Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Big Picture - Launched!
Chap Offline

Threads: 16
Big Picture - Launched!

So just a few hours ago Steam launched their software update - Big Picture

I just checked it out and it looks really gorgeous. In terms of software, it's nothing new and unique but it's a nice little addition to steam.

In short it's a new format for steam which you can use with a controller and it's designed primarily to be used on the sofa with your controller but of course you can still use it on a keyboard and mouse at your desk, though there isn't much point other than it looks fancy.

If you haven't seen it yet here's what it looks like
Spoiler below!
[Image: steambigpicg8306.jpg]

And here's my question to you guys - What do you think of it and are you likely to use it, is it useful to you?

[Image: 20643.png]
12-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Big Picture - Launched!

Bah! I have no use for this newfangled nonsense! I clicked on that button out of curiosity and then I couldn't figure out how to switch back! Angry

(Yes, I eventually found out how.)
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2012, 08:02 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
12-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Find
Chap Offline

heh, i think you can just press Esc or un the worst case altF4 xD, yeah i dont really have much use of it at the moment but if i had it set up in my living room with a massive tv then i would probably enjoy using it

12-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Yeah, probably... although, if I had a massive TV, my Playstation or Gamecube would be connected to that, not my PC. If I want to play games that are better suited for controller, I play on console, everything else I play on computer, with mouse and keyboard.
So I don't really see what Valve are trying to achieve with this - but hey, they have to keep themselves busy somehow, I guess Wink
12-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Find
Chap Offline

yeah that's true i would do the same, though i dont own any modern consoles these days, i simple game on my pc and thats it. its pretty much a sink hole for my money xD

12-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

Controllers are for console, PC is keyboard and mouse, as it is a superior controll system, More controll functions, higher accuracy, and far faster response time.

Beleive me, I am not happy about this new, console style set up, as its got me very worried, console style interfaces smack of trying to attract casual gamers. Are valve selling us out? are they going to start cloning call of duty as well now, like every other 2 bit casual gamer focussed sell out? making them for consoles and then rush porting full of bugs to pc? is there NO hope for hardcore gaming anymore?

ok, im probably panicking over nothing, but, either way, it is very worrying for me.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2012, 08:34 PM by the dark side.)
12-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Find