Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Demo worked fine but terrible tearing on full game
redperil68 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Demo worked fine but terrible tearing on full game

I hope there is an easy solution to this.

I installed the demo and it ran fine with no graphical problems at all so thought I'd purchase from gamersgate.

I installed the full game and patch and to my horror (sic) the game had terrible screen tearing (the worst I have ever seen) - this using the same settings as the demo which had none.

The game is almost unplayable as it just kills the tension.

My spec is

BFG OC NVIDIA 8800GT 512 MB
2GB RAM
Vista Ultimate
200 GB HD
Creative Audigy 2 ZS with ALchemy installed

I have the latest drivers etc and am initially very annoyed about this. When it says try the demo to make sure it works that is what I expect as I feel the game has been mis-sold in its current state.
03-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Demo worked fine but terrible tearing on full game

Try change the graphic settings...
Lower resolution, lower or higher graphic settings. Or changing the other graphic settings (Off to On, On to Off) and such things.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2008, 04:31 PM by Ano.)
03-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Demo worked fine but terrible tearing on full game

Make sure that you are using vsync in the game and also make sure that you are not forcing the vsync to off in the nvidia control panel. Or force the vsync to on using the nvidia control panel. Does that change anything?
03-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Website Find
redperil68 Offline

Threads: 1

jens Wrote:Make sure that you are using vsync in the game and also make sure that you are not forcing the vsync to off in the nvidia control panel. Or force the vsync to on using the nvidia control panel. Does that change anything?

Thanks Jens I cannot believe I missed that. I thought I'd set the global settings in the NVIDIA control panel to use application settings but hadn't.

D'oh

Jens (I'm also called that - not many in North East England)
03-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Find