Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Resurrecting Threads: New Accounts, Please Read
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Resurrecting Threads: New Accounts, Please Read

Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion doing good so far when mods not being lazy to merge duplicate threads on the same subj. All the AMFP-related stuff in one thread. Neat.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
12-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Well, the resurrecting threads isn't the bigger problem, but what if you need to bump a 2 month old thread (your CS thread, for example?) I mean, you shouldn't resurrect a thread, but if it's your CS and you have to update it, you must bump it.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
12-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Simple answer: If you have something constructive to add to an old thread, you're always welcome to dig it up.

This is in general, but there are a couple specific exceptions though.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2012, 12:41 PM by Kreekakon.)
12-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

I'd say:
- Don't revive old threads concerning "first map attempts" or "let's players"

The rest is fair game in my view. Why create a new thread about a valid subject when there's already a thread for it?

I find it more frustrating seeing people write "necro!" as if they're some sort of infant whom have just learned a new word ("mommy!") - it doesn't really add anything to the discussion and the closest relation would be "spam".

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

12-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

(12-06-2012, 12:51 PM)Acies Wrote: I'd say:

The rest is fair game in my view. Why create a new thread about a valid subject when there's already a thread for it?

I find it more frustrating seeing people write "necro!" as if they're some sort of infant whom have just learned a new word ("mommy!") - it doesn't really add anything to the discussion and the closest relation would be "spam".
I think you're on the right track. When I created this thread, I wasn't talking about existing threads. Those are fine. if you want to continue a thread about something and you have something to contribute, go ahead. Custom stories (to an extent) are fine too. But if you know that they purposefully posted in an old thread without anything to contribute you know that they shouldn't have done it.

For instance, take a look at this thread. It was a collection of Thomas's old drawings from his time in the military. Somebody recently posted in this thread. This thread died out over two years ago. He would have seen the "Modeling/art non-related to Amnesia" thread but he posted there anyway. This is a valid new post in an old thread which should not have happened.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2012, 02:05 PM by Zaffre.)
12-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(12-06-2012, 05:40 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(12-06-2012, 12:51 PM)Acies Wrote: I'd say:

.. that necro thing directed at anyone in particular? Wink
Nope! Big Grin No one should feel "pointed out" - I've seen a lot of people doing it

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

12-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Find
Earthykiller127 Offline

Threads: 10

if you dont resurrect a thread
everyone who were inside die

I'll make it short
I am
Spoiler below!
Black ☆ Rock Shooter