Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Sound] Looking for a saw sound.
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74
[Sound] Looking for a saw sound.

I have this kind of morbid machinery that shreds "cattle" into a bloody pulp, but I can't seem to find a suitable sound for the machine itself.

I do think I remember seing a similar construction in a custom story, don't know which. Do perhaps you know a good noise for this type of machinery?

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
01-20-2013, 06:17 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: [Sound] Looking for a saw sound.

Please describe the sound further more.

You say a saw sound? I believe there is a saw-in-wood sound around the 21-folder.

Trying is the first step to success.
01-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Find
Mackiiboy Offline

Threads: 7

I've been searching for sounds, but I could just find good sounds from paper shredding machines. My suggestion would be using a sound from an other machine that is running and try to find other sounds that could simulate the sound that occur when you shred cattle, and combine those sounds.
For example; using a looping sound for the machine when it's running and just use shred sounds when the cattle should be shredded in your story.

If you can't find any sounds for that, I might be able to help you and do some sound recording if you could come up with an idea of how we could simulate the sound. It's probably possible to record similar sounds without having to shred cattle in real life.
01-20-2013, 06:52 PM
Website Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

Ye guess I'll have to try and mix up some sound combinations and if that doesn't work I'll just record the buzzsaw-thingy we have in the garage and if that doesn't work I'll contact you, macki.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
01-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Find