Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

MOBA Games
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31
MOBA Games

Multiplayer Online Battle Arena
Do you play any MOBA Games? What do you like about them?
-------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to hear something you think about their flaws, ofcourse no game can be perfect.
I played League of Legends for a long time, then switched to Dota 2. I like Dota 2, very much. It has kept me to it and I'm not planning on stopping. I don't know why but it gave me a bigger taste of challenge then League of Legends did, not saying that League of Legends is easy, it depends on who you play against aswell.
----------------------------------------------------
Obviously as any other game, Dota 2 has flaws. But it is in closed beta so just keep that in mind. With it being in closed beta means you could either be teamed up against or with pros, or against or with total noobs. Sucks right? We'll see how it changes once it's released or atleast is in open beta.
So what do you think about MOBA Games? Why do you play it n' stuff.
Don't make this thread into a shitstorm please, saying HON IS BETTER THAN EVERYTHING AND IF YOU DISAGREE YOU SHOULD COMMIT SUICIDE, or how LOL IS THE GOD OF MOBA GAMES. Just keep things calm.
Made this thread cause I was bored, but I'd still like to know what people have to say about MOBA Games.
Smile

Hi.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2012, 06:40 PM by MaZiCUT.)
12-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Website Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: MOBA Games

I like LoL, it's probably the MOBA that suits me best. I did play a bit of HoN before that, but I thought it was too unforgiving.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
12-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

I play HON. Probably the most evil community I have yet to encounter. I randomly played a match with someone from this forum a while ago, who recognized my user-name and called me out Smile

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

12-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Find
Chap Offline

Threads: 16

I got into the beta for HoN but didn't play much of it and none after launch. I played LoL a bit and it's a really awesome game but I've played more Smite than any which is really quite fun. It's not released yet but there's still quite a bit of content with about 20 gods so far I think. If you haven't heard about it yet, it's a third person MOBA which makes it quite interesting since it gives you a blind spot and whilst it sounds like a minor difference it actually creates some pretty interesting scenarios.

I played some Bloodline champions too, it was okay but it felt a bit clunky and I didn't really like the graphics style (Not that it really changes the game but I still like a good looking game =P).

[Image: 20643.png]
12-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I got the smite Beta invite and played ot a few matches. But i really didn't like it to be honest. Mainly because it's hard to place a good strategy without a good top down view like all other moba games.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
12-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

Dota for me.

Although I like the Warcraft 3 version a lot better, the new one just feels "off".

//Top Reasons for loving it in no particular order.\\
(1) Roles for carry/tank/support/jungler doesn't feel as trinity to me than in LoL. We can go all Int based and still kick their ass.

(2) I remember most games ending up to be 4v5 within 10 minutes and we, on the 4 man team would still royally kick the other team's ass.

(3) When a ally player left, you could take their items.

(4) Killing creeps is more money satisfying, including denying creeps and towers and ally heroes.

(5) Ganks are a lot easier and more prone to happen, including team fights.

(6) The ability to juke a entire team without using a single ability is extremely satisfying. But tangos and teleport/boots are still good.

(7) Gold penalty for dieing.

(8) All heroes are available to you.

(9) Couriers

(10) Pit Lord, Jakiro and KotL! Smile
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2012, 01:33 AM by Rapture.)
12-08-2012, 01:33 AM
Find
triadtimes Offline

Threads: 16

I like LoL :3

12-08-2012, 05:46 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(12-08-2012, 05:46 AM)triadtimes Wrote: I like LoL :3
I know Tyler.

I know.

Posting Freak
12-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Website Find
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31

(12-07-2012, 08:30 PM)Acies Wrote: I play HON. Probably the most evil community I have yet to encounter. I randomly played a match with someone from this forum a while ago, who recognized my user-name and called me out Smile
Not saying anything but, since you play HON,

How often does this happend?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffuVFwqQPao

(12-08-2012, 01:33 AM)Rapture Wrote: Dota for me.

Although I like the Warcraft 3 version a lot better, the new one just feels "off".

//Top Reasons for loving it in no particular order.\\
(1) Roles for carry/tank/support/jungler doesn't feel as trinity to me than in LoL. We can go all Int based and still kick their ass.

(2) I remember most games ending up to be 4v5 within 10 minutes and we, on the 4 man team would still royally kick the other team's ass.

(3) When a ally player left, you could take their items.

(4) Killing creeps is more money satisfying, including denying creeps and towers and ally heroes.

(5) Ganks are a lot easier and more prone to happen, including team fights.

(6) The ability to juke a entire team without using a single ability is extremely satisfying. But tangos and teleport/boots are still good.

(7) Gold penalty for dieing.

(8) All heroes are available to you.

(9) Couriers

(10) Pit Lord, Jakiro and KotL! Smile
That's a really nice list. And yeah if you can pull off a juke from 5 enemies with low hp, and have it recorded.. you might just be called godlike from the community. Former Na`Vi members ArsArt (or whatever his name is) pulled off a juke in some kind of tournament, maybe it was the international. He was slardar and pulled off a juke from the whole enemy team.

Hi.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2012, 01:17 PM by MaZiCUT.)
12-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Website Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(12-08-2012, 01:14 PM)MaZiCUT Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 08:30 PM)Acies Wrote: I play HON. Probably the most evil community I have yet to encounter. I randomly played a match with someone from this forum a while ago, who recognized my user-name and called me out Smile

Not saying anything but, since you play HON,

How often does this happend?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffuVFwqQPao

I never rage.. almost :] haha, that may sound like a total lie. I'm very aware of how the community in HON is so I try to be "as kind as possible within the circumstances" and hope that I sometimes make a better game for some player.

I am raged at though. You are 100% guaranteed to recieve some rage/whine if you are the lowest ranking player on the team Tongue Brown/Orange (lowest ranking team members) are often the punching bag in case mistakes have been made or if the game has been lost.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2012, 03:01 PM by Acies.)
12-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Find