Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Hi everyone
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9
Hi everyone

Hi, I'm new to the forum and yesterday I posted a thread about a error I had in a custom story. A mod told me the no one could really help me since almost everyone on the forum doesn't really like those kind of custom stories. So, I wanted to know a little bit about the forum before I make my next post.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
11-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84
RE: Hi everyone

WELCOME YOUNG ONE, TO THE FREEMASONS!

#Realtalk

I see that you are new to this forum, so I'll do my best to explain the basics.

1. We are a very, for the lack of a better word, a very patriotic modding community. Low-quality work are not appreciated.

2. Don't make crappy maps.

3. Ponies are tolerated inside the Pony Megathread.

4. Don't critisize the grorious moddu.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2012, 10:00 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
11-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Find
TheBlastPassage Offline

Threads: 18

This is a good thread Big Grin Good job asking for advice before posting any support threads.

Before posing, read the troubleshooting guides and forum rules. Sadly, there isn't always a fix for bugs that are only in custom stories because Frictional Games doesn't make them. So asking for help with custom stories should be on the forum of the creator of the custom story you need help on.

Another thing is to make sure you are posting in the right place. Make sure you are under the correct game and correct category. For example: don't post an Amnesia: The Dark Descent crash in the Amnesia general discussion.

Another thing which I really haven't seen too many problems with around here thankfully is being rude or just being mean to others. Don't rage or put somebody down here. And don't retaliate to that either.

For example: Let's say I were to ask a really obvious question and somebody were to call me an idiot for asking it, chances are a moderator will lock the thread as quickly as possible and if necessary, warn or ban the offending user.

Anyway, feel free to reply to this thread if I forgot to answer something. Big Grin

11-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Using common sense usually goes far.

11-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Website Find
Brosive Offline

Thank you everyone for replying. I would like to add one more thing. I wasn't quite sure when the mod told me those kind of custom stories. Do you know what he was talking about. (I was asking for help about The Small Horse part C)

11-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Basically any custom unrelated to horror and just plain ridiculous. They're pretty condemned and infamous around here. Why? Because a little while back, we had a flood of PewDiePie fans coming in here, flooding in error problem threads, and the Showcase thread was being bombarded with unserious and broken custom stories. Imported models were overused, too many naked man or "Teleporting naked guy" jumpscares, it was uncontrollable.

They've been going away significantly lately, and we've finally been getting back into more serious stories, but it still scarred (NOT scared) the community a bit. It was pretty bad. People began arguing a lot more, and things were just BAD. Stories were BAD (like Nintendo Castle Horror, The Small Horse, House of Creep series, etc...) And we've just grown to condemned those stories. =\ Now when people make these stories without being aware of these occurrences, they just get flamed to hell. I don't blame any of them though. Amnesia is a horror game. Not nonsensical silliness. I'd like to keep it that way when I go to play a custom story...
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2012, 10:58 PM by Statyk.)
11-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Find
Brosive Offline

(11-01-2012, 10:57 PM)Statyk Wrote: Basically any custom unrelated to horror and just plain ridiculous. They're pretty condemned and infamous around here. Why? Because a little while back, we had a flood of PewDiePie fans coming in here, flooding in error problem threads, and the Showcase thread was being bombarded with unserious and broken custom stories. Imported models were overused, too many naked man or "Teleporting naked guy" jumpscares, it was uncontrollable.

They've been going away significantly lately, and we've finally been getting back into more serious stories, but it still scarred (NOT scared) the community a bit. It was pretty bad. People began arguing a lot more, and things were just BAD. Stories were BAD (like Nintendo Castle Horror, The Small Horse, House of Creep series, etc...) And we've just grown to condemned those stories. =\ Now when people make these stories without being aware of these occurrences, they just get flamed to hell. I don't blame any of them though. Amnesia is a horror game. Not nonsensical silliness. I'd like to keep it that way when I go to play a custom story...
Ok now I understand, I know what you mean I hate Pewdiepie maps because of how poorly they were made. The only reason I was playing the small horse was because a friend of mine watched his favorite LPer play it and told me to play it. I decided to, so I played it he watched and when the game crashed he got pissed at me, so I thought the only way to shut him up was to ask, but I only really like playing custom stories like La Caza, Followed by Death, stuff like that. I really don't know what he found interesting in The Small Horse.

11-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Don't worry, we aren't mad at you or anything... Hell, I'm a brony, and I think that The Small Horse is crap.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
11-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

(11-01-2012, 10:50 PM)dabro Wrote: Thank you everyone for replying. I would like to add one more thing. I wasn't quite sure when the mod told me those kind of custom stories. Do you know what he was talking about. (I was asking for help about The Small Horse part C)
Your best bet would be to ask in the custom story's thread in the Showcase forum. If there is a bug in the custom story's scripts, it is the creator who is responsible.

When it comes to custom stories, the Frictional Community does not take kindly to the following:

1. Focus on jumpscares (especially "flying naked guys")
2. Low quality mapping, level design, writing, and/or grammar
3. Excessive use of monsters
4. Lack of a story
5. Illegally ripped, copyrighted content
6. Simple, repetitive puzzles
7. Overused themes (such as PewDiePie maps)

^(;,;)^
11-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(11-01-2012, 11:26 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: Your best bet would be to ask in the custom story's thread in the Showcase forum. If there is a bug in the custom story's scripts, it is the creator who is responsible.

When it comes to custom stories, the Frictional Community does not take kindly to the following:

1. Focus on jumpscares (especially "flying naked guys")
2. Low quality mapping, level design, writing, and/or grammar
3. Excessive use of monsters
4. Lack of a story
5. Illegally ripped, copyrighted content
6. Simple, repetitive puzzles
7. Overused themes (such as PewDiePie maps)
Basically, if there is little care put into it, why should we get care out of it?
11-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Find