker Offline

(11-02-2012, 12:24 AM)Statyk Wrote: I, personally, don't care if a pony is posted here or there. But once it gets out of control, THEN it gets kind of annoying. I don't know why people have this idea that any pony material outside of the Pony Megathread will be slaughtered... The Megathread was just made so MLP fans could contain themselves and talk about the show. But now, it just mainly consists of Corinthian Market updating it with many of his Deviantart searches.
Corinthian Market

If we kill the source, we kill the ponies.

Disregard Everything; Acquire Aesthetics
11-02-2012, 12:32 AM
Find