Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Mouse Issues Please Help!
throosh Offline
Banned

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Mouse Issues Please Help!

I bought the Penumbra Collection PC DVD and installed it. After it all installed I hooked the games up to steam and ran them, everything seemed fine and was working. Except whenever I go to play the games (doesn't matter which of the three), the mouse lags terribly whenever I attempt to look around and move the camera. This completely hinders my gameplay. I have lowered the video settings and it still does this to the same effect. I have a more than capable graphics card, however I am using a single core processor. I know that should create some problems, but it shouldn't lag my game like this, when I am able to run other steam games on full settings with no lag at all (even with physics). I appreciate that help and hopefully someone has some answers.
06-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Mouse Issues Please Help!

You could try to use the task manager to set the priority of Penumbra to a higher setting than the standard and see if that helps. I read in some other thread that a user did this and it helped him with his problem.

Single core and such should not be a problem, for example Thomas & I have hardly the latest hardware, in fact we have quite old and shitty computers.
06-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Website Find
throosh Offline
Banned

Threads: 1

I appreciate the response and I did see that thread as well. I attempted it, by going to the task manager and going to processes and finding Penumbra.exe and settings its priority to high. Unfortunately I found no difference in my gameplay at all. The mouse still lagged whenever I would attempt to look around. Any other ideas?
06-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Find
fran Offline

Threads: 0

I had a mouse lag problem as well. I disabled Vsync in my video drivers and in the game and now it is playable. Hope it works for you too.
Enjoy that great games Cool
Hmmm I just realised that user had been banned... Anyway if this could help some other guys out there... Big Grin:
07-19-2009, 01:14 AM
Find