Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Virus program causing conflict with Black Plague
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Virus program causing conflict with Black Plague

Now I should told this earlier, but since I solved it myself I didn´t.

Anyways I have a virusprogram called F-Secure. I think it is made by Norton. The program is provided by our ISP.

Anyways, the conflict is not with penumbra.exe, the problem is with setup.exe on the CD. If the virus program is running, setup.exe won´t start, and penumbra.exe won´t recognize the CD, if you´ve managed to install the game.

The solution is

1. Disable the virusprogram.

2. If that doesn´t work, open the Task Manager and look at Processes. There should be a "fssm32.exe" there, if you´ve popped in the CD this process will take up 150+ MB of the RAM. Close the process in order to proceed (you might have to repeat this several times, it has a tendency to restart).

I got the boxed version of P:BP from webhallen.com. I assume that this problem is nothing that Frictional can do anything about, since I assume that Paradox makes the CDs?
03-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Virus program causing conflict with Black Plague

Hmm, maybe the antivirus software detected the infected creatures ^^

Strange problem though, sounds like copy protection mishaps.

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
03-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Virus program causing conflict with Black Plague

Thaliur Wrote:Hmm, maybe the antivirus software detected the infected creatures ^^

Strange problem though, sounds like copy protection mishaps.
yeah, I think so too.
03-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Find