Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stories up for grabs
LoneWolfGen Offline

Threads: 2
Brick  Stories up for grabs

Note: I have no interest in learning how to level design and code for Amnesia Custom Stories, but have a knack for making the story lines and notes. If you suck at stories, this is for you. If you’re good at stories, then read this for references/ideas. If you're here to complain that people should make their own stories, why I shouldn't be doing this, blah blah blah, then bugger off please.

Let's begin:

Totalitaria (Taken from some school assignment):

A small little island named Totalitaria is a small and simple place for single minded beings. It holds no wars, no conflicts, and everyone is very equal. The Three Wise Men, who are basically the government, decide everything for everyone because they know what's best. Your father, however, thought very differently. After smuggling history books from all over the world, he began to think that this was not the best system for any society on the planet. That maybe a more adventurous (and dangerous) system was a better one. Because of his different, "evil" thoughts, he had simply disappeared to be reprogrammed. Before he was sent away, however, he left his son his works, and a description of what he must do. His son must escape from the controlling island, and find a place to better himself, and one day free everyone else from the brainwashing system.

Online link to the story here .

Proper Handling:

In Camelot, Catholicism is the most popular religion. Not only do they believe in a higher power with his disciples, but they also believe in a greater evil with his followers. You yourself have been condemned to be one of those followers. It's not your fault, however, as possession is uncontrollable. The public, as fully as they understand, know of this and wish for you to be gone for all eternity along with the demon's soul. Court was a public announcement by the Catholic Head Priest, saying you were to be taken to the torture chamber to be "properly" handled. Before the torturer even gets started, the earth shakes, and a soldier calls the man to fight the new war that the dark knights have started. Breaking out of the restraints, you must find your way out of the hell hole alive, venturing through sewers, gardens, and the castle itself. The Demon, however, still wishes to complete the possession process, and challenges both your mental and physical ability in an imaginary realm every once in a while.

The Banishing:

Your name is Sledge, a high priest of a secret society branched from the Roman Catholic Church. The society doesn’t involve preaching as much as it does banishing. The society is highly religious, yet exists for the purposes of finding Demons wherever they find a way to earth and send them back to Hell. You have been given a new assignment that involves going to a small village in Finland and sending a Demoness back to Hell before she destroys the village. Once you’re there, however, some citizens make it obvious that they do not approve of your arrival. Ones are stalking you with a vengeance, and you find that they are part of a pagan religion. As you hunt down the Demoness ravaging the village at night, they hunt you down all 24 hours to rid their people of doubt and curiosity.

Experimental Teachings (More suited to Penumbra imo):

It's just another average day at school (This is where some early character development happens). You're in one of your classes when some soldiers with guns and gasmasks come in and do an under-the-radar lockdown. The pull kids in one by one in a sound proof room, each one coming out with bruises, and scarred memories that would haunt them forever. Then, one new kid is opposing the soldiers, kicking and screaming that this was a huge mistake. The soldiers ignore him, almost driven further to bring him into that room quickly. As the interrogation goes on, the screams become audible even behind the sound proof barrier. The final moment of the kid you knew came to pass as a blood curdling, monster scream came from the room as gunfire and thundering slams echoed the hallways. Once it all stopped, you gain enough balls to open the door and make the reveal. All the soldiers are dead, stomachs sizzling on the floor and intestines made into vines through the ceiling. The worst part of this is the kid is nowhere to be seen among the gore, and panting can be heard through the ventilation.

If you want input (such as how I think the story should go, characters, etc), then just message me and I will deliver. If you want me to write the notes because you want to adopt one of these, then message me still. If you’re just trolling and/or hate this post, I won’t dignify you with any response unless I feel witty and smrt.

Only rule about "claiming". Whoever publishes the finished version first wins.
11-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Stories up for grabs

(11-29-2012, 10:14 PM)LoneWolfGen Wrote: If you're here to complain that people should make their own stories, why I shouldn't be doing this, blah blah blah, then bugger off please.
You could have not been so rude about it but, at least you make it clear Smile

On the first, although that story doesn't lend itself well to an Amnesia mod, I think it would make for a far more compelling world if the people living there weren't brainwashed, but had a totally rational and believable reason for wanting to live there. Not everyone in the real world needed to be brainwashed in order to live quite happily under what we see as an oppressive regime, just a very different way of looking at the world - that, to me at least, makes for a much more interesting issue, more interesting and believable characters, and genuine moral questions for the player to consider.
Also, if I was in an extremely powerful 3 man dictatorship, I wouldn't call my island 'Totalitaria', that's just asking for trouble
11-29-2012, 10:57 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

The Banishing sounds like it would be more fitting for a Diablo addon or the like. Not that it's bad, but it's pretty standard holy-knight-against-demons stuff is what I'm saying. Maybe you could try and make it more ambigous and interesting somehow?

Think of Shadow over Innsmouth for example. The Deep Ones could be considered evil in what they ask of the people of Innsmouth, but they have also brought prosperity to them in return. It's sort of a symbiosis and thus perfectly understandable why the villagers would choose to make a bargain with them and defend their secret towards outsiders.

Also the motivations of the protagonist for investigating the village are a at first not directly connected to what's really happening there, so the reader (or player in case of the Call of Cthulhu - game) can discover the secrets along with the protagonist which makes for a more intriguing story arc overall.
I personally find that approach more interesting than simply getting an order to "go there, destroy that" from a superior.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2012, 03:15 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
11-30-2012, 03:14 PM
Find
LoneWolfGen Offline

Threads: 2

(11-29-2012, 10:57 PM)Adrianis Wrote:
(11-29-2012, 10:14 PM)LoneWolfGen Wrote: If you're here to complain that people should make their own stories, why I shouldn't be doing this, blah blah blah, then bugger off please.

You could have not been so rude about it but, at least you make it clear Smile

On the first, although that story doesn't lend itself well to an Amnesia mod, I think it would make for a far more compelling world if the people living there weren't brainwashed, but had a totally rational and believable reason for wanting to live there. Not everyone in the real world needed to be brainwashed in order to live quite happily under what we see as an oppressive regime, just a very different way of looking at the world - that, to me at least, makes for a much more interesting issue, more interesting and believable characters, and genuine moral questions for the player to consider.
Also, if I was in an extremely powerful 3 man dictatorship, I wouldn't call my island 'Totalitaria', that's just asking for trouble

Brainwash:
Make (someone) adopt radically different beliefs by using systematic and often forcible pressure.

Although I see where you are coming from, brainwashed doesn't necessarily mean that their reasons are not rational. It simply means that they think that what they believe is rational. If I you were to go to Korea, you would hear a completely different story of the Korean War. Some would think that they were brainwashed, but it's really point of view and what has been taught. Either way, however, it's still about perspective, and I think brainwash is a viable word to use.

(11-30-2012, 03:14 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
The Banishing sounds like it would be more fitting for a Diablo addon or the like. Not that it's bad, but it's pretty standard holy-knight-against-demons stuff is what I'm saying. Maybe you could try and make it more ambigous and interesting somehow?

Think of Shadow over Innsmouth for example. The Deep Ones could be considered evil in what they ask of the people of Innsmouth, but they have also brought prosperity to them in return. It's sort of a symbiosis and thus perfectly understandable why the villagers would choose to make a bargain with them and defend their secret towards outsiders.

Also the motivations of the protagonist for investigating the village are a at first not directly connected to what's really happening there, so the reader (or player in case of the Call of Cthulhu - game) can discover the secrets along with the protagonist which makes for a more intriguing story arc overall.
I personally find that approach more interesting than simply getting an order to "go there, destroy that" from a superior.

These are the baby steps of the story. What you want to do with them is your decision. It's like a marble block. I supply the block, but it's your job to refine it in whatever way your heart desires. I made it simple to keep it flexible. Although if you wished to adopt this story, I see that you could absolutely do some interesting things with it. Smile

LoneWolfGen (Josh Demon)

"Now leave me alone, I am off to destroy your brother!" - Christopher Titus
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2012, 10:01 PM by LoneWolfGen.)
11-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Find