Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do people don't care about the history?
gatts205 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Why do people don't care about the history?

(02-15-2013, 11:03 AM)Exostalker Wrote: So is this about history, or story of the CS?

I think it began being about history, but multiple people (including me) started talking about the story as well. They should be intimately related after all.
02-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Find
ElliotSaysStuff Offline

Threads: 0

It's really about keeping a balance. One one hand I don't want there no be no story and it's just a series of jumpscares wrapped around a thin-as-a-spiderweb plot, but then again I don't want to be spoon-fed endless backstories and lore when it's not really relevant to the actual game itself.
02-16-2013, 01:17 PM
Website Find
Kirbypwnage Offline

Threads: 4

(01-06-2013, 03:37 AM)str4wberrypanic Wrote: I was thinking about this recently, and i think that a lot of people who likes custom storys don't actually care about the history. That's because i've never seen any feedback about how good the history was, and the way people read memos in videos. I've realized this when i was reading the comments of " Followed by Death " in Moddb. Everyone says " oh, it was scary " or " nice scripts " or something like that, but never " oh, i really liked the history line ". It has a cool story and everything, but people don't care... I mean... for me, Amnesia was scary because of the history. The more i knew, the more i feared it.
But i don't know, it looks like people see a memo and just feel too lazy to read it. I think i've taken more time thinking about a cool history than making it, but it seems that all who people care is about the script level. And when i think about it, i don't feel animated to make a hard story, since people will only read the memo if it's part of a puzzle or something, and this is really bad. :l
What do you guys think?

I totally agree. Few people seem to care about the story, which is kinda sad. An amnesia custom story can be fun to play without a story, sort of, but with a good engaging story it makes you feel like you are discovering something. Like you are actually making progression.
That is the main reason for why I focus my custom story on the story itself a lot. Memos and letters are an important part of Amnesia, without them it would not be as interesting, and a story can easily make you feel more scared too, if done right.

I say more story to a lot of the custom stories out there. Especially those Pewdiepie ones. They are just barrels attacking e.t.c... I have nothing against Pewdiepie, but it has a very little engaging story in it...
I hope some people realize that.

Currently working on:
Archedale Castle: Cold Hunger
http://www.moddb.com/mods/archedale-castle
02-19-2013, 12:29 AM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(02-07-2013, 04:59 PM)Syronix Wrote: Well I think most of people like fiction than history, because fiction is always easy to create a story
Agree.
But when you create a story, you must think the history too. Rewrite the history if you have to.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
02-20-2013, 03:58 AM
Find