Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Name Thread
TheBlastPassage Offline

Threads: 18
The Name Thread

This one's just like the avatar thread. Describe what your name is and why you chose it. To start off, TheBlastPassage actually comes from a game remix mad by Notch called "Blast Passage" that I played and liked the name. However, I was previously known as MistaVaultBoy coming from Vault Boy, the thumbs-up guy from Fallout

12-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: The Name Thread

Well I was in the character creation screen in Baldur's Gate II and was trying to come up with an unusual name when the name "Bridge" suddenly struck my mind. I thought it was a hilarious name for a character and I thought up this strange backstory and personality that was oozing with black humor. So now that's my go-to name on every website I register and in every video game I play.

Spoiler below!
The character's name wasn't supposed to legally be "Bridge" though. The basic gist of his backstory is that he is a Paladin that is literally obsessed with God. Life doesn't really matter to him at all and so in order to be closer to his god he tried to build a bridge to heaven which totally failed and he interpreted that as a sign that he was unworthy. That pretty much drove him actually insane and he totally abandoned all traces of his personality and so everybody just started calling him Bridge. Now he goes around vanquishing anything and everything he thinks God would deem evil, except his definition of evil is extremely broad. Anybody that isn't human, doesn't treat him with respect or basically anybody that isn't as pious as him is swiftly executed, and yet he will help anybody in need. I thought it was a humorous idea for a character so there.
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2012, 07:44 PM by Bridge.)
12-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Simply my name.

[Image: luv.gif]
12-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

being mouthkissed atleast 3 times a day by my dog.. that thing just launches towards me and kinda licks my lips. YES I KNOW ITS DISGUSTING, im not enjoying it but its almost unavoidable.

It cant stop chewing,licking and sniffing me...I EVEN GOT MY LEG HUMPED!

And no it's not a badly raised dog.. We have 3 dogs and only 1 does this thing and it wont stop Sad

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
12-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

I've had the word 'Tiger' in my name for years and when I made my xbox live gamertag I wanted to use Tiger in my name so I just thought of a short word like 'Wow' so I just chose 'waw'. It doesn't have anything with - as many think - call of duty: World at war (WaW). I pronounce it Tiger-vav, but most (Referring to xbox live people) call me Tiger-Wah (like saying 'war' with an english accent).
12-28-2012, 07:43 PM
Find
TheBlastPassage Offline

Threads: 18

(12-28-2012, 07:38 PM)DogFood Wrote: being mouthkissed atleast 3 times a day by my dog.. that thing just launches towards me and kinda licks my lips. YES I KNOW ITS DISGUSTING, im not enjoying it but its almost unavoidable.

It cant stop chewing,licking and sniffing me...I EVEN GOT MY LEG HUMPED!

And no it's not a badly raised dog.. We have 3 dogs and only 1 does this thing and it wont stop Sad

Of all the name descriptions that will ever appear in this thread, what you just said will most likely remain the most interesting

12-28-2012, 07:43 PM
Website Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

It's a name i came up with for a character of mine when I was drawing comics as a hobby back when I was like ~10. It kinda stuck with me so.. Yeah. Nowadays, I refer to myself as eliasfrost (my real name) since nackidno seem a bit childish when posting on semi-professional forums and sites (such as polycount, conceptart, deviant and tumblr)

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
12-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

I want to become an art historian, so I guess it's a good start.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
12-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

I really, really liked The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
Obliviator came to mind. Thought it was cool.
Began adding the 27 (Date of birth) at the end when Obliviator was taken.
And so it caught on.

12-28-2012, 09:58 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

My username was originally "Danarogon". Name of which I came up whit when I first signed in to runescape (regret it to this day). Danarogon has no actual meaning. I was inspired by "Pendragon" or something I guess. Still use it has my username in most sites I sign in. Has for Danny Boy well... People started to call me Danny more often than "Danarogon" (probably because its shorter) and so Danny Boy. The posting freak and fucktard of this forum was born.
12-29-2012, 12:01 AM
Website Find