Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Admit One
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Admit One

(11-01-2013, 07:57 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(11-01-2013, 07:48 PM)Wooderson Wrote: It's not unusual really. It can enforce why people have such hierarchical behaviours. Y'know the old popularity rankings at school etc?

Maybe it isn't unusual, but it doesn't make me dislike the mindset any less.

Of course. The mindset is often looked down upon as it is quite a low way of taking action. It's just fear really. You don't want to associate yourself with certain people in fear of losing cred with peers or your own standards you've created in which you feel are correct.

I kind of have the same problem with food. If something doesn't look appealing to me then it makes me feel uncomfortable and I fear eating it to the point where I wont. It's plagued me for a long long time, its not good but its hard to overcome.

Historians will say fear is whats kept us alive, however it seems its doing a lot more than keeping us alive nowadays.

[Image: luv.gif]
11-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

I think it's actually a subconscious ego issue. When you see people your inner mind deems...well inferior...your subconscious will tell itself that treating this person as an equal will raise his social status, and in turn diminish one source of a sense of superiority that you are getting from this person being inferior to you.

This is also one reason I think many unpopular people once they have established themselves as unpopular have trouble getting back in the fray, because everyone else will subconsciously be unwilling to give up the superiority in status they have over them currently.

Completely irrational way for us to think, but that's how it often works for ourselves whether we like it or not. It's how my brain runs anyways, and it sucks.

Like I know a bunch of people who are definitely very good people, and yet I am irritated when they come talk to me.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013, 08:23 PM by Kreekakon.)
11-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

(11-01-2013, 08:19 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: I think it's actually a subconscious ego issue. When you see people your inner mind deems...well inferior...your subconscious will tell itself that treating this person as an equal will raise his social status, and in turn diminish one source of a sense of superiority that you are getting from this person being inferior to you.

This is also one reason I think many unpopular people once they have established themselves as unpopular have trouble getting back in the fray, because everyone else will subconsciously be unwilling to give up the superiority in status they have over them currently.

Completely irrational way for us to think, but that's how it often works for ourselves whether we like it or not. It's how my brain runs anyways, and it sucks.

Like I know a bunch of people who are definitely very good people, and yet I am irritated when they come talk to me.

Completely understand and agree.

11-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

when i was around 12, puberty and shit, i used to wear a fingerless glove.. yknow #swag effect

AND IT WAS RED

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
11-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Find
Mechavomit Offline

Threads: 0

(11-13-2013, 06:50 PM)Dogfood Wrote: when i was around 12, puberty and shit, i used to wear a fingerless glove.. yknow #swag effect

AND IT WAS RED
Just one?
11-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

I wore black fingerless gloves :}

11-13-2013, 07:00 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

When I was around 12 or 13, I hit a construction worker on the head with a small rock, which I had carelessly thrown in his general direction without actually intending to hit him. I escaped from the scene without being noticed, but on my way back home I punched myself repeatedly in the face because of the immense guilt I felt.
11-13-2013, 07:13 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

At least half the threads I make, I make with the intention of a bait-n'-switch or making a my-computer-esque joke relating to my avatar.

[Image: p229xcq]
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 11:56 PM by Froge.)
11-13-2013, 11:54 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

I have this fat animal fetish, specifically for cats and bunnies, but can apply to many other animals as well. Basically, if I see a really fat animal - can be virtual, like a Pusheen - I just want to pretend that the animal is a pillow and that I'm hugging it so tightly that all its blubber comes oozing out of its body and they deflate kind of like how a pillow compresses when you squash it.

Don't judge me.

[Image: p229xcq]
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 09:29 PM by Froge.)
12-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

I dream of electric sheep.

I also think the overall plot of the Star Wars prequels is really good -- Anakin/Padme romance aside. And the line, "This is how democracy dies: to the sound of deafening applause," is one of the greatest movie quotes I've heard in a while.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 10:05 PM by failedALIAS.)
12-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Find