Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you turn off the "hand" icon when looking at a Area trigger?
jssjr90 Offline

Threads: 39
RE: How do you turn off the "hand" icon when looking at a Area trigger?

(01-04-2013, 03:27 AM)Statyk Wrote: I believe you're looking for this function:

void ShowPlayerCrossHairIcons(bool abX);

Almost what im looking for, except it shows no cross hair in the whole game, There must be a way to turn it off ONLY for script area's. Ive seen it in the Amnesia game and other custom story's. Well there is a first step for everything. Close but no cigar.
01-04-2013, 05:13 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

I found changing the focus of the Area from -1 to 0 does the trick, had a bit of trouble with that myself Smile

That will only work if you're having the player or an entity collide with the area. I haven't tried it with interactions or on look Areas

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2013, 07:32 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
01-04-2013, 07:30 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(01-04-2013, 12:05 AM)jssjr90 Wrote:
(01-03-2013, 11:32 PM)i3670 Wrote: You have an interact-callback either in the script or in the area itself.

I don't quit understand, how do you do that?

Pick the problem Script Areas and on the right of the Level Editor, pick the "Area" tab. Remove anything in the entrybox labeled "PlayerInteractCallback".

That is what is probably causing your issue, otherwise, could you give us screenshots of this script area and/or be more specific? What I'm getting is any script area you place down, automatically has player interaction enabled... That doesn't sound right.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2013, 07:36 AM by Statyk.)
01-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Find
jssjr90 Offline

Threads: 39

Quote: Pick the problem Script Areas and on the right of the Level Editor, pick the "Area" tab. Remove anything in the entrybox labeled "PlayerInteractCallback".

...And after 2 years of self learning and experimenting with the HPL2 editor, jssjr90 finally figures out that you don't need a function name in the entrybox labeled "PlayerInteractCallback" or "PlayerCollideCallback" box, the function only needs to be declared in the script file itself!

Boy...I should get the most over looked award of the year! I thought by doing what ive been doing was correct and did not come to my thought to try other means of doing scripts. Now I half to go back though all the 65 levels and go though all the scripts that are collide script areas and leave that box blank! 2 years ive been doing this!!! I am so special!

Thank you Statyk for ending my frustration with this hand icon thing. And it only took be 2 years to get there. Well its 4:58am and im tired. Been working on that castle, adding land in front of it. Anyways, the tinyist mistakes are mostly overlooked. Like finding your car keys or remote. Good night.
01-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Lol no problem. I just learned yesterday what clip planes are/do in the Level editor. =P
01-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Find