Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lines in CS's
xremeidiot Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Lines in CS's

I have a windows desktop, I believe it is 64-bit. In every custom story I play, there is at least one problem. In my own, my mouse does nothing. In everything else, the mouse doesn't work AND all of the white lines on the edges of the polygons are showing. This wasn't happening before I started getting into the nitty gritty of putting my level in the Custom Stories. I think there might be a problem in some .cfg file somewhere, but I'm not sure. No idea where to start looking.
11-11-2012, 06:02 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Lines in CS's

(11-11-2012, 06:02 AM)xremeidiot Wrote: I have a windows desktop, I believe it is 64-bit. In every custom story I play, there is at least one problem. In my own, my mouse does nothing. In everything else, the mouse doesn't work AND all of the white lines on the edges of the polygons are showing. This wasn't happening before I started getting into the nitty gritty of putting my level in the Custom Stories. I think there might be a problem in some .cfg file somewhere, but I'm not sure. No idea where to start looking.
If you think that you might have made a typo on one of the settings keys in a cfg (that's not just involving Shift), go to this thread
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-18968.html
and download my support pack (and Geany, if you haven't already), then activate the My Cthulhu color theme, and you should easily spot which setting you mistyped (unless you're color blind, of course).
The pack contains a complete checklist of all cfg keys. The only shortcoming, is that it's case insensitive.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

11-11-2012, 06:44 AM
Find
xremeidiot Offline

Threads: 1

ok now where do I extract the files to in the .zip you provided? everything I try sends a message saying most can't be allowed
11-11-2012, 07:05 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(11-11-2012, 07:05 AM)xremeidiot Wrote: ok now where do I extract the files to in the .zip you provided? everything I try sends a message saying most can't be allowed
You extract the package into a temporary folder. The package contains instructions for where you install each individual file within it.
I'm not clear on which program is sending the "can't be allowed" message. Is it the extractor, or is it your operating system? What exactly does the message say?

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

11-11-2012, 07:13 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Delete Documents/Amnesia/Main/main_settings.cfg and Documents/Amnesia/Main/<YourAmnesiaProfile>/user_settings.cfg, and restart the game. This will at least help get rid of the white outlines.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
11-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Website Find