Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Will Frictional Games make more Sea/Air monsters?
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
Will Frictional Games make more Sea/Air monsters?

After the Penumbra series, and Amnesia 1, I've began to wonder when will they make more sea creatures and aerial creatures? All they've done, mostly, are ground monsters.

I and others here in the forum are trying to have a story with a lot of sea monsters and sea stuff, but with only one invisible monster to work with it's not going well. The sea is largely unexplored and plenty of real life critters down there are scary looking, and they are the known monsters. Plenty of good and terrifying stories can be made from this realm.

Flying monsters are another set of good monsters that Frictional Games hasn't made much use of. Imagine in a dark forest, where horrific bat-like (at least echo locating) swoop down to kill you and you can't hide from them nor see them well!
11-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
RE: Will Frictional Games make more Sea/Air monsters?

*looks at name*
*looks at avatar*
*looks at signature*
*looks at posts*
*looks at threads started*

You really do like monsters dont you ? Smile

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
11-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Don't tell anyone, but I think The Rock Worm has a monster fetish...

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
11-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: I've began to wonder when will they make more sea creatures and aerial
creatures? All they've done, mostly, are ground monsters.
Pathfinding would be a bitch.

Ground monsters are simple. Also, they aren't going to add water or flying monsters unless it fits in their story.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
11-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Monsters like this would have to be animated and scripted to be monsters specifically. You couldn't use the normal model variables for say, a Grunt, on a flying monster. It'd be like the Penumbra Worm.
11-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(11-01-2012, 10:52 PM)DogFood Wrote: *looks at name*
*looks at avatar*
*looks at signature*
*looks at posts*
*looks at threads started*

You really do like monsters dont you ? Smile
LOL guilty as charged! I don't have problems with humanoid ones like the Amnesia ones, and those Infected from Penumbra made me nervouse when I first encountered them, but I do love monsters. I don't mind if I got scared/freaked out by sea monsters made by Frictional Games, even though I desire to explore those depths.

(11-01-2012, 11:01 PM)Statyk Wrote: Monsters like this would have to be animated and scripted to be monsters specifically. You couldn't use the normal model variables for say, a Grunt, on a flying monster. It'd be like the Penumbra Worm.

True, new scripting would be needed/varibles. No idea how difficult or long it would be, but would be worth it to add to the scares in new story possibilities.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2012, 11:27 PM by The Rock Worm.)
11-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Would love sea monsters.... Just don't see how it would fit into AMFP o.O

[Image: luv.gif]
11-02-2012, 01:40 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(11-02-2012, 01:40 AM)Lucke Wrote: Would love sea monsters.... Just don't see how it would fit into AMFP o.O
I think it would have to be a new game entirely. What setting would Frictional Games put them in? Exploring the ocean depths? A deep sea research facility?

A thought just occurred to me, what kind of sea monster would they make? Humanoid, gigantic and more horrifying version of known deep sea life, or merfolk?
11-02-2012, 01:46 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I agree.

Underwater has to be one of my favourite settings.

Although, with FG being an indie company I don't know if they'd struggle pulling it off, especially with the HPL game engines. Maybe in the future though....

[Image: luv.gif]
11-02-2012, 01:57 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(11-02-2012, 01:57 AM)Lucke Wrote: I agree.

Underwater has to be one of my favourite settings.

Although, with FG being an indie company I don't know if they'd struggle pulling it off, especially with the HPL game engines. Maybe in the future though....
I think yes in the future they would. With the Kaernk they took the first step to water monsters. I hope to see more water creatures.
11-02-2012, 04:15 AM
Find